Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

WinterCoffee's Whitelist Application [ Kostadim - Approved ]

coffeechels

Villager
WinterCoffee's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username: WinterCoffee

Country & Timezone: United States - MST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming: The action of utilizing out-of-character knowledge in an in-character setting. Examples of metagaming include calling a friend on discord voice chat for assistance in a current RP setting or event, or reading character profiles in the forums and mentioning it via one's character interaction with the other, despite never meeting such character in the first place. Powergaming: Immediately assuming that all actions will push through and work 100% and showing an overpowered prowess or ability that the said character has despite having no proper build up leading to it. Instead of using the phrases “Xyz attempts to strike at the heel of their foe”, a power gamer would often write it in a way that it was a surefire and accurate strike, leaving the opponent with little to nothing to go off of.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hi! I'm Chelsea, most of the time I go either by Coffee or Chels, and on minecraft I go by Winter as well; but any and all is perfect! I'm currently an Illustration major, and I've been RPing since I was roughly 11 years of age, starting out with Forum RP, Minecraft Server RP and to some extent Discord RP. I'm a sucker for all high fantasy and novella, and I write like there's no tomorrow. I’ve been searching for a new RP server to join for a while now, so hopefully this is the one!

Referral: PMC plus my boyfriend Seahat

{Character Section}

Character Name: Harriette Alaís

Race: Human

Appearance: Harriette has long trailing hair, with curls of burnt umber that were neatly tied with ribbons and all the while leaving most underlocks to fall by her lower back and waist. Her eyes glistened grayish-brown in hue, and often reflected the rose-red accents of her silken dress and corset that embraced her graceful figure. Her prim and consistent posture and her slightly heeled shoes made up for her height, along with being adorned with intricate and delicate accessories that weren’t gaudy or over-exaggerated, but rather kept her svelte appearance simple yet elegant.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: NameMC Link

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Harriette Alaís is a woman shrouded with mystery, enveloped with enough elegance to conceal her truest ambitions from the public eye. Her upbringing consisted of flower petals and the smell of red wine, being raised with the same set of standards as a noblewoman would, despite having no royal blood whatsoever. Her maidenlike demeanor acted as a byproduct of her family’s demands; with her mother and father longing for a lavish life, they were willing to throw aside the family business to shape and sculpt Harriette into a fair lady that would hopefully garner the attention of a nobleman, enough to betrothe himself to a lady of little to no status whatsoever. Red wine is a much loved drink by houses and noble or aristocratic families alike, after all, and the family’s vineyard “La Astorias” grew a sought-after business that exported wine and other alcoholic drinks from taverns and innkeeps to palaces where ballroom parties are held. Although her intentions are unknown, like rose petals forming a bud that hid its pistil within, Harriette Alaís invariably gives off a free spirited and light-hearted façade that contrasted her calculating and ambitious ideas as it all ascertained a higher purpose and a grander scheme of things above all, causing her to delegate her entire life to her parents wishes even if some requests were far more eccentric than others.

-------------------

A silver rapier, oftentimes adorned with intricate carvings and embellished with jewels, signifies the nobility of an individual. A remarkable number of noblemen and noblewomen alike donned such blades by the side of their hip, bequeathing an impression of their service to their respective house, kingdom, or royal family. The maiden skimmed through a leather bound book, softly tracing her finger against and through the illustrations of a noble’s rapier. According to the text, heirs and heiresses were expected to learn how to utilize such thin-bladed weapons. The art of the blade, and an image of a powerful swordswoman circulated within the intricate mind palace of Harriette Alaís; and how she yearned to own a silver blade of her own. This affinity for a dance with blades, amongst most of her hidden ambitions, goes against her delicate image that her mother and father had trained her for. Poetry over philosophy, as her meandering mother and her eager father would say, for the sake of marrying a lucky (or unlucky) nobleman with the ulterior motive of being welcomed as an heiress, Harriette tucked the wishful thinking away and under the linen and blankets of her bed, in the same manner that she ensconced her novels on battle and combat between the silken layers of her pillows before heading out to assist in the vineyard work that only fueled her lavish desires for unshackling the chains that restrain her; set in the form of elegant ribbons.

