Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Abe's App [Declined - Jase]

Abeon

Lord of Altera
Please Note: I first played Hollow World in 2012... I guess 7 years was long enough to be considered dormant? See #13.
A few small edits made.

This was coppied from here:

1. Your Minecraft username:
Abeontech
(A.k.a Abeon)

2. Age: 28 (Edit: 36 ¬_¬ )
3. Country: UK

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, sir.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: using external knowledge to influence the decisions of a character. Thats what the Immortal Kings told me to say anyway. It doesn't mean much to me.
Powergaming: like regular gaming, but added deathmetal... making secret pacts with the dark lords for super powers. I hear that's how the Valiant Crusadeswere started!

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase, Niko.

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm Adam (a.k.a Abeon) a 28 (36 ¬¬) year old autodidact from Horsham in the U.K. and have a wonderful 2 (9 ¬¬) year old boy and modern-day misses (mortgage and kids is financial marriage, right?). I don't get as much time to play games and code as I'd like due to the borderline ADHD boy, work and whatnot.

I've had a keen interest in close up magic since a young age and learnt a few coin and card tricks along the way. It's an easy way to get money from drunk people :)

I have loved computers and coding for as long as I can remember which has lead to many online ventures including a hosting business and several gaming websites. Currently, I work as an SEO engieer for a small, but quickly growing, local company.

I have only really played MineCraft offline until recently when I tried a few non-whitelist servers which had all been pilliaged and looked a bit of a mess and one was duing the middle of a chat spam flood -_-

.... So here I am. (<- That's a sentance, incase you were counting :D )

Edit: This is the "if you write a sentance about the sentance length requirement, does it still count as a sentance?" sentance.

I've seen a few videos of the server and it looks pretty nice, so I can't wait to have a real look.

I have played DDO (D&D Online) since just after release but it's a little too arcady compared to most proper RPGs, so I tend to play it every now and then. I also play pen and paper D&D online using various clients but over a real table is far better, of course!

My characters have a tendancy towards being vagabond trader types, so I expect to have a fair look around the land of Altera.

8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.

Edit: Added this for one simple reason; I got 17k views by coppying the title from Duncan's Tekkit modpack skin.
If I could have chosen a superpower, it wouldn't have been marketing!

I have been playing about with the technic pack so thought I'd show my little hovel but got ambushed by an Ogre and a Werewolf, so it didn't go too well.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
I see dead people

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Of course!
I hear the demons in the Nether use the dark arts. Or fart darts, one of the two...

11. How did you find out about our server?
Google (Dork: "medieval minecraft server" or something similar).

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
Yup.
I'll happily donte $10 if accepted :) (Edit: I did donate. I'm British!)

13: Why the ~7 year hiatus?
Life, the Universe and Everything.
I've since been married, travelled the country, worked from London to Land's End, but had a sudden urge to get some MC action again!

--- Added ---

Character Name:
Awesome Abeon: Adventuring Alchemist... Or just abeon.

Character Age:
136. Or 35 and a half in Human years.

Character Race:
Ponytail?
Elf.

Appearance:
Bellybutton length pony-tail, effeminate appearance, and distain for anything like hard work.
When I'm not attending Awards events, I can be found on a beach looking like Jack Sparrow. With rum. Sans glasses.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Affluent Abeon: Abjuration Athlete was born to a small reclusive tree-dwelling Elven tribe. He decided to teach himself after an arguement over the more esoteric aspects of physics with a squirrel. The squirell won. Gnomes and triggers or something about "Triggergnometry". Mind blown.

Teaching himself took a lot longer than simply reading a book. The logic, flawed as it may have been was simple;
Anyone at the forefront of their field can't learn from a book. They write the book.
The problem was that his field was all of them; jack of all trades, master of none

Although born a noble Forest Elf, he always aspired towards the status afforded to Silver Elves. If he couldn't buy it, he would take it. Or at least try to. Average Abeon: Astute Astrologist wasn't known for his stunning intellect and didn't really understand politics or genetics.

Recent events in Altera had made it's way to far away places Axiomatic Abeon: Ardent Arsonist had visited. He grew pensive and tried to visit his parents, back home...

Recently returning from a far away Land, an infinite road called the Em Twenty Five. It was frightening to hear so many metal horses growling and racing for no real purpose. The chance to see parents after Ashen Blight spread to the more remote towns he frequented was the little hope he had.

Grabbing everything he could salvage, he fled; a dozen radiants, a pickaxe and torch prepared. Nothing more.

This experience lead him back home, back to safety. Or so he thought...

His once dormant house now ransacked and occupied by a pair of lesser earth elementals. The bast**ds were using it as a place from which they ambushed and absorbed wary travellers looking for a comfy nights sleep.

Clearing out his old house was a fairly straight forward process, but the end result was less than satisfying... The damage was to severe to fix; he had to find a new home once again.

His friends and family were nowhere to be seen. They had, apparently, been raided too! It was time to act. Travelling around, avoiding the pending conflict was simply delaying the inevitable. He had to do something, anything.

Instead of running, he was going to stand and fight. That just meant one thing.

He had start anew, as he was accustomed to doing after many years on the road.

One last time...

Grab my pickaxe.
Light my torch.
Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast!

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey welcome back!-
There is a different format to the whitelists now which you can find about halfway down the page. (Link)

It includes character sheet things which help us mentors gauge your knowledge of lore and whatnot. You mind editing what you have above to reflect the new template and questions?

Once you have done just reply to this thread and I will take another look.

Abeon

Lord of Altera
Awesome Abe; Adventuring Alchemist accepts adjudication, answered above!

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
house now ransacked and occupied by a pair of lesser earth elementals.
Recently returning from a far away Land, an infinite road called the Em Twenty Five. It was frightening to hear so many metal horses growling and racing for no real purpose.

So a few things that I am going to have to get you to look at before I can whitelist you~
  • Please remove the references to beings which you would likely not see much of in Altera. Although they do exist, the common person will not see them.
  • In regards to faraway lands in backstory, we try to keep things within the world of Altera. This means only places within the continent, as well as technologies.
  • In regards to skills, characters should start off with only a low-level base of skills. They will need to learn or practice in-game to get better at what they do. Try to keep Abe as realistic as possible if you can and keep to the current lore.
Other than that, I am really excited to see what you do with this character!