Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Turtle's Whitelist [ Approved - Jennybean ]

Turtl3

I think I might like it here
turtl3s0up's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username:

turtl3s0up

Country & Timezone:

USA EST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?:

Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?:

Metagaming is the use of OOC knowledge in IC situations in order to gain something beneficial for a character. This is a breach of OOC into IC and honestly a pain for those trying to roleplay and can be detrimental to most when someone is attempting to use gained information against another to further their own character or personal agenda maliciously.

Powergaming is the express use or overflow of emotes that disregard other characters within an instance that is usually used in combat or high intensive roleplay to force actions into happening without the agreement of a participating character/person. This is usually done maliciously in order to kill characters off or get something otherwise unattainable through normal means.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?:

No

Tell us about yourself!:

Hello there, I go by Turtle, in-game name is turtl3s0up, I am 22 years old and have been roleplaying for almost ten years now. I've bounced around servers and a few DnD groups and most recently friends have decided to come here. I have experience in being a moderator, a gm, and writing lore more so for DnD, but haven't been on a minecraft roleplay server in a bit so I am a little rusty. I look forward to roleplaying here when I can, and more so getting to know everyone.

Referral:

Uhh, quite a few people: ChosenOne, Azur, Cukie1, Kaoiyr, Alduindie to name the usernames that I think I remember..

{Character Section}

Character Name:

Vanathiel Kelthara

Race: Moor Elf

Appearance:

Usually found leaning over a book, Vanathiel is a bit short for an elf, standing around 5'9 but looking to be an inch shorter or so due to a slight slouch he has grown accustomed to holding. With dark grey skin and a mess of white hair that falls down past his shoulders in the morning, only before he would get his hair into a side braid and fix up the rest. Normally, he can be found wearing simpler clothes, a pale blue tunic and boots for traveling as he moves around often to keep busy.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

The night was quiet outside the crackling of a small campfire set upon an empty hill, Vanathiel sat there with one of his last friends, more honestly a brother that had been with him since he was young. They had been born in Linlea and lived there with their smaller Clan. Life was simple and easy at first, it was home for the both of them, yet now a distant dream. He turned to look over at Anaviel as the other boy was setting up a pair of smaller pheasants to roast over their fire. "Do you remember the Isles? Before we left? I miss the fish.." He asked him.

"I remember it well, we would dive from the rocks and catch our own, it was fun, sometimes we would even find crabs or clams." Anaviel would return, wiping a drop of saliva that had built up from the thought.

"It all feels like a dream.." Vanathiel would say, shifting to hold his hands closer to the warmth of the burning logs.

"That was years ago, and we have come a long way, this land has been nice enough as well.." the other man would finish setting the birds over the fire and begin to turn them slowly.

"What would be the first thing you eat when we get to the ocean?"

"Octopus." Anaviel would state with a wide grin on his face, "I would love to cut one up myself or maybe even a live one!"

Vanathiel would grimace and punch his brother's shoulder, "That would be a nice change from birds and occasionally a plump rabbit. Y'know, I think I can almost smell the water."

It doesn't feel like that long ago when he left, he remembers the pyre well enough, sat along the coast as the water broke against the stones was a line of pyres roaring to match the tides. He remembers the smell of the bodies and the pain in his chest. These were the last pyres laden with the sick, he looked around to his remaining clan members, a symbol clutched in his hand and tears welling in his eyes. They were all standing there silently, tears rolling down each of their own faces and helpless anger building. They all knew they could do nothing about it, they had tried everything outside of giving up, the Clan had been struck quick and fast by a sickness, terrible and cunning like a shadow sweeping through his friends and family in the night. Those that remained were healthy but, it was at this funeral that the Clan died, no words were given, cause none were wanted. Looking over to his last friend, Anaviel they locked eyes and understanding was met; "Prepare the boats, our Clan has left today and so shall we."

Anaviel nodded, and with the remaining members gathered, they took what they had not burned already and left. Less than 20 people remained from the accursed illness that ravaged their village, and those that left with them dispersed, giving each other empty condolences as they parted ways leaving Vanathiel and Anaviel alone. At the time, they were just barely men, and yet they were left to figure a new life out alone on the Eastern Continent that they had beached upon.

He would snap back to reality as Anaviel pokes him with the cooked pheasant, "Somethin' troubling you?"

"Just old memories, I was thinking of how we started out here with no one and nothing.."

"Well even though we had nothing, we had each other so far."

"Yes, and that changes today right?" Vanathiel questioned not truly wanting the answer.

"Today, as soon as the sun breaks over the horizon, we journey alone, there are plenty of paths in this world, and I am sure we will cross them again. So cheer up and eat, today marks a new day for us both!"

He shook his head, letting a smile spread across his face at that and took the pheasant. The two ate and talked about their plans until the faintest glimmer of sun began to crown the horizon, followed by the faintest breeze.

"I truly wish you well, may you be protected in your travels and learn much." Vanathiel would say, gathering his stuff and giving a final hug to Anaviel.

"Of course, and to you as well Brother. Never forget home, and never forget, you are never alone." Anaviel said, almost stoically, a childish grin growing on his face. "Till the next Sunrise."

And with a final goodbye, Vanathiel watched his Brother make his way down the hill and over the next. He would miss him, but they had both agreed to find their own paths now that they had survived long enough to know they weren't sick. He packed up his small tent, and lifted his walking stick, breathing in the air, almost smelling of the sea and he smiled.

"Till the next Sunrise.."

JennyBean

Legend of Altera
Spooky
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
SkelepunBeanie
SkelepunBeanie
Spooky
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "SO Member." I'm here to help.