Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Your Favourite Pokémon.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
This was once a thread, in the olden times of the none-Pokémon section, but it... Died...​
Now, it is reborn, within its own section!​
I even made a nice template for it. :D
Favourite Pokémon:
Reason:

Oh, and mine? Yes, it's rather obvious.

Favourite Pokémon: Meowth.
Reason: Purr Awesomeness.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I could never have a singular favourite, more a selective group:

Shuckle
Volbeat
Masquerain
Zoroark
Breloom
Togekiss

To name but 6 of them

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Shuckle: Aesthetic reasons, that face is adorable. I also love the way it is a more tanky, wittle-em-down fighter as opposed to using full frontal force.

Masquerain: I love it's design and interesting moveset.

Volbeat: Design and Aesthetic, as well as it's very diverse moveset.

Zoroark: It reminds me of me slightly, kinda dark looking, long hair, illusions.

Breloom: One of the most quirky fighting types you'll find. Love its Aesthetic and typing.

Togekiss: Always been a fan of Togetic so this was a step up, also it's nice to have a Special-based Flying type.

Also forgot
Furret: Love the Aesthetic and moveset.

Wigglytuff: Most of my love came from Mystery Dungeon 2, as well as its diverse movepool and balanced stats.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Favorite Pokémon:
Lucario

Reasons:
- Great in Brawl
- Serious, like me
- Solid and diverse move-set options
- One of only a handful of Pokémon that can boost all stats in a single moveset
(Steadfast (ability), Bulk Up, Calm Mind, Drain Punch, Aura Sphere*)**
*not an accuracy raise, per-say, but has 100% accuracy
**notably weak against ghost types

Aerogor

Loyal Servant of Altera
Favorite Pokemon: Tyranitar
Reason: Strong, good defense, it looks like Godzilla, dark type, highest stats of all Rock types, tied with Hydreigon (a dragon) and Darkrai (a legendary!) for highest Dark type stats, let's see, what else? Oh yeah, people build entire teams centered around this thing.

So yeah, Tyranitar is pretty cool.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Growlithe and Arcanine share Nr. 1 because they are cute/cool and have a great concept, I also like dogs and fire pokemon so its my perfect match. The fact that he is so rare also makes him awesome!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I dislike Tyranitar, personally because it's a psuedo-legendary. I generally dislike psuedo-legendaries because, as you said, they are akin to legendary Pokemon in terms of stats and that just seems wrong to me.

Psuedo-legendaries:
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Metagross
Salamence
Garchomp
Hydreigon

Although there is a chink in some of there armour... Of the 6 I listed there, 4 of them have a 4x weakness to something.
Dragonite is 4x weak to ice
Tyranitar is 4x weak to fighting
Salamence is 4x weak to ice
Garchomp is 4x weak to ice

However, this is usually made up for with high stats. You say Tyranitar's defences are high, but is that also factoring in the Sp.Def boost it gets from the Sandstorm which it automatically creates when it enters the battlefield?

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Favourite Pokémon: Flygon :heart:
Reason: What's not to love? Apart from the reward for raising a Trapinch all the way to a Flygon, it's immunities against electric and ground types combined with it's ability levitate making double battles that bit more bearable make it an amazing pokémon. Also, it looks good as well :)

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Favourite Pokémon: Aipom
Reason: It's adorable and mischievousness. It's a freakin monkey with a hand for a tail! That's just awesome. When it evolves it becomes one of my favorite pokemon to use competitively because Ambipom just wrecks things. But I grew up with Aipom so it is my fav over Ambipom. Ambipom just isn't as adorable.

Roablade

Loyal Servant of Altera
Favourite Pokémon: Magneton
Reason: While I have yet to have a favourite pokemon, this bro over here continuously saved my butt as a kid in both Ruby and Emerald versions. Plus, Wattson had a thing for beating my team to death, so I gained a respect for his own team.

Erlewis

Lord of Altera
Gonna go with a three of them here...

Flygon:
Its possibly one of the coolest Pokemon, in my opinion. Its Flying-and-Ground type, which is a really odd combination, it looks like a giant dragonfly, sounds like it's singing when it flaps its wings and its known as the "spirit of the desert". Cool. He's also won me a great deal of Pokemon TCG matches.

Shuppet:
Simply adorable, and he feeds on bad emotions, making everyone happy. I love it.

Mudkip:
Mudkip and it's evolutions were the first Pokemon I ever chose as a starter and sub-subsequently beat Pokemon Emerald with. Mostly just nostalgia reasons.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Tyranitar.

Spent ages and ages and ages levelling up a lvl 4 Larvitar without knowing if it'd do anything in Crystal version, then one day after grinding with Pupitar, *bam* Tyranitar. It was glorious. That thing tanked every hit that came its way and instantly earned a spot on my team.

spagbog

Lord of Altera
I have a few, most of them for aesthetic reasons, because I started and really got into Pokemon when I was younger, so didn't really play it properly. Here's my top 6 (most/all from diamond: I didn't play the earlier ones):

1. Luxray. Luxray looks amazing and was my second ever Pokemon. I love Electric and Ice types aswell.

2. Infernape. My first ever Pokemon, I traded him through games and whole systems until Pokemon Black. Sadly, he is now gone. RIP Blbo.

3./4. Abomasnow/Mamoswine. As I said, I love ice types, especially these huge, heavy ones. I trained a Swinub all the way up to Mamoswine a little while back, so I've grown fond of them.

5. Staraptor. I kept Staraptor with me at all times. It was a great type/s (Fighting Flying I think) and was my flying Pokemon so I could get to wherever I wanted whenever I wanted.

6. Dialga. I know it's a bit nooby having a legendary on my list, but I loved my Dialga. Even though he's legendary he was by far not my best. It's just his attacks were so cool. Like spacial rend. I loved Dialga.