Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Anime

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I watched Future Diary finally. It was good enough I wrote a review up in the same vein I did with Erased. I am unsure if I should post it or not.

That said in short was definitely worth the watch.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I've not watched anime in a decent while now (for my normal levels of consumption anyways), and I'm in dire need of some great comedy anime. Has anything good come up in the last year or so comedy wise? I don't mean an anime with some comedy in it like every shonen-jump adventure anime, but where comedy is the frontal focus.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I've not watched anime in a decent while now (for my normal levels of consumption anyways), and I'm in dire need of some great comedy anime. Has anything good come up in the last year or so comedy wise? I don't mean an anime with some comedy in it like every shonen-jump adventure anime, but where comedy is the frontal focus.
Are you looking for a serious like 30 min per episode anime or is a series of shorts good? Because if you like anime shorts "I don't understand what my husband is saying" is pretty good and the entire series both seasons can be watched in like an hour.

Edit: Normal lengthy comedy about 2 years old but Barakamon is really good.

Last edited:

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
Berserk is tomorrow... cant wait for dreamcast level CG...
(warning noodity and blood and guts and blood and guts and blood and guts and...)

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend

well i watched it... I expected nothing and I was still disappointed. The Berserk video game on the PS2 has better looking CG. Plus they skip past important arcs from the manga, including the scene that explains what Guts' goal is, I dont how the fuck they think people who arnt already pretty familiar with Berserk are going to be able to watch this and understand whats going on.

Nothing would have been better.

Last edited:

Spark

Broken
Finished Tokyo Ghoul Season 2. It went by so fast ;-;

It's now joint first with FMA: Brotherhood as my favourite so far.

The ending really didn't help.
IS HE DEAD OR NOT DAMNIT!??!!?
Also no romance between Kaneki and Touka, whypls

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Finished Tokyo Ghoul Season 2. It went by so fast ;-;

It's now joint first with FMA: Brotherhood as my favourite so far.

The ending really didn't help.
IS HE DEAD OR NOT DAMNIT!??!!?
Also no romance between Kaneki and Touka, whypls
Thats because its set up for the actual second part in the manga. Like the anime literally stops halfway through the series. Kaneki is supposed to get amnesia start working for the humans, then start getting his memory back slowly.

Spark

Broken
Thats because its set up for the actual second part in the manga. Like the anime literally stops halfway through the series. Kaneki is supposed to get amnesia start working for the humans, then start getting his memory back slowly.
I thought it was a separate storyline completely in the manga and S2 was completely split off. I heard something about the amnesia thing when I was looking for info on S3. However every website that says "TOKYO GHOUL SEASON 3 RELEASE DATE OO OO CLICK ME CLICK ME" Just drags on forever and never actually tells you anything about the release date >.>

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Apparently Danganronpa gets TWO Animes this season.

For one a Prequel to the second game(starting thursday I think) for the other a SEQUEL to the second game, which will end the story. (Yes they will run paralell).

A few words to the sequel since it already started here is a prediction:
One of the girls will turn out to actually be the villian from Season I

(Really you just have to look at her from the side to see the resemblance...) Either that or its Kirigiri this time cause she'd make a good villian for sure lol

The second game not getting an anime is because the athor thinks it wouldn't make a good anim, while DR III wouldn't make a good game.

Personal opinion: Don't add needless clues and remove others from the anime and viola its a somewhat decent detective mystery...

Random pic of the cast I found via google btw If you saw the first anime or played the game you already know the first 4 characters.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
ReLIFE was surprisingly good. Slice of Life comedy. Very similar to Erased with less murder mystery. If you like Slice of life high school comedies you'll love this show. If you hate them well probably stay away.

Plot basically boils down to a guy without a job in his mid/late twenties gets a magic science pill that makes him appear like he's in high school again and instead of marketing this for the literal trillions of dollars it would net Japan. The government uses it as as part of a program to rehabilitate these no lifers by throwing them into high school again. He is to spend a year learning to re engage with the world on a meaningful level after which he'll be offered a job if successful.

Its is in desperate need of a second season though as they do a big reveal that you can probably guess on the last episode but you are also left wondering how that said reveal works.

Spark

Broken
ReLIFE was surprisingly good. Slice of Life comedy. Very similar to Erased with less murder mystery. If you like Slice of life high school comedies you'll love this show. If you hate them well probably stay away.

Plot basically boils down to a guy without a job in his mid/late twenties gets a magic science pill that makes him appear like he's in high school again and instead of marketing this for the literal trillions of dollars it would net Japan. The government uses it as as part of a program to rehabilitate these no lifers by throwing them into high school again. He is to spend a year learning to re engage with the world on a meaningful level after which he'll be offered a job if successful.

Its is in desperate need of a second season though as they do a big reveal that you can probably guess on the last episode but you are also left wondering how that said reveal works.

I'm in the middle of watching this at the moment :D I like.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm in the middle of watching this at the moment :D I like.
Tipp watch it as soon as you can (all episodes are already out) - they were wise enough when releasing it that people would have dropped it around EP 7 if it was a weekly release :heh:
Nevertheless I liked it.
Hope it gets a second season sometime as the story is far from over.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I love SAO think fanboys/girls overhype it and haters give it too much salt. In general this is my response to SAO haters n lovers.