Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Archeology sites

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
Heya!

I was having another RP idea. But it needs some questions answered.
It is based on an event I hosted earlier this year, where I let people dig up treasures and bones in the sorrows.

The idea is to create possible archeological sites in people's regions. For those who like it.
Very much like I did with the packman quests: Preparing quests in the regions of those who volunteered them.

Just this time I prepare an archeological site. This envelops putting things under the ground and then covering it up with dirt, leaving only a hidden indication that there might be something more than meets the eye.

Hopefully some adventurer will find the site and word will reach a scholar-type of character or actual archeologists, who will then be able to have an hour or more worth of fun RP, digging up the remains of history.
Or it can be region specified, where only the members of the region will get a chance to dig it up. You may call that a "private region-event" if you like.

The problem with this is that I do not know what I am allowed to put under the ground and what not.

I'm pretty sure I can't just go ahead and think of things myself.
I'm putting this thread out here for two purposes:

1. Get the attention from those who are able to answer the question what I can put in the ground. Perhaps get into a private conversation with them. (or whether I can host such things at all. I can see reasons to tell me not to host it)
  2. Get a general idea if people are digging this idea (pun intended) and would actual spend time RPing the things I might prepare.
So let me know what you think! :D
I like this idea for the sheer fact that the lore team and the staff members, and those that help make these events, can really give us an idea of what happened before we settled the new world. It could show not just good items, but maybe creatures that roamed the land but went into hiding, perhaps religious artifacts that give an idea of certain belief systems within the new world that we do not share, things like that. That being said, it could lead to other events possible where we try to find and discover the history behind such objects, rather than just finding and wielding them.