Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Who Wants to Die

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Nothing wrong with getting consent beforehand for a permakill action. Like Som says, that's the way you're meant to handle killing. How well the RP is done is still up in the air but the stuff leading up to it is fine.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Unusually, I agree with you

Edit: As to why, it's because it's basically killing without risk. And serial killers should be careful about who they kill and calculate what they do carefully, not kill because they know OOC that the other character is doomed to die.
While I disagree for stated reasons, it should be said that playing a serial killer at all is considered consent to those kinds of risks already.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
While I disagree for stated reasons, it should be said that playing a serial killer at all is considered consent to those kinds of risks already.
Of course. Although I believe it was stated by the poster that their targets cannot kill their character in retaliation.

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
If a serial killer needs people to ask OOCly to be victims, are they really a killer? If you don't have people to kill, then the character shouldn't be a killer. He / she should give up to do whatever their other interests are. The majority of murderers have a motivation. They kill their enemies.
yes, no matter what, she needs to ask ooc'ly for consent, its not like she is could be anything like a real serial killer what i see this as, is a way to get people who want there character killed off, and an opportunity for someone to get some fun rp as a murder'er. and honestly, you really need to calm down and if you really don't like what's happening, instead of getting in her face, just let it go, since it doesn't effect you, in any way

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Actually, it's perfectly fine. Serial killers generally kill without provocation, which means that according to our rules, she has to get permission. This thread is exactly what she should be doing in this situation.
thank you, Somnastra.
I was reading through this thread having not the slightest clue what in heck I was supposed to say to everyone. it rather stressed me out, which isn't something I wanted with this thread.

in all honesty, this thread was specifically for a particular kind of roleplay. I want to avoid the sort of drama that's heating up this entire thread, and, well, the whole server nowadays. I actually don't want to roleplay with the same crowd of people I always roleplay with, for lots of reasons (mainly the drama that seems to perpetually surround the group of people I typically roleplay with), and this was partly an attempt to find someone new, instead of the same old people who always seem to be on hair-trigger and too attached to their characters and too obsessed with trying to win.

the point is, I want something new. I'd want to experience combat roleplay without an OOC conflict on how the rp should end.
in honesty, being someone who volunteered to have a character enslaved, and then roleplayed that out, I found it rather peaceful OOCly. I could still act as my character was meant to, and there was no argument in local, because the both of us wanted my character to lose the conflict.

and it felt so much more like what I'm used to, and right now, it's rather reminding me why I roleplay in the first place.
I didn't want to compete, or feel my character's struggles, or win. I feel I've been saying this for a long time, but I don't approach this like a sport, or some PvP event in a videogame. I started roleplaying because it was a way to tell stories with my friend. that's it. if someone disagreed about how the story would resolve itself, we wouldn't just duke it out in some fictional display of power with the characters we were playing. we'd stop it, take a moment, and work on a compromise.

I don't want to fight other players. everyone here is acting like its such a terrible thing that I'm trying to find someone willing to tell a certain story with me, like it's such a travesty that I want to work together with someone, instead of simply fight and fight and fight.

by the gods, people, I don't like sports, I don't like competing, I don't like PvP, I don't like arguing, and I don't like crying over a stupid server! I don't want to play against anyone, and I don't want to make enemies just because I want to tell a story!

is that so hard to understand?

EDIT: and one thing.

I read the opinion that somehow, because I OOCly want both parties to consent to the whole "serial killer/victim" scenario, that this somehow makes my character ICly less of a serial killer.

that feels... wrong.
it's like you're equating me with my character.
I could say that in a lot of different ways, but I just want people to understand that I don't want to experience this character's feelings when it comes to killing, because I don't want to relate to a serial killer. I don't want to mix up IC and OOC, and I want to remind everyone of the difference between someone trying to arrange a roleplay where one character randomly kills another,

and a character asking people if they want to die.

really.