Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Inactive] Viktor Sylvain

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Viktor Sylvain

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: Human
Social Status: Noble-born vagabond
Sexuality: bisexual
Height: tall
Weight: light
Homeland: Carpaccia

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: really lanky
Hair: a black as his soul
Eyes: icy blue
Skin: very pale
Identifying Marks: the greasiest hair known to man, a brooding demeanor, a very unique beard
Appearance: narrow, piercing eyes with a slightly hooked nose, thin lips, and a longish face. he has a deathly pale complexion, and his lanky body seems unfitting for a human.
Clothing: a dashing purple-and-silver number, reminiscent of the most extravagant of costumes, complete with an intimidatingly large cape that drapes from his shoulders. save for the cape, he still has these clothes in his inventory, though he's stripped off the vest and much of the extravagance, so now it is simply a purple tunic and boots.
Weaponry: a ridiculously fancy dagger that he keeps strapped to the inside of his boot, a normal dagger he keeps strapped to his belt.
Prized Possessions: TBA
Hygiene: meticulously clean, with a thick beard, and long scraggly hair. his unusual eyes hold a piercing quality, and stuff.
Voice: Megabyte from the CGI cartoon ReBoot (Im actually serious is the scary part) (its the closest match I have) (his voice actor also did Shere Khan and Frollo)

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: he's genuinely nice to people, and a bit of a charmer. He has a fiercely analytic and mathematical mind.
Fears: horses
Weaknesses: he doesn't know how to carry a sword, his luck is abysmal, and he has no useful trade skills except for accounting and sailing
Intelligence: he's read a great deal of books, but is still young and full of mistakes.
Languages: common
Profession: househusband, unemployed and seeking employment

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: he is a generally distant and brutally honest bastard of a man. slimy is a good word to describe his character. he is obsessive yet apathetic at the same time. everything must be in place, everything must be clean and perfect. he has no time for anything less. he will tell stories of horrific troubles without blinking an eye, and cannot hope to relate to the common man. but yet, he hopes.

his passions lie in mathematics and in sailing. numbers make sense to him. numbers are perfect, rational, expected. they cannot lie to you. you cannot lie to them. they simply are. to sail a sea is to place your life in the hands of the endless nothing. it is liberating, to relinquish control to the whims of nature.

he is confident in his abilities, and he is confident in his absolute horridness. in the same breath that he brags about his grand life as heir to the glorious House Sylvain, he also calls himself the bastard Drakyuul saw fit to take in, a filthy dog in a long line of filthy dogs. he knows he's a terrible person. he revels in it.

Yet, there is redemption. His own pride extends to his loved ones, but without any of the self-deprecation. He is protective, almost heroically so.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 8.21.07 PM.png

Religion or Cults: "the gods of the world are inconsistent at best. while I am happy to offer them tribute when necessary, I would offer my allegiances to a simpler being."
Alignment: Sybaritic

TRIVIA:
Favourite...

Place: the Sea
Pasttime: sailing
Food: fine tender steak, cooked rare
Drink: wine, rum, champagne
Colour: purple
Animal: dogs, especially the big ones. and cats. and falcons.

Least Favourite...
Place: dirty hovels.
Pastime: being poor
Food: gruel
Drink: carrot juice
Colour: yellow
Animal: horses.

BACKSTORY:
Viktor Sylvain was the adopted son of a pathetically powerful nobleman, Drakyuul Sylvain, who took him in after his parents died of a "tragic accident." he soon saw the corrupt nature of the house, what sorts of horrid things his father allowed to happen, all for the sake of politics, and he soon found himself holding a deep mistrust of all nobles. still, his power and money were very useful to... take up a few hobbies.
after a few years of loud parties full of debauchery, scheming, and the occasional unfortunate murder, he was contacted by an assassin's guild. the job was simple: poison his own father's drink.
he was more than happy to do so.

of course, the poison he'd picked out didn't actually work, and instead made his father get a very bad cold for a few weeks, but it's the thought that counts.

still, he feared that his attempt at least would be made known somehow, so without even a letter to his siblings, he fled, traveling to the Northern Kingdoms with no hope in his heart that he could ever return to the land that was, for all its flaws, still his home. he yet sought power, but did so with little drive, and he found himself reviled and hated by all who met him.

