Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Alteran Folklore, Figures, & Songs

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
The old guild had a legand about the first thief king named dust said to be the first to ever inspire common to rise against its nobles.

The story was told a bunch of different ways but the theme was always the many below needent suffer the few above.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Well, one thing to note is that you'll get different songs from different races about different types of characters.

Dwarves could sing about the hardest workers or the fiercest warriors, whether they won or not, and in terms of hard working, I'm sure Thordil would be on there. (Jazzper )
Humans would probably sing about the winning soldiers that did the most work, so there would probably be a good number of songs about Anhald warriors, maybe even a few about Sif, though there would certainly be a song or two of how he was finally beaten.
Elves... I'm not too sure about this one, part of me wants to say that elves would sing more about the world around them then the people living in it, but this is me speaking from the generic elf view... I think Silver elves would have more songs about their own heritage, the world they used to be in, the great tales of old... Wood elves would have stories about the world that they live in, the hardships they may have to face, or the few elves that stood up for their kind possibly? Moor elves would probably just have songs about their own people, given how solitary they used to be.
Could also have Sooleran songs, and those would probably be more aesop's fables kinda sounding, given that it's the kind of song you could use to entertain crowds in different towns, even if the tune isn't to someone's pleasure, a good story always leaves an audience wanting more and be more willing to part with their coin

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
My character considers himself a storyteller IC and could probably tell a story or two.
(He doesn't really have many stories about other people, but he can recall events that happened.)

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Scary stories baiut old queen gried and her evil
Stories of the kings that saved us
Marcus helix stories
Wild arduin would be anohter
Draco lonmar the first king
Queen lemith
The final battle agsinst queen grief a saga
Crown wars stories and songs.
Destruciton of protsilver
Sally the pirate queen and her adventures with the cuddly kraken in there was a book of that somewhere in cutthroat cove icly lol
Canr think of anything else

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Tavish. Tavish. Tavish. Tavish. Tavish.

I have such a mad love for Cubeydoom. Gah!

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Y'all going way too deep into the past, keep it simple~

King peter, a tight ruler with an appetite for conquest.
Athorius Lavoyard, the now gone emperor of a religious empire.
Tzemik, magic cat lady, got thrown of a cliff and survived.
Illthilior, horny PTSD.
Sif, buff zealous PTSD.
Nylarii, spicy jungle explorer.
Nw0lme, not so spicy tophat magic.
San, the cross dressing heathen elf™.
Any of the gods or elementals.
Clain, the dude who made us unleash Armageddon.
Whoever the dude was who rode dragons.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
+ Undead defence outposts; Motte Adler with Anhald and the group at Eventine, Azerport, then the last bigger one at Torsomme after warhorns drew the horde
+ Stories of Kraken, Giant Crabs, horrific storms, and Gryphons - For those on the voyages to new lands
+ Seige/Battle of Breakwater
+ Shoreless
+ The flooding of the old lands ('flooding')
+ Heavens Reach and the strict checking for infection / Locking away the infected on Whiterock
+ Eyes of Silas and the mysterious DEATH OF EVERYONE (except a few)
+ 'The Dogs'
+ The Reclamation of Azerport ('bandits dyin' errywhere')
+ The Lost Expedition (Veilmere, lots of bodies and nasty jungle things)
+ That memory capsule in Thiil
+ Dwarven Coronation of King Erik

(Bonus: Ghost of Niah Kane in Queensport palace...... )

after a while i just went through some of the events this year, thats for more recent things : )

Last edited:

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
shattering of the crown from queen lemith
Bloody coin tails: Baron Kyro
The sacking of Salts ridge by pirates.
The arctuiran empire rise and fall.
The confilicts between Marr and Lavoyard.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Y'all going way too deep into the past, keep it simple~

King peter, a tight ruler with an appetite for conquest.
Athorius Lavoyard, the now gone emperor of a religious empire.
Tzemik, magic cat lady, got thrown of a cliff and survived.
Illthilior, horny PTSD.
Sif, buff zealous PTSD.
Nylarii, spicy jungle explorer.
Nw0lme, not so spicy tophat magic.
San, the cross dressing heathen elf™.
Any of the gods or elementals.
Clain, the dude who made us unleash Armageddon.
Whoever the dude was who rode dragons.
Except, you know, history really isn't simple.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
+ Undead defence outposts; Motte Adler with Anhald and the group at Eventine, Azerport, then the last bigger one at Torsomme after warhorns drew the horde
+ Stories of Kraken, Giant Crabs, horrific storms, and Gryphons - For those on the voyages to new lands
+ Seige/Battle of Breakwater
+ Shoreless
+ The flooding of the old lands ('flooding')
+ Heavens Reach and the strict checking for infection / Locking away the infected on Whiterock
+ Eyes of Silas and the mysterious DEATH OF EVERYONE (except a few)
+ 'The Dogs'
+ The Reclamation of Azerport ('bandits dyin' errywhere')
+ The Lost Expedition (Veilmere, lots of bodies and nasty jungle things)
+ That memory capsule in Thiil
+ Dwarven Coronation of King Erik

(Bonus: Ghost of Niah Kane in Queensport palace...... )

after a while i just went through some of the events this year, thats for more recent things : )

I am of being mentioned THRICE c:

Uncray

Lord of Altera
I seem to remember that disease that once went round which made people have crazy hallucinations

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Gotta keep it simple for the younglings ~
Surely you'd want the opposite. I understand simplifying the basics, but this is history stuff we're talking about, this is where you get the meat of the lore, not why copper doesn't exist (which is idiotic by the way, can I just add). The world is built by those who build it. Go back in history, you'll probably find someone pretty famous for every century until I'd say 11th century. And Altera is built on hope. Ever since its start its people were running. In a society like that champions who do the opposite are praised as the heroes, their legends would be spoken about a lot.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Surely you'd want the opposite. I understand simplifying the basics, but this is history stuff we're talking about, this is where you get the meat of the lore, not why copper doesn't exist (which is idiotic by the way, can I just add). The world is built by those who build it. Go back in history, you'll probably find someone pretty famous for every century until I'd say 11th century. And Altera is built on hope. Ever since its start its people were running. In a society like that champions who do the opposite are praised as the heroes, their legends would be spoken about a lot.
Well, these are just folk songs. I'm not writing history books. If I did, it'd be on a different character. Folk songs tend to be a bit loose and a bit simple.