Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheVitruvianMan's Application [approved Aug88]

1. Your Minecraft username:TheVitruvianMan
2. Age: 26
3. Gender: Male
4. Country: UK

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
I haven't read it as it seems to be offline at the moment. However, I will read it as soon as possible.

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?

I'm not a big RP buff (I'm really more interested in the buiding aspect of the game) but I understand how it works and I don't mind playing along if necessary to avoid ruining people's immersion in the game. If required I have no problem with RPing.

I have played other games on full RP servers in the past, in particular I played NWN2 on the Dasaria server for over a year. Dasaria is a persistent world server with very heavy emphasis on storytelling and RP (which is compulsory at all times), and I had a lot of fun playing various different characters on that server and getting involved in the story as it unfolded.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
My name in RL is Chris, and I'm the older brother of James_Dawkins who has been a regular on this server for some time. I played on the server myself for a few months last year, and I helped my brother design and construct the cathedral in Port Silver, as well as building a few houses and helping out a little with various other things.
I'm a qualified Architect in real life, so my primary motivation for playing Minecraft is to build things. I've always been interested in creative games such as Minecraft, so much so that I wrote my masters dissertation on the topic! As mentioned above I've played on the server before, and have always been impressed with the quality of the builds on the server and the ambition of the people behind them. I've seen my brother playing on the server and I can see that things have really moved on since the last time I played, and the server seems to be going from strength to strength.
My reason for coming back is that I've been away from MC for a while and numerous new features and updates have been released since I last played. I'd like to get back into the game and check these features out, and frankly I'd rather do that on a MP server where my builds can contribute to the environment and I can have a bit of social interaction while I'm creating them. Single player mode always feels very lonely and isolated to me!
8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I don't have any examples of my work in a format I can attach, but as mentioned above, I helped design and construct the cathedral in Port Silver, and that is the kind of quality I will be striving for in all of my builds.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Not particularly! I'm generally a fairly busy person so I can't guarantee I will be on all the time, but I'll try to put in regular appearances and I absolutely promise I won't leave half finished builds hanging around for protracted lengths of time as I realise that just ruins the environment for everyone else.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes, I am.

11. How did you find out about our server?
My brother James_Dawkins first introduced me to it some time ago. I'm now returning to the server after a period of absence. As the server has moved on somewhat since then, I need to reapply for the whitelist.
I used to hold the 'Knight' rank on the old server, I don't know if this can be carried across to the new one or if I have to start again from scratch? Either way it doesn't matter, I'll just be happy to build stuff!

12. Have you voted for us?
Yes!

Aug88

Grand Architect
my my this is a very nice application and therefor happily invite you into our community !

application accepted

Tantara

Resigned Admin
Anyways, I'm going to accept you :)
Before you do anything, I really recommend flipping through the Altera Census to get a feel for the possible towns in Altera. When you start, you'll spawn in the town of Brustenburg. Use the Altera Survival Guide to find your way to Port Silver and the docks there to start to visit towns that you'd like. You've got to live in a town on this server, so its beneficial to know what sort of town you're looking for when you start.
Also, please read the rules one last time on the wiki tab to make sure that you've got a handle of things. I'd like to put an extra emphasis on the anti x-ray rule. Any use of black magic will be discovered.
Feel free to pm myself or any other mod/admin with any questions that you may have. Users with a red name in-game are moderators or admins.

Anyways, welcome to Altera!

Oh, and here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54263163/Tome_of_Citizenship_1.2.pdf'

Edit: sniped.

Thanks guys for approving the app so quickly!

I've read through the tome of citizenship, cheers for the links Tantara :) Also had a look at the census, I was already interested in Heaven's Reach before as that is where my brother lives and some of the builds there look great. Having read up on the background of that city, it seems perfect for me. I guess I'll be having a talk with you ingame, Aug, once I manage to make my way there :p