Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Akari The Fool

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Name:Akari The Fool
Nickname/Alias:Akari
Race:Human
Height:5"9
Weight:110 lbs
Hair:Purple, like wine.
Eyes:Black.
Skin:White, because of paint.
Identifying Marks:Black markings covering his arms identify him as Akari The Fool, as well as his constant black and purple garb, and the symbolic jester hat he wears.
Appearance:His black dead eyes on the backdrop of his white painted skin creates an illusion of fear for those who see him, however Akari is not to be feared. Occasionally a crazed look of despair will haunt this poor fool's face.
Strengths:Akari is a kind soul, though void of a soul himself, he is very good with words, though is often times seen wandering about the land muttering things of insanity. Akari is as well, quick and agile, despite his decrepit appearance he is quite healthy... Physically...
Weaknesses and fears: Akari fears few things, as his sanity is too warped to know much fear, he fears death, but only the physical manifestation of it, not actually the dying bit. Years of forced labor when he was young has made him fear whips as well as shackles. And the sight or smell of blood will send him into a crazed frenzy killing anyone he can so as not to feel the cold sting of death himself.
Religion and cults: Akari can constantly be heard muttering to himself about gods and creation among many other things, his own religious beliefs are unknown, however, many speculate that he may curse the gods for his own mental weaknesses. It is also believed that Akari was once the slave of a very powerful necromancer, however this is only derived from bits and pieces he has been known to mumble, the exact truth of his past and religious beliefs may not even be known to him.
Profession: Akari is a fool, attending parties and courts, amusing those more fortunate then he. The reasons he is filled with such glorious laughter is as well unknown, however he can bring smiles to even the darkest of souls, and will do so at no cost on anyone's part, but simply because he enjoys doing so, he is also a constant wanderer, though he may have a home in some city or another, or even luxurious rooms in a palace that may have been offered to him by a king who felt his sorrow, however, he will instead constantly roam the land, muttering loudly to himself, and performing (though often times against the persons will) whenever he gets the chance.

Backstory: Through several sessions of scrying, mages have been able to assist Akari in gathering anything they can about his past, Akari then writes these things down in a book, which he always has in his possession though unreadable by any except him... However from the mages records that Akari has allowed them to keep, we can gather this:

In a far away land, known only by Elisania was where Akari hails from, very little of towns, or cities is known about Elisania, as it's only ever been recorded in Alterian history in the passages detailing Akari's history, and the information they've gathered is scarce. We know that Akari was born 27 years ago in Elisania, and quickly moved from his home of birth to a tower, far in a mountain reach, owned by a very powerful elf, however, this elf's name, profession and anything else about him is unknown, as it seem Akari has sub-consciously put a powerful mental barrier around those memories.

Akari lived at this tower for 15 years, never knowing of his origins, and beaten by his master for asking any questions about them, so he went through these 15 years, suffering beatings daily from his master who never seemed to be pleased with anything Akari did. At night, whispers would fill the poor boy's head, originating, possibly, from the many cursed tomes and artifacts we now know his master kept, it is suspected that his madness, as well as his strange laughing affliction was derived from this as well. The 15 years he remained in this tower are clouded with mystery, the only clear memory we have, is Akari's final memory from living there, as he kneel over his masters limp body, tears soaking the floor, mixing with the blood that covered the area around him. If Akari was the one who killed him, or be it by some other means, is unknown.

After fleeing from the death of his master, Akari spent many years roaming the country side, mumbling to himself, losing bits and pieces of his sanity every day. Nothing is known of the conversation that took place the day Akari met Queen Merinia, the known ruler of Elisania, however we have been led to conclude that the conversation took place due to the pity Queen Merinia felt towards seeing Akari wondering and lost in, it was then that she took him in, gave him a room in the highest tower, and ordered him fitted for clothes and bathed. Often times, it is noted, Queen Merinia would visit Akari in a depressed state, we can safely assume only that she took comfort in being near Akari, and would always leave happy.

We can gather from Akari's memories of the queen's visits with him, that the king was becoming increasingly worried about the relationship that appeared to him to be forming between the queen and Akari, nothing is known about the true nature of their relation ship, but we have learned that the king, driven mad by his thoughts, ordered the queen beheaded, and made sure that Akari was forced to watch. Akari, knowing nothing but death, pain, and suffering before meeting the queen, went completely mad at the sight of the queen's headless body falling away from the chopping block, he cried out, cursing the king, and the king, brought to a fit of rage by the emotion that came out of Akari at the sight of the dead queen, charged at him, sword drawn, and drove it deep into his chest.

Nothing is known about what happened between Akari being stabbed, and him waking up on board a ship known as The Elised. The reason for little being known, is that the mage looking into the matter, died during the scrying due to unknown causes, and none have dared to look into that part of Akari's mind since then. However it was after docking at a place known as Port Silver, that Akari was thrown off the ship and began his life here, so now he roams the land, muttering to himself and performing for all, continuing to have mages search his memory for clues to his past, though expressing little interest actually knowing about it. If you see him, be prepared for a show, because you'll get one, like it or not...

So what do you guys think, i know it needs some refining and it's kinda poorly written, but do you think i should continue???

