Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thieves Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
we need to get some of these going. maybe for silver tongued thugs like me there could be rp shake downs for safe codes or locations of items. for smugglers resale in markets crawling with guards would be the task. maybe once we work out any problems there could be longer ones that start out with obtaining info, then the actual theft, smuggling the goods, and finally fencing the resale.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
we need to get some of these going. maybe for silver tongued thugs like me there could be rp shake downs for safe codes or locations of items. for smugglers resale in markets crawling with guards would be the task. maybe once we work out any problems there could be longer ones that start out with obtaining info, then the actual theft, smuggling the goods, and finally fencing the resale.
I love the idea of actually starting a mission in that style, instead of them just dropping on our laps like magic.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Don't forget to put it in 720p​
Sorry about the quality, I was testing new rendering settings / motion blur settings. Enjoy.​

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
I usually advise people to do this missions solo, but having backup up the hills as a overwatch or as distraction on the streets is quite good :p

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Love the video, bro. I assume there's a legal trick to get into houses?

Also, what about 'smuggling' items? It's easier for thieves, as they can get into homes, get the item ID, then skedaddle off. But there isn't exactly Port security or anything... Additionally, the "guards" are just non-responsive NPCs. Unless I'm missing something.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Love the video, bro. I assume there's a legal trick to get into houses?

Also, what about 'smuggling' items? It's easier for thieves, as they can get into homes, get the item ID, then skedaddle off. But there isn't exactly Port security or anything... Additionally, the "guards" are just non-responsive NPCs. Unless I'm missing something.
Yup, there is a legal trick to get into houses, already showed to Chris, but other than that, only on training sessions.

And about the security preventing us from stealing... I'm working on some "counter measures"
- Posters will be spread, informing that we now operate with a certain uniform (making every single player a guard by themselves)
- We can only steal from a house, if the owner is online (he can come home at any time)
- Depending on the item / situation, we can actually "steal" from them (i.e. we stole an iron sword successfully via the #ID, the house owner can give us a real iron sword), making them want to prevent us from stealing.
- Thieves can be killed easily since they barely have armor, and they can surrender and spend time in jail / pay the house owner (this last part we still need to tweak)
- Big loot, big risk. You can make scraps by robbing copper rings from a peasant house, in the middle of the woods, barely secured. Or you can steal something valuable, on the middle of an RP event, with a lot of people to kill you

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
Well, it seems pretty cool, and it looks like you're really fleshing this out - which is a good thing.

About smuggling jobs... I was thinking that we could have something similar to the thieves. A book, still editable, lists an item or items to be procured. They could be moved from one thief in a city to another thief in a different city, or they could be acquired from certain places, ie storage rooms to be sold in open markets/AH.

I also think that we should make our own marketplace that players can go to in order to buy/sell items to and from the guild. This could tie in with the smuggling jobs, having the smugglers take merchandise out of cities, without being seen, and bringing them to said market. I was thinking it could be located in the sewers of Stormhold (when they're built), or in the forest surrounding the city's southern edge - at least, I think it's the southern edge... might be the eastern.

Another thought: Have you guys considered branching out the guild to other towns? Perhaps there could be an entire web of the guild, spreading from Stormhold, to Mirage, to Heaven's Reach, to Witch's Brew.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Well, it seems pretty cool, and it looks like you're really fleshing this out - which is a good thing.
I was absent from the game for months, but while that happened, I slowly planned lots and lots of stuff :p

About smuggling jobs... I was thinking that we could have something similar to the thieves. A book, still editable, lists an item or items to be procured. They could be moved from one thief in a city to another thief in a different city, or they could be acquired from certain places, ie storage rooms to be sold in open markets/AH.
I also had something for this:

Version A - Client A (buyer) and client B (seller) want to trade X item, but it's illegal and they cannot do it in public. You talk with A, get the money, go to B, trade the item, and deliver to A. All done across towns, all in the thieves dress code, always sneaky.

Version B - Storage A,B and C may have X item. Client A wants it deposited on another point. You (or a thief) have to search the locations, and the smuggler delivers in the location.

I also think that we should make our own marketplace that players can go to in order to buy/sell items to and from the guild. This could tie in with the smuggling jobs, having the smugglers take merchandise out of cities, without being seen, and bringing them to said market. I was thinking it could be located in the sewers of Stormhold (when they're built), or in the forest surrounding the city's southern edge - at least, I think it's the southern edge... might be the eastern.
Market place? Seems like a good idea, but that will require a lot of item movement, and people to allow themselves to be robbed (giving the item that they lost in the "RP" theft)

Another thought: Have you guys considered branching out the guild to other towns? Perhaps there could be an entire web of the guild, spreading from Stormhold, to Mirage, to Heaven's Reach, to Witch's Brew.
Lets mark our name trough this land, start making small connections across towns, and then think about it.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
I also had something for this:

Version A - Client A (buyer) and client B (seller) want to trade X item, but it's illegal and they cannot do it in public. You talk with A, get the money, go to B, trade the item, and deliver to A. All done across towns, all in the thieves dress code, always sneaky.

