Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wanted: a Loving(?) Brother

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Just a warning - anyone who plays Loup will absolutely be murdered if caught in Golden Bay.
Regarding that topic. Who OOCly and ICly owns Golden Bay right now? Last I checked, the previous owner gave it over to Sheila Cor, and I have nooo idea who the OOC owner is. By virtue of this being both a IC and OOC matter, both owners, if they are separate people, should have to agree on a course of action deciding Loup's wanted status. Also, due to the nature of the notice you've warned me not to make public, I /will/ have to make it public if you wish to use it's contents as a reason to murder the character. It'd be unfair to people who want to play the character to not know why they're wanted by your characters.

So, if you have approval from both owners towards this, (You can ignore the IC owner if you only intend to use your characters, and not Golden Bay as a whole to kill Loup), and still want to go through with killing Loup on sight i'l go ahead and post a copy of the notice on this thread, probably a IC copy to.

I completely apologize for this blunder @Gaby I completely forgot about this issue from months prior, and how much it affects Loup when it comes to his home city.

Edit:
I would like it if this entire matter was simply swept under the rug and thus allow the player who wishes to play as Loup continue on with helping to rebuild Golden Bay as a town, so both Loup and the town can get a fresh start. Right now it's horribly low on population, and it's being divided by a one man army of a ruler, and the meager /three/ heirs to the throne. Which has prevented any thing interesting happening in it for a long time.

I don't want to start anything so i'l remove this if you want, but I personally think the animosity between the characters should be moved past in some way, so the town can flourish again, rather than suffer the inactivity it has been going through. It's a beautiful, and absolutely wonderful town, but it needs people willing to work hard towards reviving it, and it seems those people just can't do so, with it being held under a IC usurper...

If I am incorrect in saying it's inactive, or needs change, I severely apologize, but I just want the best for the Caedit family and the town, which is why I chose to let someone play Loup, rather than killing him off. I hope you understand.

*re-rails self*

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Guys, chill the hell out.

you want to discuss this Loup nonsense? Forum convo with me.
we don't want to scare off new players, fa crying out loud!

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Well, @OneRedBlock and I are OOC owners, and currently Peter is IC'ly on the throne, and I wouldn't expect otherwise since neither Serella nor Sheila have done anything to change this soo . . .

Ohh, and Serella doesn't have a claim to the town, but that's not my problem.~

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Well, @OneRedBlock and I are OOC owners, and currently Peter is IC'ly on the throne, and I wouldn't expect otherwise since neither Serella nor Sheila have done anything to change this soo . . .

Ohh, and Serella doesn't have a claim to the town, but that's not my problem.~
Alright, I guess i'l just leave the explanation about this wanted stuff below. Thanks for the information though, I really have no way to know any of this stuff so I appreciate it.

Here's a explanation of this situation:

Loup is wanted within Golden Bay due to a wanted poster created by Peter Hallon and the now deceased Azoth Caedit. This wanted poster also discusses Serella Caedit's capture, while Loup Caedit is put out as a traitor to Caedit, and that he is no longer to be considered a noble or citizen of Golden Bay. The motive and reason for this wanted poster's existence is to try and remove Loup as the heir to Caedit's throne, so Azoth and Peter could control it themselves.

I was strictly warned that the moment this wanted poster went public (as it now has), Loup would consent to death in every region on server and be nearly instantly killed. Thus while that is not allowed, I believe this means that from the moment anyone plays this character and starts Role-Play, they will instantly be hunted down, found, and attacked no matter where they are by the owners of Golden Bay and whoever they've recruited to aid him. I can't say this is by any stretch of the imagination fair for someone trying to play Loup as a fresh start. Not to mention this completely destroys the intention I had for letting Gaby pick someone to play Loup, which was to help the currently inactive Golden Bay and Caedit family flourish again. I again suggest this whole debacle be forgotten so someone can start playing Loup Caedit with a fresh start, but if not, I highly doubt anyone will want to play a character who is in the center of a violent drama storm, both in and out of character.

I again apologize for this issue and these huge, unfair, and hostile conditions attached to playing Loup as a character, I had completely forgotten about this whole thing a while back, and thought that with Azoth perma-dead, perhaps it could be time for Loup to return with a fresh start as a legitimate character and noble. Unfortunately, this is not so, so I would highly advice you either figure a way around this, or more likely, delete this thread @Gaby.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
"This is Gaby. I asked pat to post this in my stead.
While I am currently in a situation where I can't access the forums (restricted wi-fi), this needs to be said quickly before anything else happens. Tomato had made a few incorrect accusations that I want to correct now.

