Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bethany Stoner re do [Declined- Paint]

Camryn

Villager
About You!
1. What is your Minecraft username
?
My minecraft username is camegg
2. How old are you?
I am 16 years old
3. What country are you from?
I live in the U.S.A
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
yes I have
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when the rules impact the way you play in a big way, and powergaming is when the decisions you make decide on how the game is played.
Mega gaming is when the rules affect the game in a big way, and power gaming is when the decisions u make determine how u do in the future. So these both help when it comes to roleplay6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?N
No. Cause I mean its a roleplay server.
7. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
I am a cross country runner, and I love reading books and board games. I also l0ve medieval stuff like lord of the rings.
8. Do you have any examiples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)
I can run a mile in 6 minutes
9. Did anyone refer you?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)no
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Bethany Stoner
Character Age:
(Simple enough!)
She is 18 years old
Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
She is a lore elf
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
She is a elf a small elf, with tiny sharp ears. She has blonde hair, with a little tan tint to her skin.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)
View attachment 72373
Written Test!
Once apon a time in a land far far away. Lived a elf family the stone family, they were the happiest family, there daughter Bethany was just born and they could never be happier. Until a bad forest fire happened in there village, Bethany's mom sadly died. Bethany and her dad moved to Hollow Land, she grew up with her dad learning how to hunt and use a bow. She turned into a tomboy slowly as she grew up, she wasn't like the other girls in the village. She liked hunting and shooting her bow her dad gave her when she turned 13. She usually hanged out with Lily her neighbor who is just like her they always have bow and arrow competitions. One day her dad told her how her mom actually died she was shocked, she would go in her room and cry for days. The things that calm her down were going horseback riding, and stop by the bakery for some bread. Lily and all of her friends will sometimes join her, but she also had a crush on a boy named Liam. He would never notice her, but she would notice him. He would always be practicing his sword fighting skills, he reminded her of her dad. She thought he was perfect for him, but she never has the guts to say hi. Bethany's dad suddenly got so sick, she had to go and buy expensive medicine with all her money, By the time she got back....He was dead. The docters said they tried all they could. Now Bethany will have to take care 0f herself all alone in the village. She will go on adventures with her friends and try to earn money as she goes. With motivation from her mom and dad going in her mind will motivate her to keep on going. She will be going thorough hard decisions, heart breaks, and friendships that might end. She never knew her life would get this complicated, when her bow breaks she has to raise enough money for a bow. She then is offered a job at the bakery, she takes it and earns good money to get her by the day. Being and elf also has its perks, she is so stealthy she sneaks loaves of bread once in a while. She named her horse daisy, since the horse was never really named. She could not pay the land lord for the place she stayed in, so she moved in with Lily(her best friend).

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heya, going over this I've spotted a few things; Your Written test isn't 400 words, you're half-way there! Aside from that I suggest you go over the rules and lore, for example you didn't define Powergaming and what you wrote for Meta-Gaming isn't correct.

Camryn

Villager
Heya, going over this I've spotted a few things; Your Written test isn't 400 words, you're half-way there! Aside from that I suggest you go over the rules and lore, for example you didn't define Powergaming and what you wrote for Meta-Gaming isn't correct.
Well I tried I had to go do something while I was writing and I thought it was really good please accept me please

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Well I tried I had to go do something while I was writing and I thought it was really good please accept me please
Afraid thats not how it works, you need to fit the 400 word mark, and fix the other things I mentioned above, and then you're golden.~

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Its 400 words, however, you haven't fixed the other things I've noticed above, please go about fixing those as well.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Looking over the app, you still haven't addressed the issues, please make sure you read over the rules very carefully.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
You were asked to define Meta-Gaming and Powergaming, please go over that.

Also, don't message staff to try and speed up the process, patience is key~

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'll give you another shot to edit and fix/adjust the written test, address all of the questions correctly and I would make sure everything is answered to the best of your ability, showing that you have indeed read the rules and lore, if its not fixed, I will be forced to decline your application.

Camryn

Villager
I'll give you another shot to edit and fix/adjust the written test, address all of the questions correctly and I would make sure everything is answered to the best of your ability, showing that you have indeed read the rules and lore, if its not fixed, I will be forced to decline your application.
I don't know what I need to do