Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Voyager316) - application [Approved - Mairin]

Voyager316

Loyal Servant of Altera
About you

1) What is your Minecraft username?

Voyager316

2) How old are you?

20 years old

3) Where are you?

Upstate New York, USA

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes. The plugins and such for the economy, noble system, etc. don't seem too confusing. I have no plans of grandeur or large estate holding, but it's nice to understand the system. Love the drawings for the races.

5) Introduce yourself! (Minimum of 5 sentences please!)

I am a college student looking to play some Minecraft. I have been playing since alpha (though only classic until beta). Done roleplaying on several MMOs and, as of a year or so, started in Minecraft. I am looking for a nice, rp server to settle down and start a proper farm. Peace and quiet, away from all the politics. That being said, after some time I may seek to intermingle myself with the powers that be.

As for my contribution to the server, you can be sure that even the smallest structures will have thought and depth. I tend to specialize in smaller structures and shy awhile for grand projects. However, my work is never rushed and instilled with thought, creativity, and several days of planning in single player-creative.

6) Got any examples of your work?

2013-07-15_00.45.53.png

Here's a link to some work I did for a previous rp server for the "upper-class/elven" section of an elven-human-dwarven city.

And here's another link to a small collection of structures.

I have some more structures, but not all were built or finished in creative. I'll see if I can get onto my last server (currently still at 1.5.2) to get some screenshots of more buildings and these structures in natural locations (instead of just on flat ground).

----
About your character

Name: Edheladan (Ed, informally and usually by humans)

Race: Half Elven, Half Human (Identified as elf in profile settings)

Appearance:

OjdDlk9QmqY.jpg

Here's a link to the planetminecraft page I got the skin from. I have no intention of playing as a pirate but the blonde hair, youthful stance, and facial hair make a great mix of elvish and human, in my opinion. Ears are covered by hair so that covers that issues. Outfit is very reflecting of personality, not occupation ... so that let's me leave things pretty open for me to change things in the future.

The test

"Sunlight struck Edheladan's eyes through the leaves. The night was gone and the sound of moaning a distant memory. Laying in the treetops, Ed rolled over to check that his bow still hung from the branch. He packed up his bed roll and climbed down the tree, observing the silent forest. The way was clear ... for now. The sight of empty, rolling hills filled him with woe. Oh how his feet wished he had traded for a saddle. His stomach ached and the next town was far beyond the plains. Suddenly a chicken walked up to him, staring blankly. With a smile, Ed raised his bow. But prudence would save the animal's life this day. Another chicken and her little chick followed close behind. A heavy heart lead to a heavier arm. 'One day we will be of the same, my friend. Off with you, and may your day be filled with heart.' Realizing he was speaking to a being of no thought, he quickly continued his journey ... cherishing his current solitude.

The heat from the sun was only outmatched by the groans of his stomach. Steadily traversing the sea of green, Ed's only consolation was the sound of sheep beyond the next hill. 'Where there are sheep, others will follow', he thought to himself. Unfortunately, it was not the case. Blades of grass were replaced by patches of dirt. The white wool, comforting to the eye but not to his belly. He would never harm a sheep, even in desperation. 'Oh how Jax laughs. I was blessed with three and here I have none. Who am I to have rejected a gift from Shalherana?'

Climbing the last hill, Edheladan was greeted by the harsh light reflected by sand. It stretched beyond his sight, dotted by trees of pain. The sun was directly above him, mocking his attempt to cover his eyes. He traveled across the hot sand, his feet crying for mercy. He looked to the sky and yelled, 'A horse! I would give a kingdom for a horse!' To his amazement, his cry was heard by the pinkest of creatures. Out from behind a sand dune, a pig strolled over. Quickly joining his knee to his chest, Ed raised his bow and stretched the string. 'Oh Theodra. Steady my arm and make swift my arrow for I am lowly and yearn for sustenance.' He inhaled and steadied his breathe. The animal was his, the death was of his doing. He collected what little meat a pig wandering the desert would have. From his pouch, he pulled out dirt and seeds. Upon where the beast was slain his fitted the dirt into the sand and planted the seeds. He used the remains of the animal to secure the dirt and provide water for the plants. 'Through death, may you bring life. Through life, may you be whole.' He stood and looked down at his work. 'The desert does not breed life alone. You will truly be a child of the gods.'

Within a cave covered by the sand, shelter was found. Forging a small furnace with timber in the rocks, Edheladan cooked the meat. It was not enough to restore his hunger, but it would prolong the loss of strength. Savoring each bite, he thanked the gods for their gift of nourishment before continuing into the desert. The sand began to mix with dirt and grass. A forest stood guard over the land, sheltering its inhabitants. The sun had fallen and the creatures of night would return. Finding a tree not unlike the night before, Ed took residence and hung his bow."

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
Would you kindly add in the questions? They're are needed, even though we seen them plenty of times. It makes it easier to know what's what.

The "The Test" part needs more! 400-1000 words, I think it was. Give a scenario where your character really has to think, not a fighting one, but where he's stuck, and have to think to get out. The scenario just needs to show what would he do, and why he does so.

Other than that, great application! To summarize all, add the questions, and add to your story.

-Deathmoron

Voyager316

Loyal Servant of Altera
Updated questions and finished The Test. Was a bit late to be starting an application last night and decided to cut off and finish in the morning. Unsure of whether fortunate or unfortunate, I greatly underestimated your response times.

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Very nicely done! Way to incorporate the lore you've learned!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack
Role-Play training camp
The Players' Handbook
The Role-Play Character Assistance Team(RP-CAT)

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.