Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alaia's story - taking the wrong turn to the right place

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Okay! Shadowmalls, sir, you are in the story as well as of now. :)
Matyio, I'll be working on getting sir Xen in next.

Anyone else wants in? :)

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
Okay! Shadowmalls, sir, you are in the story as well as of now. :)
Matyio, I'll be working on getting sir Xen in next.

Anyone else wants in? :)
I never asked as I hoped I would inspire you enough through our RP moments that you would something write yourself about us.. Now that it seems not to be the case, only one possibility remains....

ME, ME, ME! pick me!!

Alailanible

Auxilium, I'm a bit shy as to add people in without knowing for sure they are okay with that. I'm always afraid to interfere with someone else RP so I rather ask first. That way I can bug you about the plans you have for Sir Aux and you can't complain because you were the one who volunteered. :p

Itzza... there was no need for puppy eyes, but you get an extra bone for them.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
Auxilium, I'm a bit shy as to add people in without knowing for sure they are okay with that. I'm always afraid to interfere with someone else RP so I rather ask first. That way I can bug you about the plans you have for Sir Aux and you can't complain because you were the one who volunteered. :p

Itzza... there was no need for puppy eyes, but you get an extra bone for them.
The point is that I am really interested on how you see me as a "person"
Hopefully you can inspire me as well by doing that. I mean that in the end your character
will always have a different view then my character has on itself.

matyio

The original mute
this should be... interesting, xen is... wierd. I mean he's a war criminal that isn't. (in other words he has an evil side that did the stuff, and a good side that didn't)

Alailanible

See why I'm scared to write about him. I'm almost sure I'll mess it up somehow lol. You'll have to read it as being Alaila's interpretation of Xen, and not any facts about the guy, okay?

matyio

The original mute
you can't mess this up, its a journal in the style of rp, not something to get the facts right about.

Alailanible

Itzza, I think it would be fun to write about your trading business. Do you think one of these days Alaila I can tag along with you?

Matyio, then you can complain if Alaila actually thinks sir Xen is a fluffy blob of a really old guy-god. :p

matyio

The original mute
thats what alaila thinks, he'll still moan about it in game but not on here, cause hey, its your profile not mine.

Alailanible

Us, humans...

I met sir Xen in the first couple of days I've been here.
He took me to place that I can't say it was Ravensnest because it's a secret and he showed me something that I cannot talk about because I promise I wouldn't. So, even though I really want to tell you all how breathtaking was the trip to the underground city and how truly wondrous it is, I can't as I have been sworn to secrecy. Sorry.
At first I thought sir Xen was a pirate. A very nice pirate. Actually, all the pirates I have met so far are nice people. The Queen of pirates gave me cookies... you can't get any nicer, can you?
As a pirate I would expect him to spend a lot more time traveling the seas and a lot less time saving my ... hum.. skin. You see, sir Xen would always happen to run into me when I was in the middle of nowhere, completely lost and contemplating digging a whole and spending the rest of my days hiding from creepers inside of it.
The explanation came soon enough. He was no pirate.. he wasn't even human. He was an energy being and if you are anything like me you are thinking " ahh.. how interesting, but what by a bunny's fluffy tail does that mean?".
I still don't get it... but I know he is really (r-e-a-l-l-y) old and that his mind seems to reach everything at once if he so wishes. I also know that he is part of a larger being, even older.
Moral of the story: when I bake sir Xen a birthday cake, I'm not going to put any candles on it because I would burn the whole of Altera trying to do so.
He told me one day that his role here was to study humans. Well, I have been a certified human all my life so I volunteer to help him. The first thing that he asked was " what does it feel like... having a heart?".
I told him of all the wonderful things our human heart gives us. Compassion, happiness, love. I left out a nasty detail, simply because I had not experienced it at that time: heartbreak.
When you hear about it you don't expect it to be as literal. At least I was not prepared to actually feel like mine had exploded in a million sharp pieces, each of them stabbing me as they crumbled.
When Kai got his memories back and we left Uthrandir there were moments when I wished I had no heart so I could stop feeling the way I felt as I watched him slowly slip into shadow, every bit of the Kai I knew and loved disappearing each day.
I clang to the hope that if we went back to Uthrandir everything would be better but when that shattered I was a coward and ran in the opposite direction, giving him the final push into darkness.
I know I was the one extinguishing the last flickering light in his soul.
As I gave him back our engagement ring he let go of his sanity for good.
I thank the stars for sir Bellon's watchful eye. He was able to step in and even though the Kai we knew was gone, he saved is essence in a new man, his mind wiped clean and his life a brand new book.
I can only wish him well and hope he finds happiness and peace as we take a completely different role in echother's lives.
He believes he is the brother of the man I was to marry and that apparently makes me his sister. I slipped comfortably into that role and I can't help to think that this world has a sense of humor because just a few weeks after I gained a step-brother I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to face Adam.
Do you know the feeling of being awake but experiencing a reality that is so surreal that you try to convince yourself you are surely dreaming? That's how I felt looking into my brother's face.
Not in a million years did I dream of casually bumping into him at the market. But there he was. Very quiet. Unusually quiet. Adam was always such a loud mouth that it made everything even more...odd.
He handed me a journal and I read it. I was dumbstruck. My brother had joined a monastery and had taken a vow of silence before setting out into the world to find me.
I immediately dragged him to Uthrandir, anxious to show him everything I loved about my new life.
So I guess at the end of the day, if ever sir Xen asks me again if a heart is a good thing to have I will smile and nod because as I introduced my brother to my friends I realized that it was my heart that allowed me to turn into family even those who did not pull my hair as I was growing up.

matyio

The original mute
/me is speechless, though whether thas because there are no words to describe how good a writer he considers alail (and salsa when his pieces make sense, which it will now) is or because his vocalbulary is too limited for him is another question.