Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alaia's story - taking the wrong turn to the right place

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Awww... Thank you!
And next time you put yourself down like that I might have to bite you.
Seriously!

matyio

The original mute
put myself down? erm... /me is confused. Must be my underdeveloped social skills not helping again.

Alailanible

Yes! Always talking about how you can't describe things or lack vocabulary. I read your profile, I know it's not true! :p
So yes, next time I'll bite you. Nom nom nom!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
People tell me I should write a book...

Next time i'm going to say to get some psychiatric treatment and look here instead.

matyio

The original mute
Yes! Always talking about how you can't describe things or lack vocabulary. I read your profile, I know it's not true! :p
So yes, next time I'll bite you. Nom nom nom!
but it is, my story took me hours to do simply because i had to spend ages thinking up the word, and my vocabulary is too limiting, i mean i keep forgetting to use to many of the words i know :D

Alailanible

Itzza, if you send them here I'll give them a cookie and then whisper in their ear: " now go pester Itzza until he writes a book". :p

Corey, you are once more too kind with your praise. Thank you.

Salsa and Matyio... I will have no fighting here! Now kiss and make up! *Alaila pushes their heads together*
And Salsa... it would be nice if you could start acting like the 21 year old you are supposed to be and let go of resentment. Accept the compliment, say thank you and move on.

matyio

The original mute
right, last forum post, possibly ever, so i just wanna say keep the good righting up alail, i really enjoy it.

Alailanible

Extreme mining

There are many mining styles. Some like to weave neat tunnels in search for that sparkle that will make a hard-work day worth it. Some like to explore caves, fighting spiders and skellies with one hand and wielding a pickaxe in the other. There are even some who like to be banished from this world by digging straight down to ore using black magic.
Me? I like to mine for iron and coal (coal is a cook's diamond) with a friend or a song.., but lately I have been forced to embrace a new style: I call it extreme mining...
Extreme mining is the art of digging while a ghost makes things explode around you, takes out your torches and tries to bury you in dirt.
If you then find out that the "ghost" is actually Shadowmalls, the evil mage then things get even more exciting.
Yes... nothing beats breaking stone while fearing for your life, not knowing if you will ever be able to see the light of day again. It really gives you that extra push to put your back into it.
This happened the other day. I was out with Lady Van, looking for a good place to bury our shovels when we started to hear scary explosions.
At first I thought it might be a family of creepers having a picnic nearby... but when arrows were shot in our direction I knew it had to be something else... creepers don't have little hands to use a bow, right?
We forgot all about being picky about where we would mine and ran to the closest mountain, thinking if we could get in a cave it would provide shelter from whatever was roaming outside.
As we ran, the torches in the road up ahead started to disappear one by one, allowing the night to swallow us.
We turned left and hurried to a rocky formation. When we finally managed to dig a shelter and close it off I was out of breath and I could hear my heart pounding in my head.
What was there outside and why was it so angry?
Lady Van was as calm as she always is. Nothing shakes her... She shrugged her shoulders and suggested that, since we where going to stay there for a while we might as well look for some coal.
I agreed. At least it would help take my mind of the sickening feel of being watched.
For a while it worked quite well. Lady Van was whistling a cheerful tune and I was happily digging out some iron when the first torch went out.
It was the wind - I though.
Then another. The hair behind my neck stood on end as I watched each torch that we placed give away their lights to make room for total darkness.
Lady Van grabbed my arm and commanded me to run. Good thing my legs heard her because my mind was just too busy crying out for mommy.
The torches she placed keept being shredded and somehow we got separated.
I looked around, a shaky hand holding a source of light. A tiny insane part of me noticed a coal vein to my right. And a even crazier part of my brain actually thought about getting the pickaxe out and take that coal with me but all bits and pieces stopped thinking about mining ores when dirt start appearing out of nowhere.
I'm sure my face was priceless as I watched the cave around me get smaller and smaller.
I was pushed against a wall and the last torched was blown out.
Was that a laugh if heard? Or was it a growl?
Lucky in my head something gave me a mental slap and I heard a voice that sounded suspiciously like my mother yelling at me for just standing there.
In no time I was by Lady Van's side, furiously digging up putting as much distance between us an the cave as we could.
As I crawled out of the whole he showed himself. It was no ghost. It was the necromancer having fun with a meek mortal.
His face was a mix between a charming smile and a snarl that made my blood run cold.
We ran to the road ahead. There was only one thought in my mind at this time: get to Uthrandir. Now!
In the opposite direction, running towards the danger was Sir Xen and sir Jinx. Were they out of their mind?
I gestured wildly, trying to make them turn around but apparently energy beings are not tormented by mortal fears... or common sense.
I have no idea how we all survive the encounter... but sir Shadowmalls seemed to get bored with the game and after nearly destroying Sir Xen's body he left.
The body re-constructed itself and sir Xen stood there, eyes sparkling with the excitement of the fight, almost looking disappointed that sir Shadowmalls had mercifully let us run away.
We traveled to Uthrandir in silence. Everyone had something on their minds.
Sir Xen looked sad.
Sir Jinx looked worried.
I was still trying to stop shaking.
And Van... well, lady Van looked like she was just thinking something along the lines of "curse that dark mage.. I only got half a stack of iron because of him!"

matyio

The original mute
And Van... well, lady Van looked like she was just thinking something along the lines of "curse that dark mage.. I only got half a stack of iron because of him!"
thats my favourite ending so far. also like the use of the word re-construct, thats exactly the type of thing i'd use to describe it.

