Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Archeology sites

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Heya!

I was having another RP idea. But it needs some questions answered.
It is based on an event I hosted earlier this year, where I let people dig up treasures and bones in the sorrows.

The idea is to create possible archeological sites in people's regions. For those who like it.
Very much like I did with the packman quests: Preparing quests in the regions of those who volunteered them.

Just this time I prepare an archeological site. This envelops putting things under the ground and then covering it up with dirt, leaving only a hidden indication that there might be something more than meets the eye.

Hopefully some adventurer will find the site and word will reach a scholar-type of character or actual archeologists, who will then be able to have an hour or more worth of fun RP, digging up the remains of history.
Or it can be region specified, where only the members of the region will get a chance to dig it up. You may call that a "private region-event" if you like.

The problem with this is that I do not know what I am allowed to put under the ground and what not.

I'm pretty sure I can't just go ahead and think of things myself.
I'm putting this thread out here for two purposes:

1. Get the attention from those who are able to answer the question what I can put in the ground. Perhaps get into a private conversation with them. (or whether I can host such things at all. I can see reasons to tell me not to host it)
  2. Get a general idea if people are digging this idea (pun intended) and would actual spend time RPing the things I might prepare.
So let me know what you think! :D

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Heya!

I was having another RP idea. But it needs some questions answered.
It is based on an event I hosted earlier this year, where I let people dig up treasures and bones in the sorrows.

The idea is to create possible archeological sites in people's regions. For those who like it.
Very much like I did with the packman quests: Preparing quests in the regions of those who volunteered them.

Just this time I prepare an archeological site. This envelops putting things under the ground and then covering it up with dirt, leaving only a hidden indication that there might be something more than meets the eye.

Hopefully some adventurer will find the site and word will reach a scholar-type of character or actual archeologists, who will then be able to have an hour or more worth of fun RP, digging up the remains of history.
Or it can be region specified, where only the members of the region will get a chance to dig it up. You may call that a "private region-event" if you like.

The problem with this is that I do not know what I am allowed to put under the ground and what not.

I'm pretty sure I can't just go ahead and think of things myself.
I'm putting this thread out here for two purposes:

1. Get the attention from those who are able to answer the question what I can put in the ground. Perhaps get into a private conversation with them. (or whether I can host such things at all. I can see reasons to tell me not to host it)
  2. Get a general idea if people are digging this idea (pun intended) and would actual spend time RPing the things I might prepare.
So let me know what you think! :D
You'd have to ask the lore team what was in the new world before people, as it would have had to have been inhabited by other beings for a long while for there to be actual archaeological sites. I really do like the idea, though. If you have any questions about the archaeology in general (not pertaining to what the staff has to be involved in) I would be happy to help. I grew up with two archaeologists as parents and spent much of my childhood being toted around in backpacks to different sites (and bone sorting and the like). I think I have a pretty good idea about it in general, when you take out the lore aspect that staff have to deal with. Just poke me if you have any questions. c:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Damn it. Was going to suggest human remains-- But Smurf just reminded me we might possibly be the first humans.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
and here I am thinking how awesome Tambry would have been for this cause we literally built over an entire village of human eating halflings

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
You'd have to ask the lore team what was in the new world before people, as it would have had to have been inhabited by other beings for a long while for there to be actual archaeological sites. I really do like the idea, though. If you have any questions about the archaeology in general (not pertaining to what the staff has to be involved in) I would be happy to help. I grew up with two archaeologists as parents and spent much of my childhood being toted around in backpacks to different sites (and bone sorting and the like). I think I have a pretty good idea about it in general, when you take out the lore aspect that staff have to deal with. Just poke me if you have any questions. c:
oh impressive! I'll be sure to send you a message if /when this gets through.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Att! I support this idea and, if staff gives the ok, I say feel free to plant some stuff in Uronwall once it's set up, hopefully we dig it up quickly or we're not very good miners XD

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Att! I support this idea and, if staff gives the ok, I say feel free to plant some stuff in Uronwall once it's set up, hopefully we dig it up quickly or we're not very good miners XD
THE IDEA IS NOT TO DO IT QUICKLY

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
:D Thanks for the positive feedback, people. I'll update you all once I got word from staff.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I think his point was Archeology is slow as a prerequisite. Moving fast will break artifacts make you miss stuff and then no one knows anything about them. Especially if you destroy the artifacts.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
It made me cringe too and I'm just a history buff. XD
considering the fact that i live with 200+ full animal skeletons in my home and that i know how often things get broken it shouldn't bug me but.... it does.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Hey, Pirate, I'll try to have a thread on Archaeology up in the Official Lore section by the end of the week, then around that time I'll give you more specific details on what's possible in these sorts of events so that you can decide whether or not you'd prefer a staff DM or just to work from those guidelines.