-Akari/TheDarkFool

(NOTICE: THIS STORY IS NOW VOID! TO SEE THE CORRECT STORY GO TO PAGE THREE!!)

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
When I saw your application, I knew you were about to be one of the best RP writers on the forums. I think the others should see this because it's good, it's very, very good. I would love to have an RP with you on the server and I already know that you will be awesome at it. Please, please, please write more!

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
So ye wish it, so shall it be done. Writing these stories, is oh so much fun, and your kind words, bring light to my heart like the sun.
I think I shall include some of the more... legible... entries from Akari's book, after all, just imagine, a crazy man's outlook. As well as his story as it play out... and perhaps fulfill that request to write a song about potatoes and the meaning of life...

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Arrival in Town:
A page from Akari's book.

I arrived in the town known as Witches Wrew today, wonderful place, full of joy. I met a dear girl, who looked as is from another world. In the best way of course! She was clothed in a rather interesting dress, seeming to be made of vines and flowers, it suited her quite well, I later learned that she herself was indeed a dryad. Never had I met a dryad, had I known of the immense kindness they, or at least she, possessed I would hath sought one out many era ago. She seemed to have a certain fire in her eyes, burning with a desire to help and nurture nature, and to find all the good in men. We talked for quite a while, and I fear I may hath taken a considerable portion of her time for mine own. After talking for a while, she politely asked me to tell her my story. Feeling no reason to hide my past in a place as nice as I began to speak my story. She listened politely, and I, trying not to bore her with mine own miserable past, went on, adding bits and pieces about Elisania that I thought she might find amusing. Nearing the end, we were graced with the arrival of Madam Alaila, or, I should just call her Alaila, She might become cross otherwise. To not stray however, Alaila arrived and Rosa, as I learned her name was, announced that she needed rest, so, politely saying farewell she took her leave. After exploring the town a bit, and realizing I had not the faintest clue where I was wondering about, I sought out Alaila in the inn. She very politely got me started in the town, and gave a space within which to construct my house, then took her leave.

I think I'll enjoy my stay here, and with luck it'll be a long one. Also, it appears that this place has a strange effect on my own mind, seeming to calm it, or bring a certain peace. Whatever the cause, I quite like being able to think clearly.

What do you guys think, journal pages OK?
-TheDarkFool/Akari
P.S. Sorry it took me so long to write another entry in this, I got distracted! :p

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Nice use of Japanese (Akari) to name your character Light, you like anime/ manga or just generaly interested in the Japanese language, or all of the above? :p

Great writing btw, keep going its interesting :)

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
I love anime and manga, and I speak a little bit of japanese as well. (Still learning) And as for the name, that was purely coincidental... I had honestly no idea that "Akari" meant light... It was Asari at first then i learned that Asari is a race from Mass Effect, so i renamed him Akari. Honestly the fact that i accidentally named a dark fool "Light" in another language without knowing it is kinda creepy... :p

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
I love anime and manga, and I speak a little bit of japanese as well. (Still learning) And as for the name, that was purely coincidental... I had honestly no idea that "Akari" meant light... It was Asari at first then i learned that Asari is a race from Mass Effect, so i renamed him Akari. Honestly the fact that i accidentally named a dark fool "Light" in another language without knowing it is kinda creepy... :p
aye it is, but alas its a good one.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
I also love anime and am also learning a bit of japanese so I recognised the word akari straight away, also another word for light in japanese is hikari which just means light. Your word has a few more meanings but all = light such as illumination, glow and gleam :p

aye it is, but alas its a good one.
AYE SIR!!!!
Happy Fairy Tail.png

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
I don't believe it, my heart, never had I thought, nor hoped, nor even dreamed that I would ever feel such deep emotion for anyone. Is it bad? No, it can't be, nothing that feels this good could ever be bad... It's like nothing I've ever felt before, like nothing I imagined possible. It's as if for her I could fight down the whole of every army in Altera, and I would. Now I know there is hope for me, that I have a reason to keep fighting back the sorrow. For Rosa I would do anything. How can it get better then this? How can I make it last? Oh, I don't even know what to do... It's unfortunate I'm not very poetic... I don't know! But I know that I am going to do everything in my power to keep her happy. I would write all day about her, but I'll instead spend that time with her.

On a more depressing note, it seems I've lost the Seal Of Lilith... This is bad, very very bad, without it... I must find it, I can't leave Rosa like that.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Finally, a free moment... Oh how busy I've been these last few days... dark seals, love, tragedy, and a kiss! Whatever happened to the good 'ol days in Elisania where I used to go out, suck the soul out of someone, and continue with my work... Well no matter, I prefer this life much more. Each moment with Rosa is like I've been thrown into a brand new, wonderful world where I haven't the foggiest of what I'm doing but for some reason am overly excited... And then there was giving the rose to Luna... The crystallized shadow rose I gave her was one of a kind... I couldn't possibly make another... A black rose, made of crystallized shadows, with the purple smoke that is a piece of my soul swirling around inside, I do hope she takes good care of it... Then there is of course, the matter of the seal... I just can't believe I would even consider using something such as that... I don't know what I was thinking... I can only hope Rosa comes to forgive me in the future though I feel as if I shouldn't be forgiven for what I've done... But, I've my love to get back to... I just want to spend all the time I can with her... Well, off I go.