Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thieves Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
And about the 3º step... I noticed I only spoke to thieves, not smugglers. So, here you go:

Option A (and so far the only one):
We approach a vendor that sells (lets say...) meat! He usually buys meat from hunters for 300, cooks it, and sells it for 500. But, we can convince him that we can get the meat for 250, and some already cooked. If he wants to deal, we'll just make a small contract (he can sign a book), I can ask an admin to sell the meat in a certain spot with a chest for 150 (or even better yet, having a thief steal some meat from a house), the smuggler will win 100 with this, and the vendor can still win 50 for dealing with us.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
That is, until they figure out how to circumvent the middle-man :p
But that's a good example mission for smugglers.

I'll try and help in regards to these kinds of missions.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Ok, lets start this then. First, step Zero. Anyone knows to who shall we direct this thread, for a basic approval? It's just so we have a green light before we make the Official thread, and start our own private conversation about this

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Would it be towards the staff? I mean, if we need to get approval for something, they'd be the people to go to, right? That and probably the mayors of any towns we'll be operating in.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Yes, for now I mean the staff. We can deal with the mayors later, wen we have a post with all the rules, so we don't have to explain over and over and over and over and over and over and over ..........

d_fry

Lord of Altera
our rules are we rob for the jarl not against him, any robberies that would detriment the city instead of individual people are not considered,
I'm not in this guild but I've got a couple of questions.
1: Do you have any rules against robbing each other, or robbing the people of stormhold?
2: You mentioned illegal substances. Are there any illegal substances in Altera?
we are still trying to get our name out side of storm hold, obviously this is not a true constant profitable operation with tons of cash coming in each day. lonmar is not directly profiting from it, but it can be some good rp that is worth while for individual players just like the assassin guilds.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Why not just check with one of the staff in-game? Like, ask Naelwyn who we should speak to.
You know that Draco is an admin don't you? I saw that someone had already run some of these ideas past him. I've read the thread too and I think there are some cool ideas here. If you need help with an admin shop or something then grab me in game.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
You know that Draco is an admin don't you? I saw that someone had already run some of these ideas past him. I've read the thread too and I think there are some cool ideas here. If you need help with an admin shop or something then grab me in game.
But being able to get him online in this last few days has been difficult.
Either way, I'm gonna do some typing work, get all the rules / concepts on one message, and see if they approve. Wish me luck guys

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
We may need a place outside of any one town, perhaps for the marketplace suggested, or for even a hold that we could use for storage/laying low. Would you be able to help with some of this, as we'd need the place to be regioned?

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
We may need a place outside of any one town, perhaps for the marketplace suggested, or for even a hold that we could use for storage/laying low. Would you be able to help with some of this, as we'd need the place to be regioned?
Already took care of that last night :p

I now own a house in Kavdam, a small Nakam town. And since the house is being remodeled for me, I asked for a secret meetings room and a secret storage room. For the ones that I provide a pass, they may get in and use the house as a hideout, or we all may use them for meetings

d_fry

Lord of Altera
We may need a place outside of any one town, perhaps for the marketplace suggested, or for even a hold that we could use for storage/laying low. Would you be able to help with some of this, as we'd need the place to be regioned
now its good to set goals but right now we need to focus on one task at hand. once we get rp thefts in use we can broaden our sights for real estate but the guild itself is not completely renovated yet. if we don't put all our effort into one thing we may never complete anything. first we need to perfect the rp robberies, next get the community involved, once enough people start participating we can set our sights on a permanent location for such things. we still should come up with plenty of new ideas but we cant loose sight of current projects that still need work. i have a project im currently saving up for but if i change my idea every week il never get a single project done. we should work out things within the guild first and figure out the rp theft.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
now its good to set goals but right now we need to focus on one task at hand. once we get rp thefts in use we can broaden our sights for real estate but the guild itself is not completely renovated yet. if we don't put all our effort into one thing we may never complete anything. first we need to perfect the rp robberies, next get the community involved, once enough people start participating we can set our sights on a permanent location for such things. we still should come up with plenty of new ideas but we cant loose sight of current projects that still need work. i have a project im currently saving up for but if i change my idea every week il never get a single project done. we should work out things within the guild first and figure out the rp theft.
Already taking care of that as well. Although I was going to use the house on Kavdam, and since I already paid, I asked for the "extension" that the guild needed.

I'm gonna finish the message to the admins, and send it tonight. Draco is one of them. Any ideas to who I should send this as well?

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Looks good; you included detailed information about what we've discussed here, and the bonus of the player-community's enthusiasm will surely help.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
In regards to #3... please remember guildmaster: quality over quantity. It'll do us no good if the newbloods recruited into the guild can't even steal from a blind man's home. I suggest we put Brave Rubber Duck's missions into good use and have initiation trials for those wishing to join our ranks. Of course, we'll need to wait for the admin green-light to get things rolling better, and wait for the mission categories have been chiseled to perfection, but it will only hurt us if we always hire on the Average-Joe walking down the nearest back alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.