Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[City above the Clouds] Rota Magna (Great Wheel)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I can't stand it anymore... When Nimue told us of our own Exodus to Okeanos, to live again in the once great city, I thought we would redevelop it, make it come back to life, back to what it once was... but no, I must be content with simply survivng. Surviving is not living, surviving is merely making sure that your heart still functions, that you take care of vital bodily functions, living is truly living, being involved with the greatest expereinces, ups and downs of true life. That is why I come to you today, I have come to live, I wish to live in and help construct your great city to epic and gracious proportions like our great Okeanos used to be. I wish to live again...

IC Name: Itzza Oceana
Race: Merman
Character Profile: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/itzza-oceana-the-merman-hunter.13098/
MC Name: Itzzaboy
Reasons for joining: I want to see this happen so that it becomes one of the great builds of Altera!
How can you help?: I can offer guidance having run towns in the past, and I can also help organise roleplay events.

My services are yours... please allow me to live again...
Oh my yes. I have an elemental crystal of water planned and yet no one to be a caretaker for it as of yet. I do so believe things are good.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Also, coming soon will be an additional forum conversation for the city proper, which I will make the instant I am done the pressing things I must do today.

For the people that I have not gotten back to (x2): I might be interested in your help, but at present, it will be after some time before those sections are up, and I'll get back to you closer to them being ready.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Taezel contacted me a few days ago about potential being a builder for the new, upcoming disc, Earth I presume. He visited Harlaus and was impressed by the architectural style, which is based off of Middle Eastern building styles (imagine Constantinople or Jerusalem). As a resident of Harlaus, he wanted me to oversee the design of the new disc and model it like Harlaus.

I noticed, however, that Taezel has been permanently banned for glitch abuse; my sincerest apologies on the loss of one of your main builders. Since Taezel has been banned, I was curious as to whether I am still hired or not; I have not heard from anyone in Rota Magna since we first got in contact, which was shortly before he was banned, so I'm inclined to believe this is the first you've heard of me.

In any case, please contact me and let me know what the situation is. I would be honored to build for your city, though I must emphasize that I am still a dedicated member of Harlaus and would continue to abide there.

Farewell, and may Justice light your path!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Right now, the city is currently going through a bit of an adjustment period and a re-planning.

What I can tell you is that I won't really have need of builders/resource gatherers for some time. Really the only thing that helps is cash. (I can finish the build on 80,000r worth of plot in one day. I can by no means get as much mining.)

Ulgarth

Villager
IC Name: Ulgarth Strongoak

Race: Human

Short RP as intro: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?...pplication-approved-readij.17380/#post-193602

MC Name: TheEvilUlgarth

Reasons for joining:
OOC: Your project seems to be a challenging one; I've never lived in or built a city in the sky. By the looks of it, you're a solid roleplayer and you know what you want to do with your town. I like that. You're also quite active and friendly on MC.
IC: Ulgarth is looking for new opportunities, both for himself and his purse. I haven't developed the character much yet but plan to do it in the coming days and weeks as I get more free time.

How can you help?:
I invest myself in the projects I join. I can bring money and resources. To be honest, I'll help where help is needed as I like all aspects of MC. More importantly, I can bring an active roleplayer: me.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
IC Name: Ulgarth Strongoak

Race: Human

Short RP as intro: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?...pplication-approved-readij.17380/#post-193602

MC Name: TheEvilUlgarth

Reasons for joining:
OOC: Your project seems to be a challenging one; I've never lived in or built a city in the sky. By the looks of it, you're a solid roleplayer and you know what you want to do with your town. I like that. You're also quite active and friendly on MC.
IC: Ulgarth is looking for new opportunities, both for himself and his purse. I haven't developed the character much yet but plan to do it in the coming days and weeks as I get more free time.

How can you help?:
I invest myself in the projects I join. I can bring money and resources. To be honest, I'll help where help is needed as I like all aspects of MC. More importantly, I can bring an active roleplayer: me.
I am impressed by your whitelist application. Very soon I shall have a plot ready for you and the role that we've discussed. If you're willing to wait for maybe a week, I'll have both space for you and a job that suits your current roleplay.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Did I say a week? I just kept going on this. You've got a plot. Catch me in-game and I'll show you around.