Alailanible

So, I'm a lady now? Mom would be proud...

I was running for the boat, a bag of coal in one hand, a bag of apples in the other and a mouthful of bread when sir Lars called me.
- Alaila, do you have a moment? I need to speak to you.
One does not simple say to sir Lars "oh I'm sorry, sir, but my mouth is full so you'll have to wait a bit". No, I nodded, bowed as low as I possibly could and looked at him, keeping my mouth carefully shut.
He started to tell me how it had come to the attention of the Altera's court my role in Uthrandir and how sir Bellon had spoken highly of me and my cooking and something else I can't quite remember because I was getting quite worried about the bread that was still in my mouth.
Should I chew on it?
Should I swallow it whole?
Should I just keep my mouth shut and nod if he asked something?
-...and that is why I would like to invite you to the court.
I noticed that last piece of conversation and as it slammed against my mind I choked on the bread, coughing loudly, gasping for air.
Sir Lars grinned, patting me on the back.
-Now, now.. no need to get all choked up about it. We are confident you are worthy of being a king's hand if you choose to accept the title.
Something in the end of that sentence made me think he was just to nice to add a " and if you are not we'll just chop of your head and be done with it".
He looked at me, expecting me to react to the news.
How do you react to something like that?
I was deeply honored. I was happy. I was as scared as if I was just been told to go barefooted to the nether. I was expecting him to just laugh, point at me and say something like "ah.. fooled you! I'm just joking, lass!".
He did no such thing. he just tilted his head and continued looking at me. Waiting. Oh may.. waiting! I was making sir Lars... *the* sir Lars wait for an answer. Great start!
I immediately started rambling about how thankful I was, that I would be glad to be able to help, that I really felt blessed for having them bestowing me with such honor.
I was still halfway through my rambling when he turned around and said: "Follow me to the throne room".
I'm sure the ceremony was lovely, too bad I don't remember most of it. That's how nervous I was.
There was flowers raining from the ceiling and people congratulating me. I remember hugging a lot of people. Maybe some against their will.
It all ended in the dinning hall at Uthrandir with a ball.
Food and dance, that's the way all big events should end.
At the end of it sir Shadow approached me and asked very politely if I knew anyhing about the ways of the court.
I am a cook... no... i did not know of the ways of the court. I expected him to laugh at me but he offered to teach me.
That is a man of patience, I tell you. He kindly explained me everything I needed to know and how I should act.
I owe him my gratitude and my sanity for I fear i would go insane worrying about taking a wrong step in my new place.
Not long after I received a letter from sir Itzza, explaining me in writing what sir Shadow had showed me, making sure I had something to look at if I forgot. Such kindness... taking the time from his busy life to make sure I would not feel lost.
The next day sir Bellon asked me to join him at the tower.
I put together his lunch and hurried upstairs, anxious to talk with him for a while.
- I have something for you, lass - he told me handing me a small shinny object. - It was made by sir Lars himself and I want you to have it.
He told me that the object contained a very useful magic. If turned one way it would make me appear next to the person I was thinking of. If turned another way it would bring that person to me.
He told me that now that I was a king's hand I might need such thing seeing that I do not possess any magic of my own.
What I really think he meant was something along the lines of " by Harateth lass, you cannot keep getting lost and arriving three days late if you are called to fulfill your duties as a King's Hand!".
-That trinket has some power to it, so keep it safe and use it wisely. - he added, with a stern face before breaking into a smile and announcing " now, food!".
I'm still getting used to my new "shoes" and so far I haven't really feel that life is all that different from before. I'm still the same Alaila... but I must admit that in moments like this I miss my family. I miss being able to run home and tell my mother about it or hearing the wise words my father had to say.
I even miss the way my brothers would have taunted me, asking me things like " if you are the king's hand do you have to scratch his back when he gets itchy?".
Will I ever see them again?

Alailanible

I told van to give you my note. Hope you get it. (Can itz be in your next post?)...

(Plz?)
OKTHXBAI!
I would think about it if you had asked with proper words.
Itz, Plz and okthxbai are not in the little dictionary I keep by my side and they drain me from my faith in the human race.
Now I will go cry in the corner.