Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Akari The Fool

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Ah, see, I could change it to Northern Kingdoms, except I was not speaking of a specific place, I meant all of Altera, as a whole. :p

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
So, I've noticed that during my roleplaying experience, Akari has drifted from what I first intended him to be, originally, I was just going to let it be. However after some thought, I've decided that for the sake of roleplay, I will revise Akari's story, to better fit what he has become, rather then what he was originally intended as. Thereby eliminating any confusion that may be had by people expecting to meet a crazy jester who is constantly speaking in rhymes but instead is rather more in love, and not crazy... Not THAT crazy...

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Name: Akari Varythen, of Elisania.
Nickname/Alias: Akari
Age: 27 years, 8 months, and 11 days as of the time of this writing.
Race: Human
Height:5"9
Weight:110 lbs
Hair: Naturally, Akari has blonde hair, though often he will have it dyed a purple color.
Eyes: Akari first had blue eyes, but due to an unfortunate incident which he does not like to speak of, they are now purple.
Skin: Akari will wear make-up to make his skin appear white, however he is of caucasian decent.
Identifying Marks: When not covered, Akari can be identified by the black markings on both of his arms. His eyes usually give him away as well though, as well as his wine colored hair. Most times, if not all, he wears some shade of purple on his clothing.
Appearance: Akari is thin, with gaunt-like facial features due to his low weight and boney pysique.
Strengths: Due to serving the first 15 years of his life in slavery, Akari has a higher tolerance of pain then most common people do. Akari, though it may not be a strength persay, is also an avid writer of poetry, though he does not share that secret with many, given this habbit, he is also rather smart, and will often know at least a little bit about almost everything.
Weaknesses and fears: (My only weakness! Bullets!!! Sorry I couldn't resist.) Akari is just like any other human really, fragile when it comes to being crushed by heavy objects, not partial to being roasted over an open fire, and certainly not resistant to swords. He fears losing those who are close to him, and in an effort to stop it from happening, will often struggle to try to please everyone.
Religion and cults: When asked about his homeland of Elisania, Akari will sometimes make mention of what he calls "The Under Gods" though not saying much about them other then they are the supposed gods who rule over his homeland. He is also known to be quite fond of The Tree Of Souls, the tree known and worshipped mostly by dryads, as the center of all life.
Profession: Akari does not have an actual profession, so to speak, for the most part, he just goes by, day to day, living life as normal, dealing with friends, helping where he can, and giving all the money he does earn to the town in which he lives.

Backstory:
It's raining outside, in a mothers' arms a baby boy cries out for the first time. Family and friends gather around mother and son, congratulating her on a successful birth, and wishing for them both long life and happiness. "What shall be the boys' name?" a woman asks in the native tounge. "I think, I will call him, Akari, yes, oh yes, my little Akari, my sweet light." the mother says, smiling down at her new born son as she holds him in her arms.
But all good things must end eventually, and so it was that the man stormed in, cloak billowing in the wind, purpose in his step, a look of pure evil and intent upon his face. "You, woman! I demand that you hand that boy over to me at once! Else I shall have to take him." the man says quickly. His voice sounded of nails, each word like another sword being thrust through her as Sarene looked up at him in horror. From the crowd surrounding her, a man steps forth... "I don't know who yo-" the man is cut short, by a heavy hand, firmly gripping his throat, the people in the room can only watch as he chokes the life from the man, tossing him to the floor as though he were a toy.
"Need I repeat myself woman?" the man growls across the room. Sarene, now in tears, begins to beg the man to leave, "Please sir! I've not done anything to you! Why must you come here and steal my boy from me!? Please sir, I beg of you, do not take him!". The man eyes her, fire burning in his eyes, as if reflecting what lie in his soul, burning, infinite burning... "You almost touched me with that wench... Now hand over the boy, unless you want everyone in here to die." the man says, in a voice as calm as the roaring sea.
Sarene holds the now crying Akari as close to her as she can, trying to sheild the babe from this creature that sought to steal him away. "I'll give you nothing!!" She says, with the threatening fire of a mothers love in her voice. "You'll not have my son! You'll leave here with nothing, you foul creature!". The man simply stood there, uneffected, unwavering.
"So be it." these were the last words he spoke, before drawing his sword, killing anyone dared to stand in his way as he advanced toward the baby. Six would lose their lives, six would die before the man tore the babe from the struggling mothers's arms. Siz would die, before the man left, taking Akari with him, never to return to the village again.

