Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[zXzEnderzXz] - Application [Approved- solus]

PRECURS0R

Lord of Altera
Legend
PRECURS0R
PRECURS0R
Legend
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

zXzEnderzXz

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

New England area of the US

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yep.

5) Introduce yourself!

Well, My name's Austin. Iv been skipping around schools for the past few years and I'm currently staying in Kennebunk and attending its High school as a sophomore. I enjoy history classes which might be a contributor as to why I love role playing and why I love writing back stories for things, although my talent at it is varied. I'm not much of a PC gamer and normally stick to console games, Specifically Demon's souls, Dark souls, and Dark souls II. I'm a novice piano player, Just started practicing a year ago and while I'm not that experienced I play in my free time. I also enjoy designing things. Be it on pen and paper drawing characters and objects (Specifically masks), or sometimes through digital arts.

6) Got any examples of your work?

I used to have old screenshots of works on a server I don't regularly play anymore but they have been deleted.
But here is one of my most favored characters that I have made (This link will take you to my previous RP servers website. I, in no way am trying to advertise the server but only my work.)
http://Yoshi's Island.enjin.com/forum/m/7786138/viewthread/17915147-victor-deserter

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

Very little of it. I only explored the world to the boat ride where you first enter town then stopped.

----

About your character

Name:

Nosa Crow

Race:

Human

Appearance:

(This is a close representation but not very accurate. This is also not my own art.)

Nosa is mostly seen walking around wearing one of his finely crafted masks and unless a person would know him very well his true face could possibly never be reviled to them. The mask he uses as his trademark as well as being his favorite design is a pure white painted mask with a red design. Two sharp eyes that look to be very menacing yet strangely joyful are carved out of the mask reviling only a pair of dull green eyes. A thin black smile is painted accost the lower half of the mask and for the simplistic red detailing, two broad red streaks going straight through both of the eyes from the top of the mask to the bottom.
Nosa has raven black hair that tends to spike out every which way in an awful mess. If you are one of the lucky few who happen to see under the mask Nosa looks fairly average. Nothing very special about him aside from his dull green eyes and pale skin.

---

The test

“Trinkets, Masks, and accessories for sale! Come one, Come all, the best crafts in the land sold for the best prices around!” Standing here all day on a soap box and yelling at the top of my lungs to sell cheap trinkets might not be the best way to spend the hours of my day. But hey it makes an honest living I guess! “Need a present for m’lady? perhaps attending a masquerade? Or maybe you’re just flat out ugly and need some accents to make you look a tad better?! Then have I the thing for you my friends!” Barely any people come by to see my wares around here but I sure do get some funny reactions from the passers by! Especially the ones that are actually kinda unpleasant to look at, just looking away and trying to convince themselves they are wrong or just hang their heads knowing their pitiful disfigurement. Not the politest method of drawing in customers but hey! Business is business and if I can trick people into buying my things its a win-win, I get hard earned gold in my pockets and a nice meal for me and badda-bing they look a bit more fancy.

A small group of people walked passed me on their way into the tavern and a guy stopped in front of my stall. Didn’t even have to drag him in with some comical attention grabber! “So what do you sell..Just a whole bunch of odds and ends?” I put my fists on my hips and lean down to the man “Well just about anything really! these little trinkets will help catch the eyes of the ladies for sure my good sir!” He didn’t look amused. Can’t win em’ all I guess. He picked up one of my necklaces that I had on display

“These little junk charms? They’d break in an afternoon for how shoddy you put them together!”

“Oh no, no, no I assure you sir these things could last you a lifetime! And take it from me, I guarantee you, Soon as you get the little pick me up from these you’ll be swimming’ in gold and girls!”

“And I assume you’re the proof of this? standing outside of a tavern selling your wares to common folk?”

“Ehmm…”

Wise guy got me.. I throw my hands up and look down at him in a less joyful toan.

“Look bud I ain’t here to be criticized. Buy something or carry on your merry little way.”

I make a quick walking motion with two fingers then stand up straight with crossed arms. The man sighs and puts down the necklace which breaks almost instantly as it touches the ground. He looks over to one of my masks I have laid out. The masks are what I try to really sell. Barely anyone has given them a second glance before though. “Now these don’t look half bad actually..” The man says as he picked up one of my better masks. A two faced painted oak mask, one side showing a representation of “Ignis Synnove” as a golden half carved out like a sun with swirling details, the other side a grinning skull to represent “The Grey Lady”. “Very nice works of art indeed.. I’m assuming these are your actual product?” I breath a heavy sigh of relief, finally somebody understood that the masks were what I was trying to primarily sell. “Ehh.. yeah they are there for the people who want them…” I say as casually as possible. “I put a bit more effort into them sure. But pfft, who wears masks out in public nowadays?” “Well with this fine craftsmanship maybe you could make it a trend.” The man laughs and hands a small sack of coins. “Here, I’ll buy this one off you.” I look at the small bag of money and quickly take it not hesitating to check how much money was actually in the bag. “A fine trade sir! you’ll be the life of the party with that mask! Do come back again now alright!” I’m practically jumping of joy for my sale with the man “And who do I look for if I perhaps need another?” I bow a fancy bow to the man as if asking him to dance “Nosa Crow’s the name.”

Last edited:

PRECURS0R

Lord of Altera
Legend
PRECURS0R
PRECURS0R
Legend
Realized my test is missing a few hundred words. :eek: Will get on editing it momentarily. :D

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello. It's looking good so far-

I'm here to clarify that the server is "The World of Altera". Your character would not be sailing the seas to visit it- he would be sailing its seas to visit other lands. The land he would be starting in is "The Northern Kingdoms." I would sincerely recommend you use one of the already existing towns as an origin town- Even recommend saying "a small village in the outskirts down south", though it is very vague. It depends on what sort of village or town your character originates from. Does it have mages or magical creatures, or beings with special powers? That would be against the Lore and discouraged immensely. If you mean to say an island village somewhere nearby- where you come to travel to the Northern Kingdoms and stay- that I'd ask you to keep the backstory of the town/isle to a minimum- as we discourage backstory to effect your development in-game, especially if it's not from the Northern Kingdoms. Instead, we encourage your experience when you roleplay with others, how you interact as such.

Take a few moments to clarify that in your Test and I'll have a look at it when you've updated!

PRECURS0R

Lord of Altera
Legend
PRECURS0R
PRECURS0R
Legend
Gotcha, small misunderstanding. I do highly dislike the idea of having a character start out in an already established settlement though. Especially for my first character on this server seeing as you don't exactly own a home or know anybody else on the server. But the latter way of explaining it fancies me a bit more. I did state in my app as well that I was a bit foggy on where to find information about the actual geography of the world and the settlements but I'll try to lay off on the setting a bit and focus more on interaction. Thanks for the feedback. this will be updated very soon. :)

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I was hoping for just a few tweaks on the wordings of where your home town was- but this is very well done! Welcome to Altera- I'll look forward to seeing you.

--

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.