Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

XBOX ONE

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
So...No mention about fixing DRM? Awesome. #_#
Fixing DRM? lol

Microsoft thought DRM was the fix to a lot of problems.

It will be a PS4 for me. Cheaper, better hardware (although not as well optimised as the XBone) and none of these stupid ignorant moves that Microsoft have made.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
MS is failing on every conceivable PR front. My guess is they will just shrug off the poop storm of outrage they have created over the past month and be back to bushiness as usual.

This whole DRM issue and keeping owners on a short leash will hopefully bite them on the ass hard. The whole Kinect having to be attached and active, is a real turn off. I don't need a Kinect for any of the games I play, nor do I want one. The current Kinect won't even work in my place as the room is too small. So why the frack would I want to pay more to have it included. It's just going to be a useless piece of hardware taking up space and maybe even spying of me.

Sony might not be any better then Microsoft, but their acting like they actually care about their customers interests and their $1oo US cheaper.

I like the Xbox 360, with no hate on the PS3. So I'm still debating if I'll go with PS4 or Xbox One. However, there is no way MS is going to win over any PS3 fans, and good luck with new market customers.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
I regret, my dear Polo, that I have only one like to give per posting. :)

So the future is not quite as grim as it first appeared.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
The circle of 10 friends seems extremely generous as far as game sharing goes. If it is as advertised, it completely crushes the Sony spoof of handing the game to a friend to share.

But, 500 GB HD seems a bit light if all the games are played off the HD and not the disks. I'm guessing my current Xbox 360 library with DLC would be close to that limit, and newer better games are going to be bigger. It's probably not a big deal to delete games you hardly ever play, but then your circle of 10 can't access them either. Beyond the games you'll have movies, pictures and music. After all this is your all in one home entertainment devise. In my opinion 500 GB, way too small.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
...Isn't anyone more concerned with the fact that Microsoft has become greedy beyond it's own means? I honestly don't give two spits about "ten friend sharing", the fact that they're limiting me for profit shows that they're unworthy of my money.

..And comic sans system is looking pretty awesome. Nintendo, I'm coming back for you~!

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
This is why we should support Sony in these most stressful times:

It doesn't take much to see that Sony isn't making major profit from its Playstation division. If the PS4 doesn't sell well, it's entirely possible that Sony will call it quits in the console market.

If that were to happen, then Microsoft would be given pretty much single-handed control of the console market.
(Nintendo is settling into its "niche" in its own little world, so it really doesn't amount to much in said market)

Does anyone really want to see Microsoft take control of the console market? Anyone? Even XBox fanatics should have reservations about letting Microsoft run rampant with restrictions and money-grabbing gimmicks.

Ironic as it may seem, supporting Sony is the best way to save Microsoft and the whole of console gaming.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Xbox one-
Pros: ...dogs.?
Cons: everything else.

Ps4 -
Pros: isnt Xbox one.
Cons: does it matter? At least it's not Xbox one.

WiiU
Pros: adorable as all hell, continuing with it's franchises that everyone loves (PICKMEN 3 YESSS)
Cons:...uhm..the controler's kind of big..?

...yeah, pretty much my views at the moment.
Even angry joe's interview with the Xbox PR guy was filled with non-forward answers and bad promises.
Microsoft will either coast along on the money of morons or die out due to their greed~
Unless someone slaps every member of the Xbox Dev team in the face, and they somehow say "we're sorry! Here's an Xbox one version for offline, and it's also smaller because: get this- it only plays games! Drm's gone too!". Then, and only then will I think about getting one.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Unless someone slaps every member of the Xbox Dev team in the face, and they somehow say "we're sorry! Here's an Xbox one version for offline, and it's also smaller because: get this- it only plays games! Drm's gone too!". Then, and only then will I think about getting one.

Dev =/= Marketing.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Dev =/= Marketing.
But the Dev team is responsible for development of the console. They're the people I have a problem with, not marketing. If anything, I feel sorry for marketing, because it's their job to try and sell us on this hunk of plastic that has now emassed a reputation so bad, you'd swear it's the videogame hitler ._.
(Actually..that's not a bad analogy..)

Spark

Broken
Sony will never pull out of the gaming market. Anyone who thinks the PS4 will make them a loss has no idea. Sony can't afford to make a loss with their financial situation. That's why Sony has not been innovative with the PS4, only hardware upgrades.
Whereas Microsoft have concentrated on innovation, with the intergrated Kinect and TV intergration.
At this rate it seems like that has been a huge mistake, as usual it has been blown way out of proportion by the press but they should had prepared for this.
Sony have played it very safe with the PS4 which was clever because people like what they know and there'll always be a resistance to change.

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
I don't really agree with you spark. Microsoft aimed to appeal to the casual gamer with their product. They thought really TV is what people wanted and games on the side. That obviously isn't the case. They aren't even appealing to the casual gamer because it is $100 more than the PS4.

PS4's hardware is actually better than the Xbox's hardware.

Really it is Microsoft's attitude which has really pissed me off. Especially Don Mattrick. He literally said in an interview that armed personnel should just get an Xbox 360. Xbox's TV features only work in North America. The Xbox is limited only 21 of countries. Trading games is not allowed.

The main appeal to me about the PS4 is the indie developers who will make games for it. This is because PS4 allows indie game makers publish their games for free, yet microsoft require a partnership with a major publisher. Dean Hall (DayZ Standalone creator) said himself that it is likely it will arrive on PS4 due to the beneficial environment for indie developers, and wont come to Xbox.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
And once again people are forgetting the Steambox, as well as consoles from other developers (including Alienware >_>) that work with PC-based games using Linux Operating Systems. Though the press seems to not have mentioned that, the console market isn't getting smaller, it's expanding, and at a very rapid pace at that. Even if Sony was to pull out of the console market, though it won't because that would be an extremely idiotic move, other, quite possibly far better console development companies will quickly rush in to take its place and most likely improve what they were given. Don't lose all hope and think that the behemoth Microsoft will be like the Borg successfully taking over the Earth.

By the way, PS4 will most likely have far more sales than the Xbox One anyway... Why the hell are people bothered about Sony leaving the console market with such a marketing success?

Spark

Broken
That's because the Steambox is kinda pointless. PC gamers get a desktop or laptop and casual gamers get a console. The benefit of the steambox is that it's an easy to use gaming pc that appeals to the casual gamer....but then a console is still easier to use...

I don't see the point, it's trying to be in the middle of PC and console but there isn't really a market for it.