Serella Caedit was legitimately named Duchess of Golden Bay. Her status as such is recognized by multiple Lavoyard nobles. This is as legitimate a claim as anyone is going to get regarding that town. Note, while Serella is duchess, Sheila Cor is named as owner(mayor?) of Golden Bay. We are ICly co-administrators of the town. This has been confirmed for months now. @bettemus

Furthermore, Serella Caedit has devoted a great deal of time to taking back the town. She'd planned an ambush strategy in the city, gone to Valerie Beaumont and Tybalt Rhett for aid, and received aid in her endeavors, from both Lavoyard and Marr. @Tybalt @BrianAT16

Valerie explicitly stated she would send a small detachment to ensure the city went to its rightful owners. Tybalt expressed his support in Serella's cause.

There's only one reason a confrontation with Peter has not occurred: he's never online.
There have been multiple attempts to present the will to him or otherwise confront him, but such has failed due to him being offline. I once attempted to organize an event to take back the town, but when I suggested letting people participate as a "peasant revolt," the whole thing was immediately shot down, as Peter decided such was too unrealistic.

The wanted poster for Loup Caedit is soon to be rendered null and void, if it hasn't already due to /never being posted publicly/! The fact that Patrick was borderline threatened against exposing an IC public notice should definitely be raising some red flags.

When I get home, I'll write up an event thread, and this will be settled cleanly.

I have heard Peter is not currently in Golden Bay ICly, and left somewhere else to avoid a bounty on his head. If that is the case, then I believe there is nothing stopping me and bette from walking in and taking control with no problem, and this entire drama is ultimately irrelevant.

Anyone interested in playing Loup, don't worry about this drama involving an outdated arrest order, never made public, that is soon to be completely invalidated anyways.

On a final note, I highly disapprove of the general air of "if you play Loup, he's permadying in two seconds." That is a gross violation of Player Rights, and I would like you all to stop this nonsense right now.

Thats all I have to say. Any arguments will go into the forum convo."

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I am currently IC in Golden Bay. Might makes right, and any attempt to usurp Peter's control will be met with resistance in the shape of a warhammer to the skull. However, I have no intent and never have had the intent to hunt Loup down, and I do not know where these rumors come from. I only said he would be killed in Golden Bay.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I am currently IC in Golden Bay. Might makes right, and any attempt to usurp Peter's control will be met with resistance in the shape of a warhammer to the skull. However, I have no intent and never have had the intent to hunt Loup down, and I do not know where these rumors come from. I only said he would be killed in Golden Bay.
Oi now, no reason to disagree with his post. Arpee is Arpee. So go disagree about it IC

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Would you like me to bring up the logs where this "rumor" came from?

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Oi now, no reason to disagree with his post. Arpee is Arpee. So go disagree about it IC
I disagree with his use of "might makes right" to justify his singular character holding an entire town hostage against several people and houses, not to mention his use of it when this is also OOC issue, where "might makes right" should not apply.

Gregor

Lord of Altera
. . . He sits ICly on the throne, its -his- town.
And aside of that, he is the only one still living in that town.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
. . . He sits ICly on the throne, its -his- town.
And aside of that, he is the only one still living in that town.
I'd request you read the post where I quote gaby. Unless you mean physically sitting in a big chair in golden bay, cause i'l just log in when Peter's busy and sit in his throne then tell him to get out. That would solve things wouldn't it?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I disagree with his use of "might makes right" to justify his singular character holding an entire town hostage against several people and houses, not to mention his use of it when this is also OOC issue, where "might makes right" should not apply.
Then go, take it.

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
Then go, take it.
I'd have to cancel this thread and play loup then, which would just be a slap in the face to anyone who wanted to play him. Had I remembered this before I gave him to Gaby, i'd have walked in there with some body guards and threw him out as soon as I could.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I'd have to cancel this thread and play loup then, which would just be a slap in the face to anyone who wanted to play him. Had I remembered this before I gave him to Gaby, i'd have walked in there with some body guards and threw him out as soon as I could.
Aye. I'm just saying if that yea want something done go get it done. Peter is a cool guy and I don't imagine he won't consent, nor show mercy.

Fun things about to happens me thinks. Lets not ruin it with OOC yis?

Gaby

Lord of Altera
hey I'm back and in person. hello everybody. yes, I totally told Patrick to write that on this thread. anyways,

Tybalt, my problem with his post is he doesn't roleplay, his whole "might makes right" is completely ridiculous when he has no backing except himself, and I'm incredibly frustrated that the only way I haven't been able to just "go, take it" is because he's offline.

please go back and read the post.