Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_DinoSnap_'s Whitelist Application [Declined- solus]

Will_

Villager
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username? _DinoSnap_

This is the name you use to sign in on minecraft.net. Please make sure this is your own account, account sharing can cause complications with griefing so is prohibited in the HollowWorld. Please specify whether it is the letter 'o' or the number '0' (zero) as they are almost identical with this font.

2) How old are you? I am 14 years old.

Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.

3) Where are you? I am from Greece, but can speak quite.. Good English.

HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.

4) Have you read our guides yet? Yes, I have read the guides, although, not the Survival Guide.

Before you start playing we recommend that all of our users consult our Survival Guide and take a look at the Tome of Citizenship to look for answers to any questions you have. Looking here first saves a lot of time and keeps our busy staff much happier!

> The Survival Guide is a collection of guides to help with commands, common questions and resources.

> The Tome of Citizenship is a thorough, detailed document listing all server basics. It must be read and agreed to before your application can be accepted.

> For guidance on what races the server has available for new places consult the Core Races Synopsis.

5) Introduce yourself! I got to a school in England, and I want to study English and PE in my GSCE's. I play on consoles and have many hobbies, "gaming," football, hockey, lacrosse, athletics.. I enjoy roleplay and RPG games the most. They're quite time consuming and I enjoy a game that will take me quite a long time to complete.

This section is really important for both your application and your HollowWorld experience. We hope that by telling us about yourself now we'll get to know you better and we look forward to learning more about you while you're with us.

Again, we're not asking for any personal information that you don't want us to know. If you don't want to use your real name, that's fine and we're certainly not going to hunt you down for your bank details.

Some examples of things to tell us:
> About your education/work
> What is your favourite part of your job or study?
> hobbies and other games you play
> What kind of games do you enjoy the most?
> Why?

Talking about yourself isn't always easy and we understand that. We would like this section to be a minimum of 5 sentences but if you want to talk for longer then please go ahead! Please don't fill this answer with things about Minecraft, as that tells us nothing about who you are as a person.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Are you a builder? Are you an artist? Do you love to write? If you have a talent then we'd love to see it. Please use the "upload a file" button or provide us with a link to your work so we can take a look.
This is an optional section, if you don't have anything to show us then don't panic!

Everyone is good at different things and we hope we can encourage you to create new things and find new skills while you're with us. We are not a creative server, there's no penalty if you don't want to build. However, HollowWorld is always looking for good builders to help with on-going projects and add their own ideas to our growing community.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application? I walked about spawn, got on the boats, explored the first town..
HollowWorld is explorable before applying for whitelist, have you seen some of the towns; did any places leave a good impression? Tell us a bit about your exploration!

8) Referrer: (Optional) Dankzt_Meemz
List a minecraft username if someone has referred you to HollowWorld and they may get a reward.

*** We'd like to remind all players that the use of xraying, xray texture packs and mods to locate ores are banishable offenses. We have a dedicated team supervising our logs and once caught using any of the above your account will be banned from the server. (you can delete this bit from your application)***

----

About your character
Name: Durgim Barnabelius

Character's name here! Nice and simple. If they go under multiple aliases, let us know.

Past roleplay development from other servers or games and bringing it to our server is not acceptable. We prefer you start a fresh character to begin your development. Remember that your character cannot start with any advanced skill, they must start with minimal basic skills.

Character's age here! This can be an approximate age if you're not entirely sure.

Race: Dwarf

HollowWorld has a list of approved species that you can learn about on the Core races synopsis if you haven’t already done so. There are no half-breeds of races.

Appearance: A short and Dwarf, quite chubby with a long beard dropping down to his belly button. Wearing quite heavy clothing, this cheerful Dwarf is a peaceful man.

What does your character look like? If you have a picture or skin of your character post it here. If not, we'd like a brief description of the design you have in mind.

PLEASE NOTE that some features are exclusive to races or character traits. Your application may need reviewing should our staff feel that details do not fit with the existing lore. Ignoring these suggested changes will result in your application being declined.

---

The test
The wood crackled as the three Dwarves sat on their logs, that had been cut down earlier in the day. All of them were taking several swigs from their bottles of ale, telling story of past time memories. There was a snap in the forest behind of them. None, sober they shrugged it off continuing to sing jolly songs and tell their stories. It came again, and again but still they continued to shrug it off. When it came again, the two Dwarves went out too see what the "racket" was, leaving Durgim out on his own to guard their station. He would have felt something cold, blunt.. Touch the softer part of his head, his short body falling limp onto the floor. Unconscious, the last thing he heard were muffled voices.

As Durgim sat upright, he felt his body much lighter, looking down to seem him in only a short shirt and some leather leggings. He grunted, waddling onward to find himself his new "humble abode.."

To help us give your application the seal of approval we'd like to see an example of your role playing skill. This is an opportunity for us to see your story telling skills and also get to know your character's thoughts and mannerisms. Both of these things are really important to us!

On the whole, we do not accept stories that give a violent introduction to your character. This is why we recommend players not write about:
  • Violence
  • Death
  • Murder
  • Killing
  • Burning Origin Home Villages
  • Death of Parents
- on their Whitelist Applications. We'd much rather see what you've learned about HollowWorld's lore and the existing towns. We have no specific scenario to use, so use your imagination!

How you want to write this is very much up to you but we encourage that you are as descriptive as possible. Remember; this is your best chance to showcase your character! Please note though that Magic is heavily restricted, so please don't write a magic character.

> You can write this from your character's perspective like so:

“ It must be morning now or at least I can feel the warmth of sunlight hitting my face. I open my eyes and take in my surroundings. The forest looks different in the daylight but I still feel anxious about the events from before. Wolves hunt here, I know I'm lucky to have survived the night. I start to look around for a weapon, I won't make it home without something to protect myself. “

> OR you may prefer something like this:

“ Even with the morning sun lighting the ancient forest, the young man couldn't help but shiver at the realization he was completely lost. It was a miracle he had survived the night after collapsing in the undergrowth when vicious creatures could be lurking around any corner. He dusted off his tattered trousers and stood, quickly searching for anything that could protect him from the monsters in the woodland. "
It doesn't have to be very long (between 400-1000 words) and you can always come back and change it for your character profile at a later time using the edit button. However, without this section we cannot get a good understanding of your character.
An application without this section will result in your application being declined.

OKAY, I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION, NOW WHAT?

Now you sit back and relax! Thank you for your application.

*** Please do not contact the admin team to try and hurry your application. You put a lot of time and effort into applying and we want to make sure that we give you the same respect in our reply. Trying to rush the process could result in your application being declined immediately. ***

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I had a hard time sorting through your application, so I'll have to decline it. Please carefully read and follow all the instructions to pass the application test. If you do plan to reapply, take out the extra prompt words and have a 400 word minimum Test.