Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Tome of Citizenship (Players Guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
The Tome of Citizenship (ToC) is intended as a handbook for all new and veteran players of Hollow World, as such it is considered compulsory reading by the Crown as it contains amongst others the King's Law, Chat and forum rules as well as role play guidance. Information on donations, rewards, ranks and lore are also included in the Tome.

Any updates to laws in the future will be included in this document, removing the need to point players to various threads on the forum.

The Tome is alive, it will change from time to time so please check it regularly. Suggestions for any additional subjects for the tome should be sent to SallyRose.

Heed the words of the guide - Fastidious Quinn, as well as the words of our Kings and Queens. But above all, remember that ignorance of the laws is not an excuse for breaking them.

You can find the Tome of Citizenship here

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
The background is just a picture of papyrus textured/softened and lightened a tad then added as a page background, the writing is just fonts and the doodles just transparent drawings inserted at random. Very easy to do and I'm glad to say most of it with freeware.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
The background is just a picture of papyrus textured/softened and lightened a tad then added as a page background, the writing is just fonts and the doodles just transparent drawings inserted at random. Very easy to do and I'm glad to say most of it with freeware.
Ah thank's I was just wondering. :D its Awesome btw

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Now i get it.
Wow halfmad this is extremely inpressive.
Everyday you guys remind me why this is the best server there is! (WOOHOO FOR HOLLOWWORLD!)

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
Wow that looks awesome! I really like the layout of the PDF and it does bring wise words of advice with it.

One thing:

/msg [recipient]
Sends a private message to a player.
i.e. /msg Steelcryo Hello good sir, may I visit your house?
/r
/tell [recipient]
Replies to the last private message received
i.e. /r Er, no my wolf doesn't like your kind hanging around, you unnerve him.
Locks chat into private message to a playe
Does this imply that private messages can be taken IC'ly?

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Wow that looks awesome! I really like the layout of the PDF and it does bring wise words of advice with it.

One thing:
Does this imply that private messages can be taken IC'ly?
Surely private messaging can be done IC or OOC? If the person recieving prefers for it to the OOC or IC that's surely between the two people PMing each other. If you and the other Rolemasters want to clarify it I'll update the ToC but all I've put in there is what was previously in the help guides on the forum mate.

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
Yea, you would be able to clarify IC things aimed to one person using /msg in my opinion, things like *As you walk past your door, you mind find this, blabla* if you know what I mean, but you shouldn't have any IC conversations in it. You should only be using /msg IC'ly for vital IC information, things which the recipient would be able to see or feel or notice IC'ly whatsoever. Something which you have caused and you want to let the other player to be aware of something. But besides that /msg should only be for OOC purposes in my opinion.

I'm not demanding that the PDF should be edited right away now, but I just want to know wether people agree to this or not, and perhaps then the guide can be edited. :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
/msg is more suitable for OOC to be honest, although I guess an IC explanation would almost be "letters" with people having in character conversations via it much in the way that people use to use letters to hold long distance conversations over a long period.

Anyway this is definately a Rolemaster area of expertise OPF so we should let you RMs decide :)

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
Yea, and I have to agree to you and I think we should encourage to only use /msg for OOC purposes indeed. If they'd be used IC'ly for other purposes than that, it'll only cause metagaming and using /msg for any other IC purposes is not realistic at all.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
If any of the new citizens have any advice they'd give to others please feel free to post it here - Existing members probably won't know what it's like starting with little knowledge of Hollow World and how the game plays on Altera :)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Maybe you could add the personalities of the kings and kings hands? just so the new players know who the can have a joke with and who they should maybe not joke with (that sounded horrible as i typed it and sorry if anyone is offended) but some may take to humour better than others. Just a recommendation.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
By the sounds of the plugins might be separated from the ToC, although it would be nice to keep them together. Regardless folks, if you notice something is missing let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.