months passed, and he could not even keep a job. soon, his wallet had run dry, and he found himself forced to do grunt work to pay for his stays at the Azerport inn.

it was then that word reached him of an expedition to Kavdek. he needed money, and as sailing was one of his only true passions, he quickly asked to board the Rogue Wave...
and he found on that dreaded island horrors beyond imagining. with his own eyes, he witnessed what a wound in the very earth looked like. that image shook his very soul, and he was forever changed from that point on.
he decided to return home...

and he returned to a home in ruins. he could not hope to learn who had sacked the once-great Castle Sylvain, who had burned the houses with men, women, and children still within them, or who had taken all the riches of the house, the armor from the Chevalliers, the silverware and tapestries,
but they had done so. and nothing was left for Viktor, save a few treasures. he took those with him, dragging them back into the wilderness...

thus he lived, and prepared a sacrifice to the one last passion he held, the last piece of his old life, the being so horribly ruined that the image of her wound had seared into his mind forevermore.
vik faceless.png
Inspiration: really rich people, Victor Frankenstein, gothic horror in general

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Inventory:
Armor: none

Weapons: a dagger, ornate yet pathetically impractical. nonetheless, it does have a groove specially designed for injecting the poor stab victim with deadly poison, so its not total junk

also carries Morna's old dagger, which is significantly more practical.

Misc: money pouch, navigation tools

Skills:
math- actually very good. it was one of his favorite subjects
horse riding- no.
sailing- good. he's read sufficiently on the subject, and has experience from the Kavdek expedition
archery- fairly good. its a wonder he doesn't use it more often.
architecture- another one of his favorite subjects
sweet talking- oh yes
swordfighting- flunked
anything artistic- gods, no
manual labor- nope
alchemy- nothing except for "what plants kill you"
religion- hopelessly minor
courtly ettiquette- very good of course

Goal Status:

Learn Mok'yra- aaaany day now...
Learn Verba-
Heal Shoreless Gulf-
Learn of Kavdek and the Nakam-

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Current Status: House-Husband

Images of Viktor:
74465.png
*google images kpop stars* yes this is the face I want him to have
thats approximately what he'd look like irl. add a beard we're all set

im done.png
see there we go

Anime Sylvain.png
that dang anime avatar thing will ruin everyone's lives I s2g
if Viktor was in the animes, his hair would not fall in front of his face. thats the lesson we need to learn here.

he dun it nao potter.png
ViktorxRobert OTP
look at the yaois. savor them.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
House Sylvain
House Sylvain.png
ruled over Carpaccia, a land far to the south, in the midst of the wild Sorrowlands. the general geography is of deep forests, punctuated by rolling hills and steep cliffs. the sunset is beautiful there, and the gothic-style castle was even more so.

the royal symbol of House Sylvain is a fox, black as midnight.

the kingdom was infamous in the Sorrows for their fine spirits, extravagant nobility, and draconian laws.

the head of the house was Drakyuul Sylvain, who had taken no wife, instead adopting four orphaned youths, who were for the most part, grateful to have a home.

the eldest is Viktor Sylvain (born Viktor Stein), rescued from a terrible house fire that unfortunately killed both his parents. when he was 8 years old, Viktor was given to House Senatoor as a ward. there he learned mathematics, sailing, architecture, a touch of archery, and quite a few of the dark secrets of the noble house. at 12, he returned to Carpaccia, and seemed very happy to be back home...

the middle children are Elizabeth and William Sylvain (born Elizabeth and William Lavenza), twins who were found by Chevalliers patrolling the wilds. the two had managed to survive an undead attack, and when the Chevalliers reached them, they were starving, tired, and surrounded by corpses. Drakyuul took special notice on them, and they received special training in combat and strategy. at 15 years of age, Elizabeth and William were appointed as apprentices to the captain of the guard.

the youngest is Justine Sylvain. she came to the Sylvain Manor but a few years before Viktor's departure. the moor elven child seemed about 7 years old, and was deathly ill. she was quickly taken in and slowly nursed back to health. she preferred not to talk to her other siblings, and was often alone in her room, writing stories and drawing pictures...

