Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Whitelist Application [Declined - Cukie1]

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

Blorbis83
2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
I have
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

Metagaming: Acting on OOC information about Roleplay that your character shouldn't or wouldn't know (i.e knowing someone is going to murder you and then trying to kill them, even if your character is completely oblivious to the aforementioned attacker)
Powergaming: Literally forcing an action on someone or something. For example, powergaming could include- killing someone/injuring someone without rolling or giving them a way out, doing impossible actions (falling and not dying/becoming hurt)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)
Never!
7. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
I am currently at my last year of highschool and I live in Chicago. I am also in my last year in the Boy Scouts Organization, and I may become an actual scout leader next year. Anything that involves history is my forte, as well as knowing useless things about the world.

I have a enormous interest and love for creative writing as well as rhetoric, especially for RP. In fact, I am writing a book on one of my old characters from a RP server I had gone on two or so years ago that was based on Ancient Rome. Not only this, but I use RP as a catalyst for writing lore about my characters.

I'm an avid outdoorsman; camping, hiking and anything in the wild is attractive to me. Being in the city means I get very few chances to actually experience any wilderness (save for the occasional coyote or racoon rummaging through the trash); another reason I joined the Scouts.

My family is incredibly well-traveled, having gone on trips to Rome, Peru, France and Spain throughout my life. I am part Peruvian, Irish, German and Chinese, and I can speak a bit of Spanish (not a lot).

That's about all I can think of within the span of a few minutes, but if you want to know more about me, feel free to ask :D

8. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

An excerpt from some lore I wrote a while ago:

"Each rider was like a fearsome wraith, their eyes soulless, black holes under a steel helmet. These men were not knights- who fought for panache and glory- no, the cataphracts fought to kill and break the hearts of every foe they met. They did not heed the warnings of their fellow infantry, who told of the flanking spears and halberds that opposed them."

"There was a great cry among the kataphractoi, falling upon the surprised corsairs with mace and sword. Spears and arrows did not seem to make purchase against the chain and scale armor, and when some cataphracts did fall from their slain horse; the fought just as viciously on foot. So fierce were these soldiers that when wounded or killed, they did not utter a cry or sound that would indicate any pain...."

9. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
BrownEyedGirl7

You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)

Antonides Hostilius Herennius (Yes, I know it's Latin, but there were plenty of Latin names going around in the Middle Ages, especially if you count the Byzantine general, Belisarius, or Taticius. Not only that; many Popes had Latin names as well- Pope Alexius and the like.)

Character Age:
(Simple enough!)
Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
Human
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

Antonides has parted black hair that goes into his face, as well as some messy (but handsome) scruff upon his chin and jaw. He has sharp, keen, and friendly blue eyes that can make it clear to you whether he considers you a friend or a foe. His skin is a healthy, fair color.

In times of peace, Antonides wears a simple, white, tunic with sandals- fitting for the blisteringly high desert temperatures from which his homeland provided.

In times of war, however, Antonides wears a steel barbute-style helmet with a purple plume. He adorns a simple chestplate of steel with an ever so slightly muscled appearance. Underneath all this is chainmail, with pteruges (strips of overhanging leather) on the waist.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Antonides came from a far continent, fleeing with his family, the Herenii. His family are refugees, desperately attempting to escape bounty hunters after an attempted political "revolution" in a city-state known as Iskron. This city was rife with corruption, forcing the commoners to work in what amounted to slavery as they mined their homeland's mountains for their master's profits. The profits went only to the "council's" pockets, and went no further. With this money, only booze and mercenaries were hired; hospitals were not build, poorhouses remained empty, and the people sat in squalor.

Antonides and his family attempted to change this by rousing the public, but were swiftly accused of revolt and chased away from the city. A few years passed, and they were found again by bounty hunters, and so, they escaped with only their lives and a few precious belongings.

(So, uh, I plan on submitting some culture lore that this family would be bringing with them. I'm not sure if that would be allowed, and if it is, where I could submit it for review. The culture would essentially be Byzantine in style, with some slightly ancient Roman themes, and the language would be a mix of Greek and Latin. I'm open to suggestions on how to make this work, because I know the middle ages were not in the realm of Roman-Greek culture, however, the Byzantines were technically the Eastern Empire, so perhaps I could submit something like that? Anyways, I hope this entire whitelist is acceptable to you. A few more of my friends will be playing as my family members IRP, so yeah :D )

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm looking this over now, give me a moment.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Alright, so first thing's first, the test is under the word limit. It's currently at 147/400 words.

We usually tend to avoid Eastern Influences, as it's not allowed on the server, though we do have some Middle Eastern influence. You can look into the Sooleran culture here for information on that. That's as far as Eastern Influence can get. If you have any doubts on it, I suggest speaking to Faelin as she is the Lore team leader and can tell you if the culture is lore friendly. Another note on the culture is that it's based on Ancient civilization. This would make it a bit troublesome given the current setting, but we do have a Greek-esque style town that you can look into here. As for creating your own language, speak to Faelin before you try to bring that in, as usually languages are made between already made cultures. We already had a Latin based language on the server that ended up evolving int Latin-French, so it would be more difficult to implement such a language again, but again, that's not my call.

As for the armor, you mentioned he has steel armor. I'll have to ask you to remove that, as we only allow very basic/worn/essentially barely usable armor as a starting armor. He cannot start with any steel or plate armor. I can allow you to start with a gambeson, but no actual steel.

As for the surname, I noticed it belonged to another recently added player. May I ask the relation to that character? The other character is Elven and I'd like to make sure that you understand that there is no actual race mixing. Example, Elven mother, Human father can only produce either a pure Elf (culturally seen as half elven, but not true half elf) or pure Human, as we do not have actual Half-Elves on the server and wish to clear that up if you intend to join as a group.

Once you clear up the above issues I'll recheck the application. Thank you for taking the time to apply~

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Alright, so after speaking with a few others, I'm going to have to decline until the above things are fixed. You are free to re-apply to the server.

"I'm sorry, but your application has failed to meet the criteria listed in the application template and has been declined. Please carefully read and follow all the instructions to pass the application test."

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
May I ask why you avoid Eastern influences in culture?

If you look into history, Medieval Spain was heavily influenced by Eastern culture after the Reconquista...I don't see the issue in avoiding it, especially since it is just a culture

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Our focus is purely on the European aspect of Medieval culture, as that was the chosen setting. We ask that everyone stays close to the setting.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hmm, well, perhaps after I've gotten everyone on this server and we've all settled down, could I submit something akin to Italian-Byzantine culture? I mean, both were technically European, and they're quite similar. I can run it along with the lore devs later on, but I'm eager to put some of my own lore from previous servers into this one, adapted to this server's lore, of course..

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Lore from previous server is not allowed to be brought over, unless it is cohesive to this lore. This is also a fantasy server, so real world influences cannot be truly literal. Please re-apply with the previous information fixed. If you wish for culture, you'll have to properly settle in with the means to back up the culture along with getting official approval of lore team.