Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

War Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Well... Imagine this a knight or Lord goes on a hunting trip for several days, when hé then returns his castle is under siege. Thus causing him to be unable to get to his armoury in Said castle, which means he is unable to get his armour and weapons. This is unfair yes, but I highly doubt that the attackers would let him into his castle, just so that they Can have a fair duel.
Fair point.

The fairest fighting I've seen so far was at the Heaven's Reach arena, where everybody was using sticks and no armor/potions/golden apples.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Lemme summarise this the best I can:

There's no way to make a game fair without making it unfair. While some rules would be fair to newer players it'd make it unfair to older players it'd just end out stupid. Enchanted armour was allowed because it's useless otherwise, what are we gonna use it on, to fight the bandits? To wars that wont happen?

Also, there were enderpearls used during the battle, by both teams. I've decided to let this slide this time because I had changed the rules of the enderpearls only a day before. That's definitely too short of a time to make an update. And yes, I did tell them multiple times they couldn't use them, considering there were roughly 30+ enderpearls on the field and only around 4 were used, everything went incredibly well.

Alchemists used splash potions and invisibility potions were no where to be seen. I expected to see players hiding and camping to make the other team lose by default (resources drained) or somehow hiding under the dirt >>

So yeah, despite the few pearls, I am proud of the players for not cheating and playing fairly :p

Angryboy

This pointless crap is going nowhere, this part of the event is over, maybe people will listen in the next one. Nothing can be done about this one just gone. Instead of complaining about the rules, adapt and make sure you are as well armed as the enemy.

If one army has trained fighters with swords and the opponent had inexperienced fighters with heavy machine guns who would win?
We WERE well armed. Stocked up on some of the best potions you can get, diamond armor (Aside from Alchemists) and diamond swords.
The only thing we didn't have was the golden apples that provided Lonmar with what was basically immunity to everything thrown at them.

Anyways, the concept of a battle where both sides had the same gear was so that we didn't have people walking in with illegal equipment or god-armor. I only brought up equipment-balance because Lonmar was stocked up on an insane number of golden apples.

Spark

Broken
angryboy2k12 said:
We WERE well armed. Stocked up on some of the best potions you can get, diamond armor (Aside from Alchemists) and diamond swords.
The only thing we didn't have was the golden apples that provided Lonmar with what was basically immunity to everything thrown at them.

Anyways, the concept of a battle where both sides had the same gear was so that we didn't have people walking in with illegal equipment or god-armor. I only brought up equipment-balance because Lonmar was stocked up on an insane number of golden apples.
Actually only a few people had them, 29 in total, I know because I made the bloody things, basically you are annoyed because you failed to do the research that I did and testing that went into our equipment.

All the things Sally said.

Angryboy

As Warkell has said, all problems are to be ironed out for the next battle.
Hence why I'm suggesting possible rules such as both sides have the same gear.

Lemme summarise this the best I can:

There's no way to make a game fair without making it unfair. While some rules would be fair to newer players it'd make it unfair to older players it'd just end out stupid. Enchanted armour was allowed because it's useless otherwise, what are we gonna use it on, to fight the bandits? To wars that wont happen?

Also, there were enderpearls used during the battle, by both teams. I've decided to let this slide this time because I had changed the rules of the enderpearls only a day before. That's definitely too short of a time to make an update. And yes, I did tell them multiple times they couldn't use them, considering there were roughly 30+ enderpearls on the field and only around 4 were used, everything went incredibly well.

Alchemists used splash potions and invisibility potions were no where to be seen. I expected to see players hiding and camping to make the other team lose by default (resources drained) or somehow hiding under the dirt >>

So yeah, despite the few pearls, I am proud of the players for not cheating and playing fairly :p
Both sides stayed within the rules (Except for the Pearls of course). Just saying we need to design a scenario where people won't have the chance to break that rule again.

Anyways it's half 1 in the morning... I'm tired. Night guys.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I, personally, as a single individual, prepared to give myself almost three hours of continuous golden apple buff before even considering signing up. I figured even that might've been a little low.

In my honest personal opinion, there is absolutely nothing you could really do that's not doable by someone else. Acquiring /anything/ is of almost zero difficulty in Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.