Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alteran Folklore, Figures, & Songs

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hello all.

There was a thread similar to this some time back, but I do not recall the title in order to search it. And so here we are. I have created a character named Eudora who is a performer. An actor, a poet, a singer. In short, she is a bard.

In my quest for this character, I aim to write folk songs, epic poetry about Alteran Events, and short fables. Perhaps as a way to put my useless English Literature degree to use. Either she has written it herself, or perhaps she's quoting "old and long dead poets."

So what I am asking of you is this:

• Who are some figures you think Alterans would sing songs about?
  • What are some events that people would write about?
  • Any myths and fables you think are significant?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
223hero7 used to have a bard character, and AFAIK invented his own songs, so he probably has some input for you.

As for some figures, Tybalt and Arthorius are pretty famous (arguably closer to infamous) for trying to murder each other for years, if you're looking specifically for player figures and not event figures like Grief, and there's Archbishop Elias who is considered the founder of a new religion and got possessed by one god to fight another god. For other factions, Axex as leader of Hawklight is pretty legendary, and Freya in Lonmar, although I don't know enough to provide details.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Lel just take Greek myths about the Gods
And alter them to our use

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I'd probably say Scardrac, Gelyk, Basil, Turik, Leminth, Albareth, Eminu, and Archaeus. Whether they're popular for good or bad reasons doesn't really matter, they're still characters that Alterans would probably sing about.

As far as myths go, something about the Vyres or Spirit Blessed(I think they were called) would probably be an easy bet.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
and Freya in Lonmar, although I don't know enough to provide details.
I'd argue that Draco has more historical fame than Freya and more personal achievement at the moment.

All the legacy characters probably hold degrees of fame from minor to major.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I'd argue that Draco has more historical fame than Freya and more personal achievement at the moment.

All the legacy characters probably hold degrees of fame from minor to major.
i don't count people who are famous for spawning in items to cheat at an event

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Pls Albareth got most of the server banded to bring him down, still got away with it and retired.

The Legend never dies.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Pls Albareth got most of the server banded to bring him down, still got away with it and retired.

The Legend never dies.
I'd probably say Scardrac, Gelyk, Basil, Turik, Leminth, Albareth, Eminu, and Archaeus. Whether they're popular for good or bad reasons doesn't really matter, they're still characters that Alterans would probably sing about.

As far as myths go, something about the Vyres or Spirit Blessed(I think they were called) would probably be an easy bet.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
My friend you assume that I read back through the thread. :heart:

Also let's think... to your list I'd add Legion, Polo (stopped the flooding of the world, that's something to be remembered by! ;o), Abbey (Syrien Queen), Sally, Vorar, obviously the Immortal Kings (Cherbert, Sherbzz, Ducatii, Steel, Aug etc. But they're not really common knowledge), Deadpress (Leader of the largest bandit faction in Altera), Lathan, Tzemik, Kuthian and I can't think of anyone else atm.

Edit: GOD I FORGOT QUEEN GRIEF AND TAVISH