Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Tinkers Guild

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hello there!

The Tinkers Guild is a group (hopefully) of characters that know how to design and build basic contraptions (being very careful with the tech lock here). City owners from Altera would go to this guild to ask for contraptions like hidden doors, vault locks, traps, etc.

I'm planning to make enough Radiants to buy a wee region to set the following thing up:
Tinker Headquarters.
The region would be a "city/village" somewhere on the map, but no ordinary one. This one will be full of hidden passage ways, (traps perhaps), and knowledge. That's the basic idea. I hope to go into more detail with the people who will join this guild as buildings in the region are placed.

Note that I have no intention of making it look like a steam-punk thing. On the contrary, builds that look the slightest bit like steam punk would be removed from the region (I don't have the region yet, but just a heads-up and a note so that staff knows I'm not going to go against the rules with this plan.)

Before we have the region. Characters need to find each other in Roleplay first and make plans, otherwise it'd be way too much metagaming, and we don't wanna do that.

A global idea on how to start after meeting in a tavern or bar, I think would be by having a small experimental base in the sorrows and see how that works out. Just until we amass enough radiants to buy a region.

The theme would either be like the first or the second of the pictures below. It'd be build on the face of some hill or rock and inside would be the contraptions. The advantage of swamp over desert is that we can have a beautiful nature-site around it. The advantage of desert over swamp is that we'd have no trouble digging down (with water and all).

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Hello there!

The Tinkers Guild is a group (hopefully) of characters that know how to design and build basic contraptions (being very careful with the tech lock here). City owners from Altera would go to this guild to ask for contraptions like hidden doors, vault locks, traps, etc.

I'm planning to make enough Radiants to buy a wee region to set the following thing up:
Tinker Headquarters.
The region would be a "city/village" somewhere on the map, but no ordinary one. This one will be full of hidden passage ways, (traps perhaps), and knowledge. That's the basic idea. I hope to go into more detail with the people who will join this guild as buildings in the region are placed.

Note that I have no intention of making it look like a steam-punk thing. On the contrary, builds that look the slightest bit like steam punk would be removed from the region (I don't have the region yet, but just a heads-up and a note so that staff knows I'm not going to go against the rules with this plan.)

Before we have the region. Characters need to find each other in Roleplay first and make plans, otherwise it'd be way too much metagaming, and we don't wanna do that.

A global idea on how to start after meeting in a tavern or bar, I think would be by having a small experimental base in the sorrows and see how that works out. Just until we amass enough radiants to buy a region.

The theme would either be like the first or the second of the pictures below. It'd be build on the face of some hill or rock and inside would be the contraptions. The advantage of swamp over desert is that we can have a beautiful nature-site around it. The advantage of desert over swamp is that we'd have no trouble digging down (with water and all).

Bal has an above average understanding of red stone, traps, and poisons.

Color me Interested

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
I'm game, and I might have an idea about land for you to use too (not in our city not trying to poach people into it don't worry xD)

I'd be happy to help with this and I have a region I'd be happy to let you all use.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
awesome :D I'll get online a bit more :/ been playing Space Engineers too much xD

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm relighting this thread, for Spear and I have made arrangements and will probably today search for a location of the guild. Anyone who would like to join in the creation of the guild and adding contraptions/hidden doors/ unexpected redstone effects / traps and what not, you are very welcome to come visit Salts Ridge :) We'll RP a bit :D

I'm confused by that post. Is the location is Salt's Ridge, or are you still looking for a location?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hi, yes, sorry I haven't informed you. The location is Salts ridge now.

Also a nice update :D
Construction has started and with it ideas are popping into my mind. Here's a few:
Rule #1: All rooms in the guild must have two doorways, symbolism for redstone having a source (on/off switch) and an effect (e.g. piston). Guild-members and students must always walk into the room via the right door, and out via the left door. Just like redstone can't flow towards a source that's switched on.
Rule #2: All aspiring guild-members must do the redstone trials. These trials will lead you through a dungeon with multiple challenges. Like rule 1, you can only come out of the trials one way: Through the exit at the final challenge, there is no returning. You better be sure you are well prepared if you go into that dungeon!

Had some thoughts too! One of them is now in process. I am writing a book on redstone notations! :D Have a few examples.
[]-| Activated piston pushing right
[]| Unactivated piston facing right.
|/ Switch flipped up (off)
~ One redstone dust trail
[...>] Redstone repeater clicked thrice (longest delay)

This is gonna be fun guys :D

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Given that its half owned by us and half by HR and we're building on it it better not be.
It looks like Salts Ridge is still on the list. I know there's been some talk about Heaven's Reach in the Inactive Regions thread. Might want to see what steps can be taken about Salts.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Given that its half owned by us and half by HR and we're building on it it better not be.
Regions go on the doomlist if the region owner as determined by /transferowner (the only person able to delete the region) is inactive for too long. Being an owner without being the full-permission owner means doomlist if the main guy goes inactive.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I really hope the region gets saved! :( The location is really nice. The future plans with one part of the island being the town and the other a more private part is also quite cool, and it might have a future if the tinker guild brings it a new impulse of RP :eek:

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
So which owner is the transfer owner who's messed up then as Salts has passed through ALOT of different hands

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
His activity was too low and too sporadic. It says in the region destruction guidelines that periodic activity amongst high inactivity isn't going to save a region.