Version B - Storage A,B and C may have X item. Client A wants it deposited on another point. You (or a thief) have to search the locations, and the smuggler delivers in the location.
Yes, this, exactly! I just couldn't articulate it. Also, co-op missions in version B would add a bit of spice to the jobs, instead of just going everything alone.

Market place? Seems like a good idea, but that will require a lot of item movement, and people to allow themselves to be robbed (giving the item that they lost in the "RP" theft)
Well, it won't really require much item movement. All I'm suggesting with this is setting up stalls either in the forest, or in the sewers of Stormhold. Players who want to move their shop to this location would have to move items, yes. OR they could just set up new shops with new items, thus requiring much less movement.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
i think havens reach already has a guild of thieves, maybe we could create a hide out for all the guilds to come together as a council. maybe we could involve some assassin guilds as well. il consider it my project while you guys focus on the rp adventure stuffs

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Ok, it came to my attention that some of the players that posted on this thread are no longer active on the Thieves Guild. Maybe we should give a week, for us all to go to HQ, live a sign with our Name (minecraft, not RP) and Position, so that after that we can start organizing ourselves.

And in the next few days, I will make a couple of RP robberies, but a little bit different (just for the initiation).
I'll explain it later, in game

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
But some of us aren't going to be on the guild anymore... And I want to start recruiting one or 2 guys, and get some work done even without HQ. I'll edit this post as we go:

BraveRubberDuck - Active - Thief and Job Arranger.
D_Fry - Active - Barkeep
Sneaky_ninja_66 - Active - Chief Smuggler and Intelligence Officer

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Ok, since we needed to see how the community would handle us, I tried to get some work done today... And what better place start that the Laughing Lamb.
After a few minutes of waiting, sitting in a chair, sipping a drink, not bugging anyone, I saw someone that looked fit for a small job. I gave him a signal, and waited for him outside, on a dark alley. I asked if he was interested on winning some extra coins, and met him on another place (since we were talking in RP, and we had a lot of players eavesdropping on us) to see if he had the knowledge to get the job done.
After seeing that he was fit for the job, told him the place and time for the final meeting, and went away.

Quickly made a sign on a house, wrote a book with the mission, and gave him the basics (Leather Armour, no hat / Book with mission / 8 Pearls)

I was watching from a distance, without being seen, as he scouted the area, broke in, got the stuff and came out.

This way, we can start getting some new recruits and at the same time, spread our name around, making them know that they may get robbed as well.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
[This message will be deleted upon completion]
Those who already are on the "Active" post, with the correct function, can delete their own post claiming to still be active.
(just to keep the reading of this thread more smooth :3)

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
After we have out positions ready, I suggest that we go for the next step: setting the world around for our missions.

Step Zero: Administrators Approving all this

1º Step: The Posters.
We will need to ask an admin, and spread them around Port Silver / All the towns, claiming that Thieves where seen around, operating with Leather Armour and no Hat, and that citizens are free to engage them if trespassing

2º Step: The Rules.
We need to create a Thread, with Thieves Rules / How do we operate / F.A.Q.

3º Step: the Victims
Stealing for the heck of it is always fun, but the Tools are coming from our pockets, and if they keep themselves empty, that's just pointless

Option A: 5 houses per city (may variate if city is too small or too big) have loot in them, and the owners are willing to "be robbed" from 100R to 500R. Wen they are robbed, it switches to another house.

Option B: Same Setup, as A, but we work with real items. If the owner gets robbed, he has to deliver the item (or he delivers on the moment, and if not stolen in a week, we give it back?)

If thief gets caught (surrender) [100% payment] or killed [50% to 75% payment], the thief has to pay the owner (making them think that they can get us and be rewarded) and (making our thieves actually good, and low ranks decline big jobs, just because they don't want to lose money)

4º Step: Recruiting.
From one day jobs, to full time recruits that will live with us, we have to make this social in general. We need them to be aware, to try to hunt us down, otherwise people will not even care that we break into their house.

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
The more we operate, the more we'll need to hide our movements, set up aliases (for RPing), and even possibly relocate. I like it. And with the recruiting, it'll help weed out the skilled players from the rest. Do you think there could be some sort of... "Thief Mentor?" Of course, it wouldn't be like a class where several players are taught the ways of the thief at once... more like a "master" and "apprentice" sort of deal. It'd help strengthen our members AND provide good RP content.

Hilter

Legend of Altera
I'm not in this guild but I've got a couple of questions.
1: Do you have any rules against robbing each other, or robbing the people of stormhold?
2: You mentioned illegal substances. Are there any illegal substances in Altera?

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
I'm not in this guild but I've got a couple of questions.
1: Do you have any rules against robbing each other, or robbing the people of stormhold?
2: You mentioned illegal substances. Are there any illegal substances in Altera?
Since mainly I set up the missions first, I don't think I'll allow thieves to steal from thieves, since it's kinda pointless xD

And illegal substances would be nice, making people get to us smuggle said stuff for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.