Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Trek to Devil's Castle (DayZ)

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Calling all brave survivors!!!
Many of you by now have heard of the zombie survival that is DayZ, and I know for fact many of you play it.
So, here's what this thread is about.
^Click^
Right, so that's the map, what I want you all to do is scroll to the top of said map and find the icon marking a castle, hover your mouse over that icon... What do you see?
Devil's Castle
The objective of this mission is simple;
Get a moderate/large sized group together and survive, making the trek from wherever we spawn, to Devil's Castle.
For any of you who have played DayZ, or ARMA before, you'll know full well, this is no easy task. When I say we make the trek, I'm talking survival, I'm talking striving, not running as fast as you can up north. I mean repairing vehicles as we go, grabbing weapons, stocking ammo and supplies. Everything.
What does it take to play?
Well, to play DayZ as most of you will know, you need ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead. If you don't already have both and wish to join us the "ArmA II: Combined Operations" bundle costs $30 USD, I'm afraid I don't know what that is in pounds/euros or any other forms of money you may use.
For those of you that already have both games, and may not already have DayZ. Here is a link to it.
So, if you click that link, it'll take you to the download link for DayZ, simply scroll down a bit and hit "Six Updater Suite (Recommended)"
Then run it. Simple as that! :D
When will it be?
Saturday, September 1st - 11:30 Central Standard Time
GMT -6
Want to be a part of this event?
Drop a post here, lemme know if you want to be a part of this and when you can participate.
Any questions?
Drop a post here letting me know!! :D
Rules as they are:
We'll be dealing in an equal distribution system distributing weapons and such to the more experienced players first, then arming up the rest, we'll distribute supplies as necessary.​
No killing people participating that are in our group.​
Do not hoard things.​
Violators will be shot/chopped.​
For obvious reasons, guns and other weapons will only be handed out pending the belief we can trust you not to shoot me, or someone else in the back.​
If you die, we will not come back for you, it will be up to you to catch up, pending certain circumstances we may leave someone behind to wait for you.​
People Participating:​
Akari (Me)​
TheCastellan​
Frank Frappuccino (True identity held by me!)​
Pyrocide​
MrLightyy​
A_Flying_Hobo​
Karasu1996 - Maybe​
Shizzel​
Epik - Maybe​
Jonni25/xRoXx​
Jinx​
Kaies​
SparkInSpace​
Camicaxe​
Again:​
Any questions? Post them here.​
Also:​
Did I miss anyone?​

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Alright, so I'm gonna let this stay open a couple more days before deciding when everything is going happen!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'm up for it, and I may have a few others that we are both acquainted with that may want to join as well.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
The more the merrier, being on the onslaught.

Also, I should make it known as I believe I neglected to, when we start this adventure, we will ALL be starting fresh, however... I don't care if you join the game then die somewhere safe so we can gather your gear later. ;)

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
Do I HAVE to get Combined op's to be able to run dayz? I bought only arma 2, so if I buy operation arrowhead seperately, will it be the same?

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
Do I HAVE to get Combined op's to be able to run dayz? I bought only arma 2, so if I buy operation arrowhead seperately, will it be the same?
No you can buy them seperatly Combined ops is just a package that steam offers (There is no difference they install as two separate games)

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Ill play im no pro but had the game a few weeks and the mod the same amount of timeish , when will this take place?
EDIT: if we need any medical supplies I discoverd something well really my friend told me go to Cherno , Go to Army tent / Military camp or whatever and go inside the medic tent you can open the cardboard boxes and they tend to have 10 blood bags each , I never knew!!!

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Ill play im no pro but had the game a few weeks and the mod the same amount of timeish , when will this take place?
This will take place after I've decided enough people have said they'll be there, or in a couple of days when plenty of people have had a chance to see the thread, following that I will decide a time we can all be on to start.

Also can my friend who isnt on the server Ralph play?
If you get permission to get him on TS, it shouldn't be a problem, but that's up to the admins obviously.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Yes! A pointless escapade full of zombies, starving, running and general foolishness!! Now you know men!! We're doing this for the pure hell of it and the fun of the journey!! :D