Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active The Wanderer

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I may of thrown her in Hound -Ru's loch......... Don't kill me Dayter! I didn't know she'd catch the flu!!!!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
+Som can be seen to no longer be wearing her cloak.

Also, relations updated~

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
+Som has started reading a book unprompted. :eek:

First up: COMFREY! Also have ... added some things. Quite a large section. Go find!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Comfrey
Knitbone

Comfrey, or knitbone as it is most commonly known, is a herbaceous perennial that prefers deep, moist soil and partial shade. It has oval, pointed, rough-textured leaves with blueish bell-shaped flowers that appear in late spring. It is found in damp meadows, near rivers and streams.

Planting
Comfrey can be planted in spring or autumn, and should be placed roughly two feet apart.
It is increased by division, as a root with bud.
Comfrey will flourish in almost any environment when planted, including dry soil. This plant will also live over twenty years if cultivated properly.

Harvest
Fresh leaves can be harvested any time
Roots can be harvested in autumn

Dry in about a week
Should snap cleanly

Parts Used
Leaf
fresh
Root
fresh
dried
powdered
Stem
Flower

Uses
(Speeds cell renewal in damaged muscles and broken bones. Not fit for heavy consumption.)
A salve concocted from the fresh herb will certainly tend to promote the healing of bruised and broken parts.
Poultices, compresses, and ointments can be applied externally to bruises and inflamed muscles and tendons.

Roots can be used in casts for broken bones
Poultices can be applied to cuts, boils, and abscesses.
An oil made from comfrey reduces puffiness and softens the skin.

Can be applied to varicose veins.
A tea made from the leaves can be used to treat irritated digestive systems, particularly ulcers and coughs.
Can be used as compost/fertilizer.

Varieties
Common knitbone (pictured above)
(Russian comfrey - name pending!) - A larger, hardier variety of the already hardy plant.

(oh, uh... and @Deash12 and @Michcat might be interested in what I'm doing :3 )

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Comfrey
Knitbone

Comfrey, or knitbone as it is most commonly known, is a herbaceous perennial that prefers deep, moist soil and partial shade. It has oval, pointed, rough-textured leaves with blueish bell-shaped flowers that appear in late spring.

Planting
Comfrey can be planted in spring or autumn, and should be placed roughly two feet apart.

Harvest

Dry in about a week
Should snap cleanly

Parts Used
Leaf
fresh
Root
fresh
dried
powdered
Stem
Flower

Uses

Varieties

[WIP]
What is this for?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
I know what it does from earlier, but I don't know what the plant looks like,
Comfrey
Knitbone

Comfrey, or knitbone as it is most commonly known, is a herbaceous perennial that prefers deep, moist soil and partial shade. It has oval, pointed, rough-textured leaves with blueish bell-shaped flowers that appear in late spring. It is found in damp meadows, near rivers and streams.

Planting
Comfrey will flourish in almost any environment when planted, including dry soil. This plant will also live over twenty years if cultivated properly.

Harvest

Dry in about a week
Should snap cleanly

Parts Used
Leaf
fresh
Root
fresh
dried
powdered
Stem
Flower

Uses
(Speeds cell renewal in damaged muscles and broken bones. Not fit for heavy consumption.)
A salve concocted from the fresh herb will certainly tend to promote the healing of bruised and broken parts.
Poultices, compresses, and ointments can be applied externally to bruises and inflamed muscles and tendons.

Roots can be used in casts for broken bones
Poultices can be applied to cuts, boils, and abscesses.
An oil made from comfrey reduces puffiness and softens the skin.

Can be applied to varicose veins.
A tea made from the leaves can be used to treat irritated digestive systems, particularly ulcers and coughs.
Can be used as compost/fertilizer.

Varieties
Common knitbone (pictured above)
(Russian comfrey - name pending!) - A larger, hardier variety of the already hardy plant.

(oh, uh... and @Deash12 and @Michcat might be interested in what I'm doing :3 )
This stuff helped a lot I'm glad som used it on Morgan.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
+It's difficult to tell, as Som has been sticking to loose blouses and tunics, but she looks like she's been gaining a bit of weight around her midsection.