Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Theatrical Troupe] The Melancholy Company

Juno_Ax

Lord of Altera
THE MELANCHOLY COMPANY

-------------------------------------------------
Borne from tragedy and disaster,
Those in company can master
Theirs and thy melancholy
By amusing thee with our folly!
-------------------------------------------------

THE MELANCHOLY COMPANY hereby presents themselves as a troupe of actors, dancers, musicians, and the like. Found in the heart of Tambry at the former location of the dance academy, our mission is to inspire and provide entertainment to the people of Altera.

We are currently operating out of the Tambry Teidmalum Theater, but are open to other locations/events to perform.

------------------------------------------------

Currently we are accepting auditions at our location in Tambry! Please send Greyson a letter via post or by bird if you are interested, or stop by the Company headquarters. We love to meet new people and are interested in any talent you might have that would be suitable for audiences of all ages. You might be interested in us if you desire:

A family-like atmosphere
Free housing and a place to practice your talent
Pay on occasion (we don't necessarily perform for pay, it depends on the situation)
Amazing and entertaining

------------------------------------------------

We are currently looking for (but are not confined to):

Actors
Playwrights
Musicians
Stage Hands
Dancers
Storytellers
Illusionists
Acrobats
Animal Trainers
... Or anything remotely astounding/helpful for the theatre.

WIP​

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
*nod,nod*

Here is the link to the theater's thread. There is still a bit of building to be done but your welcome to rp there, its all good.

Mostly we just needa put in seats and make it look preety. But i've been really busy with um.. *Cough*

Yeah, glad to have a resident group using it.

Last edited:

Landem

Lord of Altera
i love this so much!!
if i ever have an account free definitely gonna sign up a character!

Last edited:

Juno_Ax

Lord of Altera
Yes Barbarian, this is an IC poster/announced to the public. And Antilogy, let Greyson get rid of this bounty and we'll start putting events together ;)

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
I have a free account, and I'd love to sign up a character for a stagehand. I do it in real life... why not here? One suggestion would be to add riggers, it's a big job that would really impress people in the theatre.

We purposefully left room behind the theater (or under) for a backstage, should it be desired to be constructed.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Okay, so in people terms, a rigger is someone that runs lines across the stage in order to "fly" stuff in and out. The systems use many of the same properties as sails on a boat, which many people in the time period might know how to use. A rigger would know a lot of knots, and how to properly counterweight scenery and curtains coming in from above. It's just a bunch of connected pulleys that allow a person to change scenery quickly. I'd show you an example, but I won't be back at work until tomorrow.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
desiretoknowmoreintensifies.gif
I'm so excited by the possibility of getting dressed up in a fancy ill-fitting tux for my dwarf and watching from a skybox to watch a production.

Also:
There is still a bit of building to be done but your welcome to rp there
It's you're @Balatro , you're. :p
Edit: Still love you regardless Bal, improper grammar and all.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
The back stage still needs work. Ill get to it. Theres also plans for huge ammounts of redstone for the riggers and techeys.

Juno_Ax

Lord of Altera
You guys are awesome... it also helps that I was the crew director for our schools play yesterday, so this should be a breeze... :p

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Finally finished with my show stuff from the past three months as well, so I have some time if you want to get on that planning and stuff. Skype user is epikskyper (lemme know who you are though).

Juno_Ax

Lord of Altera
... Annnnnnd Greyson's back! Huzzah, the bounty is as
good as cleared, and now she's ready to focus on the troupe!

We are definitely still looking for members/performers, so please inquire!​