Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Who Wants to Die

Gaby

Lord of Altera
this is like, an opportunity to kill off characters. yeah.
if you have a character that could be reasonably construed as "bad," and you're feeling a bit sick of having a "bad" character,

well, I have a serial killer that needs victims. so just like. post here saying you're down for dying, and we'll see what happens.

a note: I don't go into combat RP for competitive reasons, and I would presume that when we agree beforehand that a character is going to die, that the victim isn't going to actually /win/. of course, putting up a fight is all good and strong, but I don't want said fight to become an OOC argument.

also, I'm not that strongly inclined towards the "hyperrealistic split-second highly difficult" combat that most of this server seems to enjoy. its actually rather stressful for me. I just say this as precaution before something nasty happens OOC and I get myself upset.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
1v1 me scrub
you wear plate armor every single minute.
that's not only an indication that you take combat rp in a way that's very incompatible with how I take combat rp (no offense, mister),
but there's no bloody way my character would even dare to take on a guy in plate.

try again.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
I have no problem killing off my own characters, thank you though I will keep this in mind if any of them get too unruly.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I have no problem killing off my own characters, thank you though I will keep this in mind if any of them get too unruly.
babe, all I want is roleplay. that's all I need right now. someone to rp with. its getting boring.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Gaby, this does seem like
"You can fight me but I will win" which seems a bit powergamey
That is the literal point of the thread.

Don't apply if you're not going to die.

She clarified this like, straight away?

-K9

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
If a serial killer needs people to ask OOCly to be victims, are they really a killer? If you don't have people to kill, then the character shouldn't be a killer. He / she should give up to do whatever their other interests are. The majority of murderers have a motivation. They kill their enemies.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Loving the passive aggressive sarcasm. Probs didn't read it properly because i'm a raging dyslexic
If a serial killer needs people to ask OOCly to be victims, are they really a killer? If you don't have people to kill, then the character shouldn't be a killer. He / she should give up to do whatever their other interests are. The majority of murderers have a motivation. They kill their enemies.
If you are not interested in volunteering a character, why respond to the thread?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
If you are not interested in volunteering a character, why respond to the thread?
Because I think that the OP's request is dumb and I'm pointing out the flaws in their character and the thread.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Because I think that the OP's request is dumb and I'm pointing out the flaws in their character and the thread.
"Let us criticise my character", the title reads. Millions flock to the thread, ready to criticise OP.

Wait a second. We're getting reports that he thread was not for that, and is instead for people looking to engage in an unusual RP.

Can we all please re-rail?

Seeing as I only have two characters, I don't have any to be able to be killed off, sorry :(

-K9

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
"Let us criticise my character", the title reads. Millions flock to the thread, ready to criticise OP.

Wait a second. We're getting reports that he thread was not for that, and is instead for people looking to engage in an unusual RP.

Can we all please re-rail?

Seeing as I only have two characters, I don't have any to be able to be killed off, sorry :(

-K9
Your memes are 11/10.

I wasn't joking. Be serious. I don't think that this is how to correctly RP a serial killer.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Your memes are 11/10.

I wasn't joking. Be serious. I don't think that this is how to correctly RP a serial killer.
Actually, it's perfectly fine. Serial killers generally kill without provocation, which means that according to our rules, she has to get permission. This thread is exactly what she should be doing in this situation.

Remember that people don't have to agree, and asking permission OOC does not mean that the character is.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Your memes are 11/10.

Unusually, I agree with you

Edit: As to why, it's because it's basically killing without risk. And serial killers should be careful about who they kill and calculate what they do carefully, not kill because they know OOC that the other character is doomed to die.