Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warclaim - The First Subjugation

SKiddles

I think I might like it here
The First Subjugation

The air was cold, as always, a chilly breeze blew up from the frozen river and winded around the large pines of the forest, making a whistling and screeching sound as it bit whatever skin revealed to the elements. Dusk was settling, and the sun was creeping below the western mountains, rays of light shooting around the evergreen trees and bathing the snow-coated ground in a ray of shimmering gold. The walls before them were silent and still, the biting wind the only sentry patrolling its decrepit ramparts. Few men called quietly from their concealed positions, and no more than five men emerged from the brush and behind trees, all backtracing away from those silent walls who looked well into their ruin. The walls’ sentry would take its last whip around the crumbled hoardings tonight.

The five men came together at a camp several miles from the forest. It was well into the night as they returned, and the perimeter sentries permitted them entry immediately. Three of them departed for simple tents, while the remaining two headed for the command tent, a circular pavilion with a flag of a shield, sun and eagle as its marking. The flap opened and a gust of cold air flew into the pavilion with the two, followed by the grunt of their commander,

“Mng. Wot did ye find?”

“Still abandoned. No sign of life so far.”

“Mmm… good, then. Send a few more men to watch it frew the night, an’ to report back should they see anyfing.”

“Aye, sir. Anything else?”

“Aye… Find out wot ‘appened to the slave wiff my wine, an’ see to it that a messenger is sent to the Patrikios. We’ll be attackin’ soon.”

“Aye, sir.”

The two snapped their heels together, clenched their fists and pounded them hard into their chests, extending it outward into a salute. The commander waved them off, more concerned with the growing hairs around his chin and face and mumbling some curses about the cold. The two scouts gave a nod of farewell to each other and then departed, heading off to fetch the new watchmen. The camp would be bustling with confidence tomorrow, and the silence the few men enjoyed tonight would be replaced with the packing and preparing of a force outfitting for battle.

Warclaim Location:

X: 2492
Z: 4913

Warclaim Time: Tentative Date - 11/15/13

Combatants: The Latinikon Company VS. The Inhabitants of the Fort

Notes: The fort that we have come across seems to be abandoned, with no region or owner to its name. Now, although this may mean that no one in fact lives here, the state of the area would imply at least some forms of life inhabit this abandoned complex. It is with this reason that we request a type of mini-event be granted to the Latinikon in the attack on this fort. A simple few barbarians(leather armor, inferior weapons and other things typically classified as “Barbaric”) who occasionally stay in this complex whilst returning from their roam of the frozen north. If this request cannot be approved, and a little bit of flavor added to the otherwise empty warclaim, then all is well and we will proceed with the “battle” on our own time, and simply request the transfer(or creation) of regioning.

I’d also like to state that this is the first Warclaim the Latinikon is conducting, and because of the questionable nature of any owners of the area, this Warclaim can be viewed as speculative and hardly even considered a proper Warclaim at all. Nonetheless, I feel it should be posted for the sake of roleplay and as a way of contacting whoever may still claim residency in his fort.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
This is very unusual and interesting... Obviously you need to talk to the owner of the ruin, if any can be found.

I'll happily play as an RP bandit, if this is approved :D

Last edited:

ACU20

Legend of Altera
I think both. But i think it is quite strange that you can claim a fort like that, time to investumgbutate. And for me it looks like it's under construction so i think admins should look into this, other wise i'd done the same. Find an inactive castle and take it over with my seven friends. And it does appear that most of your company already has superior skills to many, and who's to say that "barbarians" only wear leather armor anyways? The gauls wore chainmail wielded proper swords had special infantry, this is not fair.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Sounds quite interesting indeed, however I think a few things should be noted.

It sounds like you want to bring glory to your group, however, this would be much better gained if the inhabitants had a fighting chance. Barbarians don't just have to fit a certain profile, as is evidenced by the Engems, who are often branded as barbarians. Making it so the Barbarians have a chance of keeping hold of this castle is a good idea, allowing you lot to come back in a little while ( Better equipped, too! ) and try again!

Secondly, it should be noted that a place gained in RP should be gained through RP. PvP would end quickly and would only be half as fun.

Thirdly, you guys are quite new to the server, and therefore are starting characters. Think of it like when you start a new single player RPG, or even an MMORPG. You start off as level one, with poor gear. You work your way up to the stages that, at level one, you looked to with awe. Chances are, you don't have lovely plate armor and shiny swords, and may be as poorly equipped as these barbarians.

On the other hand, I wish you all the best of luck with this and future RP's, and if you need one, I'll play a barbarian for you!

-K9

ACU20

Legend of Altera

It sounds like you want to bring glory to your group, however, this would be much better gained if the inhabitants had a fighting chance. Barbarians don't just have to fit a certain profile, as is evidenced by the Engems, who are often branded as barbarians. Making it so the Barbarians have a chance of keeping hold of this castle is a good idea, allowing you lot to come back in a little while ( Better equipped, too! ) and try again!

