Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

changes to the server and how people can join. (testing phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducati38

High King
changes to the uptake of the players to the server (test run)

As a new way of bringing players to the server and establishing their credibility to the server and whether they are suited to the server, we are removing the whitelist and change the ranking systems to allow us to establish if they are suited to the server. This will allow us to get a real feel for the person and there ability to communicate to others as well as how well they can rp before we promote the to a fully fledged member of the hollowworld community.

On joining the server all new players will be put into the peasant rank in which period, there ability to communicate to others as well as there rp ability will be discussed between admins as to whether they are suitable to the server and after a period of time they are seen to be an asset to the server, they will be promoted to villager. Likewise, if they are thought to be uninvolved in the server and lack what is required, then the will subsequently be banned.

this is in no way a done deal and is only a test as to how exactly this will work and if it will improve the uptake of people and also improve the community as a whole, if this is successful, it will not only mean that we will have a much more enjoyable server but it will also mean that admins will be able to be much more involved in the server as, rather than having to read through applications of player that wish to join, we can now see there suitability to the server in game and get a hands on view of them as players.

we are doing our best to ensure all lost ranks are being regained by players and ask all of you to be patient as this process occurs. if there are any issues with ranks, please speak to the appropriate person on the server i.e. kings hands and above. i thank you all for your patience and hope you all enjoy the server in all its glory.

ducati38

Strazyplus

Villager
I was starting to write up a profile so I can join. I was wondering where whitelists went. to post anyway the server does not have a whitelist anymore I can just log in now?

Cool this will make it easier for people to join. I just hope griefers stay away... looks like a good server.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Just seen you on the server mate, step one - get a medieval looking skin :)

You can just join now, we'll promote you from the temporary rank (peasant) which new players get once we think you'll fit in with the server and can follow the rules :)

Steelcryo

King of the north!
People can join the server but they cannot build/destroy anything. So we can meet them and talk to them but they can't do anything

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Still doesn't look like a medieval one, looks a bit like a chap with a motorbike helmet ;)

Grab any old medieval one for now mate we can sort it all out later!

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
I can make you a skin is you want, just gimme a specification for it :)
Edit; i can also, if anyone wants, supply new players with a medieval skin if they want one :) i see myself as pretty able in making them :)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
very odd mate it's still showing up with your original one, might be a cache thing with peoples clients or something though.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
sky assassin is a bit too assassins creed, which we've got a lot of tbh, you won't be very unique!

Strazyplus

Villager
Its called sky assassin but does not look like a assassin to me. and I would not be a assassin.

saw a bunch of assassins already.

SeanBon7

Lord of Altera
Excuse me. I have not been able to connect to the server. It just says everytime "Connection timed out: connect" I was also whitelisted right before the change, can anyone help me? I really want to play on this server.

Arkkaine

Admiral of the Warstrom Fleet
The new system is working great so far, but i really think there should be some sort of noticeboard or something at the Spawn to explain to the Peasants what the dealio is.

They ask me what to do to become a villager, I tell them, and then about 30 seconds later someone else asks the same question...

I've seen a few people give up and just leave because they thought it was "too complicated" or didnt understand why they couldn't build.

I think the situation should be made more clear to new members, so they know what to do instead of standing around spawn confused.

I saw someone post something about timed announcements... i think it was halfmad, and i think it would be a great idea if there were messages that displayed every 10 or 15 minutes for peasants that gave them helpful tips and explained things.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Yeah I suggested it as I missed being told that Lannisters always pay their debts :D

Not sure if it's been updated yet to 1.8 though, so might take a while to get one up and running.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
nice idea, but no one reads the signs, nor do they check the forums, they need to be given a more forceful way of noticing it, maybe a seperate spawn area for new players?

Status
Not open for further replies.