Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Underwater City] Okeanos

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The power of Humans is their flexibility. While they are never masters at anything, they are always good at everything. Other races can swim, or they can mine, or cut trees down, to the very best standards, but only humans can do all those things with very good, not necessarily the best, standards. They have the technological knowledge very close to that of Dwarves, allowing them to build amazing contraptions. They know how to use their attributes to, while they can't swim as well as Merfolk, build ships far greater then any other race.
Humans are also, by far, the most destructive and most spreading disease in Altera. They can pull two different races into wars and watch them slaughter each other without Humans even moving their fingers. It is actually more challenging to play as a normal Human being, with no powers, then it is to play as a Dwarf or an Elf. This is because Humans have the instinct of destruction to create. Many people don't understand that and think it's easy to RP as a Human, but if you are Human with no powers, standing against magic and stronger races, the only thing that can get you anywhere is intellect, which Humans have far more then any other race.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
MRPolo13 said:
The power of Humans is their flexibility. While they are never masters at anything, they are always good at everything. Other races can swim, or they can mine, or cut trees down, to the very best standards, but only humans can do all those things with very good, not necessarily the best, standards. They have the technological knowledge very close to that of Dwarves, allowing them to build amazing contraptions. They know how to use their attributes to, while they can't swim as well as Merfolk, build ships far greater then any other race.
Humans are also, by far, the most destructive and most spreading disease in Altera. They can pull two different races into wars and watch them slaughter each other without Humans even moving their fingers. It is actually more challenging to play as a normal Human being, with no powers, then it is to play as a Dwarf or an Elf. This is because Humans have the instinct of destruction to create. Many people don't understand that and think it's easy to RP as a Human, but if you are Human with no powers, standing against magic and stronger races, the only thing that can get you anywhere is intellect, which Humans have far more then any other race.
I agree, but specific humans can be better at a certain attribute than another species. Other species' have a history of doing something specific well (like dwarves at digging) whereas humanity is all round average, which is why there are individuals that separate from the usual interpretations of humans that have learnt to evolve. What humans do best is adapt

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
If someone would like to donate so I could create House Oceana or purchase more plots for my town.... Yeah. We could working something out. Alliance with the merfolk or something.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
bewpy said:
If someone would like to donate so I could create House Oceana or purchase more plots for my town.... Yeah. We could working something out. Alliance with the merfolk or something.
I would have to start collecting more rads again, but I can buy a plot!

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ok i have a structural plan. I need residents and helpers to gether stone bricks, mossy stone brick, cracked stone brick, redstone lamps, jungle wood, sand, and those stone bricks that have the square design on them idk what theyre called. I also need lots of rads for plots.

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
should we use jungle wood or dark or regular
Maybe alot of differents types

Frostyvamp

I think I might like it here
I can offer my support, and depending* on Davy's thoughts, the support of Rhukan Draal, home of the few greylings currently in Altera :p
*Because this word is important. His support isn't definite.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
bewpy said:
Ok i have a structural plan. I need residents and helpers to gether stone bricks, mossy stone brick, cracked stone brick, redstone lamps, jungle wood, sand, and those stone bricks that have the square design on them idk what theyre called. I also need lots of rads for plots.
Check, not check, not check, check, check, check, not check (think they're called circled stone bricks) and check!

Frostyvamp

I think I might like it here
How much stone brick do ye need? I run a quarry in SW, usually just throw out the stone, but I can get to smelting it.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Well, bewp. I will try to collect about a chest worth of sand and a double chest of logs.
For I am a lumberjack!

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thanks guys! Gather resources for now and once I get on we'll start building. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.