Secondly, it should be noted that a place gained in RP should be gained through RP. PvP would end quickly and would only be half as fun.

Thirdly, you guys are quite new to the server, and therefore are starting characters. Think of it like when you start a new single player RPG, or even an MMORPG. You start off as level one, with poor gear. You work your way up to the stages that, at level one, you looked to with awe. Chances are, you don't have lovely plate armor and shiny swords, and may be as poorly equipped as these barbarians.

On the other hand, I wish you all the best of luck with this and future RP's, and if you need one, I'll play a barbarian for you!

-K9
My point exactely but not as well constructed. But the oh so great macedonians where also considered barbarians, look what they did.

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I'll play barbarian on my alt, but I would want the fight to be fair, bandits would at least have some iron armor around (not full iron plate, but bits and pieces robbed from dead soldiers).

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Acutally, I went there to have a look, and this region is abandonned.
Nobody lives there anymore, and to me it looks like someone started a region, built a castle, then left the server without even finishing it.

I see no reason that would prevent you from claiming that castle, through RP of course, as long as there will be some people there to defend it, to at least make it looks like a real claiming ^^

It has to be confirmed with @SallyRose and @Michcat , but claiming ruined and not inhabited areas seems okay to me. (as long as it make sense in RP of course ! :D )

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
It has to be confirmed with SallyRose and Michcat , but claiming ruined and not inhabited areas seems okay to me. (as long as it make sense in RP of course ! :D )
I know that current cities have their whole "region of influence" stuff, preventing other builds nearby, I think that ONLY applies to the regions though, not to ACTUAL buildings there.

Plus, like you said, if nobody is there then there is no reason not to.

Angryboy

-K9
I'll play barbarian on my alt, but I would want the fight to be fair, bandits would at least have some iron armor around (not full iron plate, but bits and pieces robbed from dead soldiers).
Judging from what I've seen of the Company, they are well equip to begin with. Also, surely an intro like this would suggest they are quite well organized already, right?
K9, they may have just as bad equipment but (again) they are going to be well-organized compared to these bandits, from the sounds of it.
A little rule of war; even if you are at a disadvantage, a better tactician can almost always pull some kind of victory.
Good luck to you guys; I'll be glad to fight as a bandit if its an RP-fight. PVP wise? No, I'm bad at that stuff.

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
K9, they may have just as bad equipment but (again) they are going to be well-organized compared to these bandits, from the sounds of it.
A little rule of war; even if you are at a disadvantage, a better tactician can almost always pull some kind of victory.
Oh, I agree completely. I'm just trying to level the playing field, having been seen people being told several times that they should earn their RP items.

The idea I had in mind is that they did indeed win, but they fought for it and not just swept through the bandits Hollywood style. (Hollowwood style? :p)

-K9

Angryboy

Oh, I agree completely. I'm just trying to level the playing field, having been seen people being told several times that they should earn their RP items.

The idea I had in mind is that they did indeed win, but they fought for it and not just swept through the bandits Hollywood style. (Hollowwood style? :p)

-K9
Good point, actually. Perhaps they can start off with some basic steel swords and leather armour and such (in RP) and then gain more useful weapons/armour (greatswords and plate-armour?) from the abandoned Keep?

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Good point, actually. Perhaps they can start off with some basic steel swords and leather armour and such (in RP) and then gain more useful weapons/armour (greatswords and plate-armour?) from the abandoned Keep?
Or they could ask for gear from Ulfberht *cough-cough*shameless self promotion*coughcough* :)P)

Even if it was as much as overwhelming the first few to equip the remainder of the group and then sweep through the rest, it'd make for more fair and more logical RP.

-K9

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
there are a lot of builds that were put into the world before it was released unless this is a player build

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
there are a lot of builds that were put into the world before it was released unless this is a player build
No, it's definitely player built, and it have been ransacked probably by its previous owner before leaving, there are missing blocks at places it's obvious there was something valuable before there...

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
No, it's definitely player built, and it have been ransacked probably by its previous owner before leaving, there are missing blocks at places it's obvious there was something valuable before there...
just got there

TgTemplar

Lord of Altera
OOC bit:
Our gearing has been obtained through external means. For obvious reasons, the vendor or source will remain incognito. | New or no, we maintain training and furthermore, where skill fails, brute force and numbers prevail. Not to mention this is an RP server over an RPG. RPG, you take an arrow to the back of the head, well-placed or no, entity takes pre-determined damage. RP, it's fatal, regardless of it's archer.

IC Bit:

A long strand of snot hangs before Kadder's face, barely from the surface of beard and mustache. He leans in, eyeing the area for some form of brief motion, being natural or non, and to his great displeasure, absolutely nothing occurs for an extended period of time. Muttering, he repositions himself against a tree's trunk, hand wiping the bits of mucus from his face. "This 'ad be'er be worth it. I'd much rather be workin' in workshop than starin' at this- Stone ARSE in the middle o' nowhere..."

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
I will check it out later to be sure, but could it be that the owner of that region is Walter_Rolfe, a member of my house?