Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

XBOX ONE

mrbuddyz

Villager
I think Nintendo kinda screwed themselves over with the Wii U. They shouldn't have released this gens console so early. Especially being lower in popularity that Sony and Microsoft's consoles. Now that the other new consoles are being released, all attention is going t be taken from the Wii U and its sales, game and console, are going to go down.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I wouldn't say so. I'd say that that's the only thing they could have possibly done to survive to be entirely honest. What would you rather them do? Wait until other next gens are released to hope someone that already spent his or her money on those think "I might buy it sometime in never". They have people to look over the market, and I think that releasing Wii U before any of the other consoles was the thing that may actually rise its popularity despite initial low sales. People still feel they were screwed over by Microsoft, and many also notice that Sony isn't such a saint either, and therefore Wii U has quite high chances after success of E3.
They only basically had three options;
A. Release the Wii U before any other console and hope to get profit before people hit in with PS4 and Xbox One. This is the Option they chose and in my eyes the best one, as Wii U doesn't give people an argument of saving up for the other consoles because its release date was before the confirmation date of either of the other two.
B. Release Wii U around same time as the other two. That is most likely bound to fail due to obvious reasons of getting crushed by the opposition.
C. Release Wii U sometime after the initial hype of other consoles. A very dangerous game which would require redesigning the console to ensure it doesn't become obsolete (in case of hardware and software, a month can make a difference in spectrum of years).

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
"Xbox One to rule them all, Xbox One to find them,
Xbox One to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Microsoft where the Shadows lie."