Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Your Favourite Pokémon.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
*twitches*

FYI: Flygon is Ground/Dragon, not Ground/Flying

Staraptor is Normal/Flying

Dialga does not have Spacial Rend, that's Palkia, Dialga's signature is Roar of Time

*twitching ceases*

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Flygon does have Levitate, though, so that's somewhat excusable.

And Staraptor is about as close to a Fighting/Flying as you'll find; Staraptor's Close Combat is pretty wicked.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Close combat does make it pretty awesome, but it isn't the only one. Gliscor is ground/flying and can learn Sky Uppercut, which can hit flying enemies. In my opinion that's even better.

spagbog

Lord of Altera
*twitches*

Staraptor is Normal/Flying

Dialga does not have Spacial Rend, that's Palkia, Dialga's signature is Roar of Time

*twitching ceases*
That's err... What I meant...
<_<
>_>

Close combat does make it pretty awesome, but it isn't the only one. Gliscor is ground/flying and can learn Sky Uppercut, which can hit flying enemies. In my opinion that's even better.
But Staraptor is so much cooler! Gliscore are weird, while Staraptors are elegant and beautiful!

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Staraptors don't learn bug ground, or dark moves. I'm unsure about what Gliscor can learn because I haven't played Pokémon at all recently, but I believe that Gliscor has a wider move range.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Staraptors don't learn bug ground, or dark moves. I'm unsure about what Gliscor can learn because I haven't played Pokémon at all recently, but I believe that Gliscor has a wider move range.
Indeed he does, he can even learn the fang moves, such as fire and thunderfang. He is very diverse in his movepool for a flying type, one of the only flying Pokemon who I think can exceed him in that respect is Togekiss

Aerogor

Loyal Servant of Altera
I dislike Tyranitar, personally because it's a psuedo-legendary. I generally dislike psuedo-legendaries because, as you said, they are akin to legendary Pokemon in terms of stats and that just seems wrong to me.

Psuedo-legendaries:
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Metagross
Salamence
Garchomp
Hydreigon

Although there is a chink in some of there armour... Of the 6 I listed there, 4 of them have a 4x weakness to something.
Dragonite is 4x weak to ice
Tyranitar is 4x weak to fighting
Salamence is 4x weak to ice
Garchomp is 4x weak to ice

However, this is usually made up for with high stats. You say Tyranitar's defences are high, but is that also factoring in the Sp.Def boost it gets from the Sandstorm which it automatically creates when it enters the battlefield?
This is no creature of legendary status. No, this is one that makes itself into a legend. Its previous form, Pupitar, must train, and train, and train, trapped in a sub-par shell of a body. Once it has reached a sufficient level of power, it transforms into a being with power finally equaling its dedication to training. It, like other pseudo-legendaries, but unlike fully-fledged legendaries, is not born/created with power, but rather, it earns its rank as among the greatest of pokemon. Tyranitar is not only a creature deserving awe at its sheer strength, but also a creature deserving respect for everything it has put into reaching its current state.

Also, yes, Tyranitar's defenses are good, even without the sandstorm, at 100 HP 110 Def, and 100 (natural) Sp. Def.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
This is no creature of legendary status. No, this is one that makes itself into a legend. Its previous form, Pupitar, must train, and train, and train, trapped in a sub-par shell of a body. Once it has reached a sufficient level of power, it transforms into a being with power finally equaling its dedication to training. It, like other pseudo-legendaries, but unlike fully-fledged legendaries, is not born/created with power, but rather, it earns its rank as among the greatest of pokemon. Tyranitar is not only a creature deserving awe at its sheer strength, but also a creature deserving respect for everything it has put into reaching its current state.

Also, yes, Tyranitar's defenses are good, even without the sandstorm, at 100 HP 110 Def, and 100 (natural) Sp. Def.
This quote would be pretty awesome if Pupitar was useless, but it isn't.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
You've also got to give Charizard some credit with diverse movesets; he's one of the few non-ground flying types that can learn dig.

Combine that with his flying, fire, and dragon selections, among others, and you can make a pretty good Charizard.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Did you just say Charizard? Because if so i'm gonna murder it.

OVERRATED PIECE OF CRAP DRAGON WANNABE!!!

*sigh*...

4x weak to rock, for starters. combine that with it's pitiful 78 base defense then wham, 1 hit ko.
His levelup moveset is almost the complete opposite of diverse. He has 2 flying type, 2 dragon type and 1 ghost type move, other than that all he has is fire and normal moves.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Favorite Pokemon: <----

Reasons: Although a lot of people dislike him because he is only Dark type, I simply love him. He has a very large movepool considering his type and if you have Swords dance, a scope lens and pyscho cut he is truly a force to be reckoned with in any tournament. If he his paired with Togekiss, who is one of THEE best walls going, he pwns all in a double match, just set up Togekiss with follow me, make sure it is focused on defense, and just throw down some Swords Dances, you have won already.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
*refrains from nerd raging by giving a long list of far superior walls*
Well, there are a lot of better walls than Togekiss, but I do generally use one of them whenever I need to like, do anything >.>

Not saying Togekiss is the ONLY one but I like it because it can learn Aura Sphere ^_^