It is fifteen years later, Akari, from the time he could walk, has been serving his cruel master his entire life. He has not known any comfort besides the whip he has come to expect every night, save Faien, a young dryad, who had stumbled upon the tower upon a day and encountered Akari going about his daily life. From the moment they met, the two had been good friends, Akari, would forget his duties, which came to be the cause of the whip every night, just to talk to Faien. Hours they would spend, hiding up on the mountain, talking back and forth about anything there was to talk about, often times simply staring out towards the horizon in silence, each thinking of venturing out, and discovering what the world had to offer.
Then there came the day, a day darker then any other that Akari had known, a day that Akari would trade 10 lifetimes of pain to take away. On this day, Akari and Faien, were to run, run far away from here, leaving behind the mountain atop which they had spent so many afternoons, away from the tower... They would, however, have no such luck as that which they needed to succeed. For many moons past, Akari's master had been aware of what he was up to. And for many moons past, he had been waiting for the right time to crush Akari's spirit, and destroy his will to fight. This, was that time.
"Akari, hurry up! Before he figures out you're gone!!" Faien whispered frantically, urging Akari to move faster so they might get out of there. "I'm trying Fai, I can't move as fast as I want or the scars will open up again, then we'll be nowhere besides trouble." Akari whispered back. Together the two would nearly make it. It was the last stretch of path before the mountain opened up into the forest. A straight shot, once they were in, Faien could simply cover all their tracks with her magic. It was then that they saw him...
The man stepped from the shadows, and stood completely still, his cold eyes tearing through them like knives. The young pair froze in terror, as he started towards them, intent in his step. "And where, did you think you were running off to with this little witch Akari?" asked the man almost calmly. Akari stood, fists clenched, silent, as he stare down the path at the man slowly approaching them. "Going to remains silent then? Oh, shame, you know I told you you're not aloud to leave the mountain, yet, here we are, right at the bottom, as if I had said!!! he growled at him.
"How dare you defy me, in such a manner, I'll make sure you don't forget this, you little pest!!". With that, the man drew his dagger, and with a single fluid motion, without so much as blinking, he drove it, deep into Faien. As the blade broke through on the other side, covering a now traumatized Akari in sap, he screamed. A scream, that broke the silence of the night, that called out to the land in a last desperate attempt, a scream, that would leave him without friend, or master.
He charged, wasting no time in what he did, ripping his dagger from it's sheath, and coming within arms length of the man in almost no time at all, and with a deadly accuracy, and surprising speed, drove the dagger right through where his masters heart would be, if he had one...

Faien lay dying, his master lay dead. He kneeled beside Faien, as she laying dying, he rested her head on his lap. "Fai, can you hear me!? Fai!? Damnit!! Don't die on me! Not now! He's gone! Look Fai! Look! We can go! We have to go!" over and over, Akari would beg her to live, beg her to speak, but she never did. Never again would Akari hear her voice. Never again, would he see her stand before him, or sit beside him on the mountain as they would watch the moon and stars give way to the sunrise.
And so he buried her, beneath a tree, just on the edge of the forest. He said no words, as he knew her soul would go to the Tree of Souls, he lay but one thing atop her grave. A flower, a black, crystal rose, inside was swirling purple smoke. With that he would leave, and for three years he would wonder, across the wide land of Elisania, through forests and mountains, across deserts, living off the land, learning the way of things, never stopping in towns for fear of what may happen. That was until, he met Merinia...

(In recognition that this single post is getting ridiculously long, I'll start a new post for the remainder of the story in the next post, for now I hope you enjoy this one!)

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Meeting Merinia:
On this day, the sun would shine bright, casting small shadows through the leave, creating the aura of a fairy tale across the land. On a day like this, all of Elisania would enjoy it, being a land of chaos and destruction, it was rare that any peace held for so long. And on this day, the couple sat, enjoy the company of one another, enjoy the warm feel of the sun. And on this day, Akari would find himself in one of the strangest situations he had ever come across...
He could smell the food, the warm, comforting scent of apple pie, the smell of a perfectly cooked turkey leg... The succulent smells made his mouth water, and he began to stumble over himself trying to locate the source of this amazing smell. His answer would come in the form of a picnic, a young couple, enjoying this fine day together. At first glance, it seemed simple to Akari, sneak up, grab the food, and if he was caught, run for his life. It was not a difficult task, he could manage it...
So he slowly began to creep forward, step by painfully slow step. Each moment he remained in the open, was a moment he could be caught, and then the food would be gone from his grasp. So in his haste he began to move ever so much faster, little by little he made his way toward the food. It seemed as if the couple were simply too distracted with each other to notice him. Carelessly thinking this would give him a better chance, he began to again, move faster.
The man was quick for his age, it must have been less than 5 seconds before the man had caught Akari's hand, thrown him to the ground, and had his sword drawn, pointed right at Akari. His chest pounding, Akari immediately began to apologize... "No sir please! My apologies! I ehh, I was just hungry sir! I promise, I'll leave here, I won't ever bother nobody again! On my life sir!" Akari quickly spouted in a desperate attempt to save his own life. "I'll have none of that from you boy! You are a thief and so shall you die as one!" And with that, the man raised his sword, and within seconds the blade was being brought down upon Akari...
"Wait!! Be still your blade husband!!" the woman shouted. Immediately, the man halted his blade, only inches from Akari's chest. "And why, Merinia, need I still my blade to a thief? He is of less than the common rabble, filth, if anything.". "Because husband, he is not less than common rabble, he is above it, observe for a moment if you will, the markings on his arms. This boy is no thief, he is a Lithean, a servant of Lilith." said Merinia, quite sure of herself. Akari quickly realizing what she was talking about, attempted to cover his arms, "Oh! No ma'am! I'm no Lithean, these marks were carved into my skin by my old master." said Akari, still scrambling to cover the marks. "And where is that master now boy? I'd expect masters like to take care of their slaves. Even ones who would go about stealing from kings." said the man, seeming to grow more agitated by the minute. "Dead... sir... For three years now." said Akari, just loud enough for the man to hear.
"You see husband? The boy is no thief. Do not strike him down, in fact, allow me to take him with me back to the castle. That I may feed and give him proper clothing." said Merinia, who was now standing beside her husband. "Very well, take your new pet and go, I'll catch up when I'm ready." retorted the king, angry at the prospect of having Akari in his home of all things...

(Most anyone who knows me ingame will know the rest of the story, however I'll make one final post with it later.)