Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[City above the Clouds] Rota Magna (Great Wheel)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm quite sorry to tell you that Rota Magna has stalled long ago and I've stopped working on it due to lack of interest and time requirements I have as a staff member.

Thanks very much for your appreciation, it's... um... appreciated.

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
I'm sorry to hear that it stalled out like that... seems to be happening to quite a few builds/events lately.

I'm not here to join (I'm helping somebody else with a build at the moment), but I was just wondering - what is it that keeps Rota Magna up? Before I just assumed magic, but now that magic is broken...

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm sorry to hear that it stalled out like that... seems to be happening to quite a few builds/events lately.

I'm not here to join (I'm helping somebody else with a build at the moment), but I was just wondering - what is it that keeps Rota Magna up? Before I just assumed magic, but now that magic is broken...
Thou hast predicted something using logic alone. Ten points to Ravenclaw.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
There's actually approximately 1,000,000 radiants worth of plots there.

There we zero people helping when I called the project off.

I'll be starting something smaller eventually.

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
I just realised something, the city is much like Columbia of bioshock infinite combined with the sky hold of SOI from the yogscast. Yet unique, it is a shame however that construction has stopped, the main issue i think you have is that you might be starting things off... too big perhaps?

Sir_George_III

Lord of Altera
Willingness to spend time with the city: Well seeing as I already use it for all my shopping purposes, and traverse I definitely spend an substantial amount of time there already, so ya I would say I'm willing to spend time there.

Suitability for character: My character is a Priest and Scholar and would take this as a learning experience, so I would say it suits my character well.

Willingness to help fund the place: For a cause like this I would definitely be willing to put a lot of Rads into it.

Roleplaying Ability: I'm a decent enough roleplayer that I could probably hold one of the spots on the council and I'm sure if you got a hold of Dagur Snowhawk ( d_fry on the forums ), he would vouch for me.

Integrity and Attitude: Well I'm a great guy irl and in-game, but again I'm sure if you got a hold of Dagur Snowhawk ( d_fry on the forums ), he would vouch for me.

So to wrap it up I think that my character is perfect for Rota Magna, and Rota Magna is perfect for my character. Please note though that this would not be my full time home as I reside in Staadnau.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I sure do wish all you folks expressed interest a few months ago.

It's already in the process of being de-commissioned, though.

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
I sure do wish all you folks expressed interest a few months ago.

It's already in the process of being de-commissioned, though.
If only i knew earlier :_: well... you could always sell it off and start again on a smaller beginning level, e.g. a town square and a few buildings and build up from there slowly?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Rest assured I'll still be selling things. I'll mostly use the AH.

But the days of me literally hitting the personal shopkeeper cap and trying to sell /everything/ are probably over.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Yeah, fairly few people noticed I was undercutting the market on nearly everything to try and bring people there frequently since the Port Silver Trade District opened up.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm going to go much smaller, but more importantly, /much/ more vertical.

Rota Magna was insanely expensive for what it cost. was.