Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BrianAT16 - Application #2 [Approved - Sally]

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

BrianAT16

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

USA

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Yes

5) Introduce yourself!

Hi my name is BrianAT16. Currently I am attending college I am going to school to become a veterinarian. In my spare time I love playing RPGs. Some of my favorite games are Skyrim, Dead Island, and of course Minecraft. I also love to write fan fiction and I absolutely love to roleplay. I constantly make up little stories about my characters. I am really polite and will be a very active person on the server. Also if you need any help with stories or things like that I would be more than happy to help!

6) Got any examples of your work?

Sadly I do not have any examples of my work I have never published any work and all my old stories got lost when I got a new computer. Hopefully I eventually get a chance to prove myself. I believe my self to be a great creative writer and have had quite a few people tell me I am good at it.

7) Referrer: (Optional)

None
----

About your character
Name
:

Alex Silversand

Race:

Halfling

Appearance:

---

The test

Alex's Journal
It has been about 3 years since I last saw my parents. I was 18 when I moved to the sorrow lands. I had made a life for myself there but I wondered a lot about how my parents were doing. I left home because my parents wanted me to be a warrior like most of the other men in my family but that's not what I want. My parents don't care what I want and when I told them I didn't want to be a warrior they disowned me and made me move out.
About a week ago I received a letter from my mother telling me that my father has gotten sick. She asked if I would come as soon as possible for she did not know how much longer my father would last. I plan to leave tomorrow and I should get home some time in the next two days.
I prayed to the old gods today. I cant remember the last time I did that. Unlike most of the rest of there world I believe that the gods are still around. I prayed that my father would get better soon and if not that my mother would have the strength to get through his death. Currently I am still on the ship and we are about an hour away from getting home.
I am staying in an inn for the night I plan to make the day long journey into the forest to my old family home tomorrow. The forest is dangerous at night as every one knows. Zombies, skeletons, spiders and creepers hide behind every corner. In just one day I will be home. It still seems so far away. I should get some sleep for the journey tomorrow will be a long one.
When walking through the forest the days seem shorter and they nights seem longer. It usually only takes about 8 hours to get to our home from town but it is already night and I have no idea how much farther it is. I have to spend the night in the forest. This will not be the first time I have done this. I have dug a hole in the ground as to protect my self from the monsters. But monsters aren't the only thing roaming these forests at night. Some humans can be more monsterous than the monsters are.
Someone stole my money during the night. I only had about 5 Radiants left after riding the ship but it was all I had. I must leave soon if I want to get home. I need to get there today for if I take much more time I am afraid it will be too late.
I am home but my parents are no where to be found. The odd thing is the house seems to be exactly the same as it was the day I left. It seems as if my parents left the day I left. There is no sign that someone has been living here these last few years. Where have my parents gone? I must go into town and see if anyone knows where my parents have gone. Maybe I will go to the clinic and see if she took father there, but I doubt that my parents hate humans.
I asked around town and finally found someone who knew something about my parents, the grave digger. He told me that my mother and father had died about 3 years ago. The day I had left, my father had fallen ill and then after he died my mother died of a broken heart. Could it have taken 3 years for the letter to get to me? It doesn't make since. I have gotten multiple letters and it never takes so long. I am going to go back to the house and look for more clues. Someone must have either stopped the letter from being deliver or someone with a twisted since of humor sent the letter pretending to be my mother.
It seems to have taken longer the second time to get home. I am still about a day away from home and I am getting tired I must rest. Home seems to get farther and farther each time I come back.
The house is gone. It seems impossible but it is gone. Nothing is left. I don't know what to do. I have no money to get back to the Sorrowlands. I guess I will just have to stay here. Maybe I will rebuild our old house. I prayed to the old gods again today. I pray that I have the strength to find out what is going on.

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Heya Brian!

The only concern I have over this is your player skin, it doesn't really look like an Earthspawn, is there any way you can modify it a bit to help this?

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Ok I just changed my race because after reading more about the the Earthspawns I dont think that an Earthspawn fits my character very well. :) Also edited some of the things in my story to fit my new character race.

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Wonderful :D, your application is fine now

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Ok I have one more question how do I get the the world of altera world. I am currently in the survival world and cant seem to find my way back to spawn.