-

La Astorias, a vineyard she practically grew up in and a proud and profound legacy that her entire family line cherished wholeheartedly, overlooked the hills of grape vines and situated a number of small warehouses spread throughout the elevated fields. If the walls of the winery could talk, they would praise the success and demand of the majority’s favored drink, the family’s signature red wine that glistened a bloody merlot hue. Harriette continued to harvest the ripe clusters of red grapes, placing them in the basket until her mother called for her from a far distance. Her eyes perked up, interlocking her forearm around the basket handle before lifting and carrying her fruitful harvest towards where the source of her mother’s beckoning came from. Upon approaching her mother dearest, her basket of grapes were taken away from her, and brought into one of the many winery warehouses which would ferment the fruit and age it into their delicacy in the form of a drink. Aside from the family business, it appears that her mother and father’s dreams were coming to fruition after all, as Harriette had received written letters from a noble suitor who asked for her hand in marriage. Much like her parents, the nobleman was just as eager and impatient as they are, to the point where Harriette was offered several days of rest to prepare for an engagement party where she would be introduced to the rest of the noble and aristocratic family that she would soon be a part of. Her dismay was shrouded in the way she treated this opportunity as something bigger, if she continued to act obedient, more things would come out of her and her own personal set of goals; keep sweet and retain dignity, she thought to herself as she welcomed her fiancée with a polite curtsey upon seeing him enter their subtly lavish abode. She then proceeded to show him around, given that the view of the vineyard in all its entirety showed a beautiful and romantic view, and her peripheral vision subtly taking notice of her family giving her and her newfound partner their privacy.

-

“If not for your lack of noble blood, you would be considered as the belle of the ball; a woman of refined taste and with the ability to charm those along the way.” The same noble suitor she had been dancing with seemed to disappear, and in return she was brought in the chambers of his grandmother. Age painted a portrait of experience and beauty, a mesh of the noble legacy that the grandmother ever so demanded to protect. In her eyes, she found Harriette impressive, and yet this didn’t waver her second impression of her in the slightest. She is not noble, and she will unfortunately never be, and so the grandmother refused to grant her her blessing. However, she saw herself in Lady Alaís, from her aptitude towards her goals as well as the layers of complexities that grew out from her aura, in the same manner of how wine contains varying looks, flavors, aftertastes, and much more.

“However-” The grand lady of the noble family continued, much to Harriette’s lack of surprise. “Our ancestors will never allow our bloodline to be tarnished with non-nobles and commoners. We are very territorial over our life long tradition of protecting the family sanguor, and we don’t take kindly to parasites.” The aged noblewoman gestured for Harriette to take a seat by the soft satin farthingale chair, to which the brunette obeyed with a hesitant shift. The noble mother discerned the subtleties of Harriette’s nervousness, and reached a furrowed finger to lift the young lady’s chin up to level with her gaze. The silver strands of her fiancée’s grandmother appeared expensive to her, like expensive white-gold chains that most aristocratic families would don.

Comparable to the silver rapier, a symbol of Harriette’s longing for noble niceties. A pang in her chest was ever so present after hearing the daunting words that came out of the old noblewoman’s mouth. That is, until a silver gleam shone through the aged eyes, with approval and a deal that Harriette wouldn’t want to miss.

“Alas, your efforts do not deserve to go to waste, given that you show more grace than any other noble I have met, and I can help you, Lady Harriette.” The aged woman spoke, letting go of Harriette’s chin before holding out a satchel filled with pouches of gold and jewelry and gently dropping the leather bag on Harriette’s lap.

“Run away and live the lavish life without any more restraints. No one will come looking for you as long as you don’t return, not even my grandson, for he is to meet with another princess overseas.” The opportunity in the form of a silver rapier that glittered under the moonlight. In the distance, a loud horn from a nearby ship muffled the neighing of a steed that was prepared for Harriette’s escape. Everything was orchestrated for her to disappear; was this truly the power and wealth of a noble family? With a slow yet exuberant nod, the maiden took the satchel before taking a bow before running off.

-

“Altera…” The maiden tugged on the strap of her satchel, patiently waiting for the ship to embark. Ever since her escape, the second voices emanating from her nagging mother and father are long gone, and now she could finally take a deep breath as she ventures farther than the walls of vine and fruit of La Astorias.

In the distance, a young nobleman watches the scene unfold before him. His alleged commoner fiancée took his grandmother’s deal, and he chose not to stop her. With a solemn prayer of good fortune in mind, he, too, has tugged on the reins of his steed as he runs away from his own noble blood. In a sense, the two needed their own ambitions to be played out, and the self-exile from their families garnered the first step taken.

Harriette Alaís sets sail for Altera, her grayish eyes complementing the intricately-made silver rapier and the flow of her curled locks twirling along the wind in an enthralling dance.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
I liked reading this :)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!

The King's Law

How to Create a Character

Roleplay

The Official Lore

Town Census

HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!

Plugins Command Guide

Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }

..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!

• If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.