Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What Song Do You Have On Repeat?

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Ok music sharing time

Found this song through my music club this week. Love it, exploring this artists discography now. I listened to the album it’s from - in one way it kind of sounds like she’s writing the same 2-3 songs in 10 different ways. But I need to give the album more time, cause even if some of tracks cover the same subject material, they’re all very nice sonically. Fragile has a really nice vibe, the bossa nova rhythm is dope. I’ve begun learning to play this song also, it has a really cool trick where it uses an inversion to vary the bassline without changing the chord. That one technique just changes the whole vibe of the chord progression.

Completely different note - been highly anticipating this album from Peggy and Danny Brown. I’m a huge JPEGMAFIA fan and first heard his music through the music club last year (hazard duty pay). But I actually checked him out after I saw him as a guest with a twitch streamer I watch. his production is absolutely insane, the way he flips samples in crazy ways. I haven’t listened to Danny Brown before but this was a cool introduction to him. This particular song is one of my favorites from the album yesyes, it just has this crazy fucking instrumental which is has a nice synth groove which is complimented by the sample. Lot of cool arpeggios and plucks in the background too. Danny comes in first, Peggy’s verse is afterwards.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Back again

I haven’t listened to Mac Miller before, but obviously am very aware of him and his impact. But I decided to check out his album Swimming recently, and quite enjoyed it. It’s pretty laid back and very groovy. This is one of the more popular songs, but nevertheless it’s one of my favorites from the album.

Second song; Thug Tears from Veteran by JPEGMAFIA. Very raw song that sounds amazing in the car. I really like his delivery on this track and the drums/808 are so so good. I need to revisit the album

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good

My boys released their first single since 2014 and its giving me chills on every listen

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
sharing more musics

some pop smoke because of course. Revisited this mixtape this week, Meet The Woo, and it holds up really well imo. Short and sweet, almost an EP at less than 30 minutes of runtime.

and some westside gunn. I like his stuff, sounds very unique and the beats are always super laid back and chill. Some super cool sampling as well, no matter which album you listen to, it's filled with super interesting beats

haven't yet heard too much more from this artist. But I really really love this song. it's super short because it flows into the next song on the album. So it's probably meant as an interlude, but I really wish it was developed more into a complete song - it's such a cool idea. The way there's this really smooth bassline, drum beat, and clean guitar chords at first. Then the distorted guitar bits in the prechorus, which go into an explosive chorus where the vocal is distorted and playing over the distorted guitar and this scremy synth lead. very very cool song!!!!!!

There's some interesting production choices on how the song is put together, the instrumental follows the lyrics. the distorted guitar comes in on "I can be your gentle boy." The crazy chaotic chorus is talking about being caught up in a hurricane, and then the following verse is still chaotic musically, which is matched by him talking about being caught up in a "multicolored maze." just love the vibe it has

Hai_Paladin

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hai_Paladin
Hai_Paladin
Legend
Heard this song and it reminded me of Hollow World as well as peak Metallica. Most of this bands music is jazzy lmao.

This is jazz one

Also for weeb music even though this guy is from LA

Enjoy! Tot Archbishqp

Crusader_Of_Man

Lord of Altera
Legend
Crusader_of_Man
Crusader_of_Man
Legend

Those who know, know. It's reminding me though, that despite our hardship, we'll work out. I know we will.

It's not something you guys normally see from me, being touchy or feely, I suppose theirs some clarity in telling the people on HW, friends I've made here hit different. I feel like there are things I can tell you guys about parts of my life that I struggle telling other friends about. Thanks for sticking around.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

also this video keeps coming up on my youtube recommendations.
It is frustratingly amazing. Its been there for over a month now. No matter how many times I watch/listen to it, the video won't go away