"Chevallier" is the name given to the knights of Carpaccia. they followed a strict code of conduct, and swore undying loyalty to the might of House Sylvain. they were known in the sorrows for being strict, unyielding, and silver-tongued.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Addressing the source of the the evil, I find that the most truly evil people are driven by very radical beliefs they believe will serve a whole in the long run. As an example, killing all of the human race as to repopulate it with a 'master' race that will not make the same mistakes. That's evil, but it's not really driven in self interest, they're acting on what they think will be the best for everyone in the long run. They think they are qualified to make the decisions for everyone, and that their ideas are the only relevant ones.

At least, that's one kind of evil, maybe the evil Bond Villains have though.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
he's not a joke character.
the premise is definitely comedic, and I wanted to make a comedic villain with a taste for the finer things in life.

honestly, I just got really tired from doing these really big roleplays all the time, and wanted to make a "fun" character to play.

he's not really being evil for the sake of it, though he thinks he is. in reality, he's chosen this life as a way to escape responsibility, find meaning in a world where he feels useless and secondary, be powerful and feared, if not beloved,
and finally, because he's bored with his comfortable life.

I was honestly going to pin his alignment as true neutral for a second there, because (maybe i should add this in his personality), he actually has a hard time finding genuinely evil things to do. usually, he just ends up kicking a dog or insulting someone out of frustration, because he honestly can't think of anything else.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
You know he's going to get immediately lynched for being really, really, spectacularly obvious :p
I predict he will instead be laughed at or beaten up for being a foolish teenager, as well as a huge nerd.

I mean, if this kid said he was going to assassinate the king and rule the world, would you take him seriously?

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
The thing is... People won't laugh cause they will take you serious after reading this thread, cause they will think "My character would know this cause he is smart and he can figure out people.". They won't do it on purpose, but they will do it subconsciously. I have done it myself and I think if an evil character would be made. it would be without profile or any given hints that he is evil

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Despite what I said before I still support more villains and have thought about making one myself. I will gladly do anything in my service to help and maybe even make a cool sidekick? :D

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
BACKSTORY:
he's an orphan assassin.
I'm joking.
Viktor Sylvais was actually the adopted son of a pathetically powerful nobleman, who took him in after his parents died of a "tragic accident." he got sick of the noble life and all it's... politeness. he figured that being openly evil was a far more rewarding course of life, so he decided to... take up a few hobbies.
after a few years of loud parties full of debauchery, scheming, and the occasional murder, he was contacted by an assassination guild. the job was simple: poison his own father's drink.
he was more than happy to do so.

... I suppose that means he technically is an orphan assassin. er, oops.
Did he just say what I think he said *eye twitch*

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I predict he will instead be laughed at or beaten up for being a foolish teenager, as well as a huge nerd.

I mean, if this kid said he was going to assassinate the king and rule the world, would you take him seriously?
.....yes...... I mean I have a char that makes threats like that and is a teenager and he carries his word out, or attempts to rather.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
The thing is... People won't laugh cause they will take you serious after reading this thread, cause they will think "My character would know this cause he is smart and he can figure out people.". They won't do it on purpose, but they will do it subconsciously. I have done it myself and I think if an evil character would be made. it would be without profile or any given hints that he is evil
You know my character, he hunts evil people . I oocly knew Darko was the biggest criminal out there but It took me irl months to ICly find out :)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
wow.

WOW OK.

thanks @Hogo-Sha Kitsune for giving me the courage to face this crowd.

so thats, uh...

a vote for halfling.

and a vote for being lord of Golden Bay...
which I would like explained...

Did he just say what I think he said *eye twitch*
I could not resist. I really couldn't.

The thing is... People won't laugh cause they will take you serious after reading this thread, cause they will think "My character would know this cause he is smart and he can figure out people."
"oh yeah have you heard about the Viktor guy?"
"the one who keeps talking about taking over the world one day?"
"yeah, him. think he'll actually do it?"
"are you kidding? he can't even swing a sword"
"oh yeah..."

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
and a vote for being lord of Golden Bay...
which I would like explained...

I could not resist. I really couldn't.
By this I mean that Golden Bay will have a court of Lords and Lady's, if you would be lucky to be picked to be one we'll have a mean/evil/darl lord (not magical etc. dark lord but you get what I mean)
Because Golden Bay will be a city ruled by a council instead of a king or a queen, having a court of lords and lady's would be usefull/power show-off