Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Althalos | The Misunderstood

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Nope, it was not broken.
I remember that I consented to light injury due to the fact that I hadn't done anything to provoke Wulfric, and it was settled that the jaw would not be broken because of that.
You can't just void consent and inflict major damage because 'that's how your character acts'.
You've had this problem before too, mokwar told you he didn't like this RP but you kept at it because 'I can't change the way my character acts'.
you stabbed a man, that's beyond just violent my dood

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I experienced some OOC frustration, but ended up following the consequences.
Do not want to partake further in the discussion :)

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
The stabbing resulted in Alth's hand being broken.
then you're consenting to injury in general

just because the laws of the state mean one thing right, doesn't mean the prior is something to not consider

for instance I go into a region, break their laws, thieve and stuff, right, I get my hand chopped off, I'm not gonna be mad

but if that person I stole from catches me stealing before the guards do their worst to me, I'm not going to be mad at whatever the owner whom I stole from, I consent to it with my actions

and hammering someone with a hammer is going to break something, am sorry

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
To be honest Althalos, I'm not sure how your character will ever be the same after these injuries. I'm surprised he hasn't died from infection of the wounds or just blood loss in general. But that would not very fun to RP out, I understand that, but I think you're character would be in a lot of pain for a very long time, probably more than just a few OOC days. A bullet to the shoulder could do tremendous life impairing damage and that's with modern technology to treat it. In the medieval world, the crossbow to the shoulder would probably stop you from moving that shoulder for a long time, maybe even your whole life. I'm not too informed about the medical field but I think you're character is going to need a lot of OOC days and IC years to recover.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
then you're consenting to injury in general

just because the laws of the state mean one thing right, doesn't mean the prior is something to not consider

for instance I go into a region, break their laws, thieve and stuff, right, I get my hand chopped off, I'm not gonna be mad

but if that person I stole from catches me stealing before the guards do their worst to me, I'm not going to be mad at whatever the owner whom I stole from, I consent to it with my actions

and hammering someone with a hammer is going to break something, am sorry
I am and was fine with whatever injuries Alth got due to the stabbing, and I RPed then correctly.

To be honest Althalos, I'm not sure how your character will ever be the same after these injuries. I'm surprised he hasn't died from infection of the wounds or just blood loss in general. But that would not very fun to RP out, I understand that, but I think you're character would be in a lot of pain for a very long time, probably more than just a few OOC days. A bullet to the shoulder could do tremendous life impairing damage and that's with modern technology to treat it. In the medieval world, the crossbow to the shoulder would probably stop you from moving that shoulder for a long time, maybe even your whole life. I'm not too informed about the medical field but I think you're character is going to need a lot of OOC days and IC years to recover.
The crossbow's bolt was actually hindered a bit due to the armor he was wearing- hence it not being /too/ harmful.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
I am and was fine with whatever injuries Alth got due to the stabbing, and I RPed then correctly.

The crossbow's bolt was actually hindered a bit due to the armor he was wearing- hence it not being /too/ harmful.
Mail would almost do very little to stop a crossbow bolt. If you were in proper plating, then I could agree.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
I thought Althalos hated armor. Althalos listened to Brutus for once :D.

But yeah, if you were in proper plating, the crossbow wouldn't have done anything to you. But it all depends on the armor you were wearing or if the plates properly covered you.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
a bolt pressed up against the weakest part of plate might dent it

the only bow going through plate is a ballista
*Shrug*
Don't want to be attacked by an angry horde of players calling "powergame, powergame!"

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
If I may, the plate that Alth was using had no description of it at all other than 'hellish chest plate' so both parties did not know what shoulder protection would be. We both agreed that there would be basic shoulder protection there like chain which is why the bolt went through. That injury was properly fixed by Niko and is now at the will of time to heal which would be significant (more than a few OOC days).

Now, by my count this argument has stretched for a little over two pages. I suggest that if there is still more to discuss it should be taken to a private conversation rather than posted here on his own character's thread.