Very soon I will have three additional plots finished for another three individuals that wish to join as merchants. They're actually rather big plots (Costing 25,000r each or thereabouts.) and would be available for individuals that would like to take an active interest in developing the town further.

I will be charging, as is my custom, absolutely nothing for these, but they come with the expectation that Rota Magna is your full-time town and that you will be donating materials/cash/time to help make the city grand.

altera-remus

Loyal Servant of Altera
Well if I can role play out of the situation I am in now I this Is pretty much heaven...

Character name: Jahh
Race: halfling
How I can help: The idea behind the town is simply marvellous. My next planed RP had something to do with me becoming a mechanist so I may be able to help out with building the air section. I would also like to add the fact that I can role play to a high standard so I may add to some of the role play aspects of the town

Taelyn Adelei Saeradan

Lord of Altera
In-Game Name: bronzeowl9
I would like to join Rota Magna and I think that I deserve to join because I am willing to put time and money into the town. I would like to join the Earth Quarter but I am not interested in owning expensive plots because it does not fit my character very well. I can help build the lots, though. I would like the help the town by putting most of my funds and donating items to the town, and I also think I could share some ideas for the town. Thank you for your time and consideration!
My character is a wood elf who washed up on the shore of Altera, and she remembers her cat who she has not yet found, Siae. Tael (my character's name) remembered the last time she was awake before she went to Altera. She remembered finding a document called the Tome of Fate. She showed this Tome to her father and went back to the place she found it with Siae. Tael saw a man rummaging through her raft looking for the Tome of Fate. He shot her and she ran to her raft and rode it across the ocean. She fell asleep on the raft and awoke in Altera. Tael does not have any profession; she lives off of the land. Elves do not really have a system of commerce, but Tael builds and designs buildings.
It would be nice to live in Rota Magna because we could be the last flooded town if the water isn't stopped. Also, a town in the clouds is very unique, I'd be proud to be a part of this. In Rota Magna I would like to suggest some things to build, such as a place for the citizens of Rota Magna to live in case the water level gets as high as Rota Magna. I also think roleplaying in Rota Magna would be very enjoyable

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
In-Game Name: bronzeowl9
I would like to join Rota Magna and I think that I deserve to join because I am willing to put time and money into the town. I would like to join the Earth Quarter but I am not interested in owning expensive plots because it does not fit my character very well. I can help build the lots, though. My character is an Elf named Tael. I would like the help the town by putting most of my funds and donating items to the town, and I also think I could share some ideas for the town. Thank you for your time and consideration!
Hmm.

Okay, tell me about yourself. (By which I mean, your character.)

As some suggestions,

Why would you like to live in Rota Magna? What would you like to do here? What is your profession, and/or Ambition of profession?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hmmmn. As it stands, I don't think I have anything interesting for you to do.

Based on what you've said, I would recommend you take a look at the town of Tauredal.

Taelyn Adelei Saeradan

Lord of Altera
Hmmmn. As it stands, I don't think I have anything interesting for you to do.

Based on what you've said, I would recommend you take a look at the town of Tauredal.
I'm mainly interested in this town, though. I looked for Tauredal and the only thing that came up was a post that said "Tauredal - Coming Soon!" or something like that and it was a post by a resigned admin, which probably means they don't play on HW any more. Are there any specific jobs you have available? I would probably be best at a building job.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Okay, do you know who the owner of Tauredal is? Is it the person (erm...Elf) who made the thread?
I'm sorry, I don't know who presently owns it. It was resurrected and I didn't notice at the time. I would suggest posting in it, too, and possibly asking in-game.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Hm. I've noticed an odd bug on the bridge to the Fire Disk. Standing on the final pressure plate of the bridge next to the aforementioned Disk, I often pointlessly fall through a gap.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hm. I've noticed an odd bug on the bridge to the Fire Disk. Standing on the final pressure plate of the bridge next to the aforementioned Disk, I often pointlessly fall through a gap.
Introduced in 1.5 is a slight difference that causes occasional fall-throughs on the 'rope bridge' style of fences+wooden pressure plates.

It displeases me. For the time being it's negatable by walking on them as though only walking on a fence.

Dayhawk

Legend of Altera
May i become a citizen of Rota Magna? I wish to settle in a new place, my first place and open a small shop. Be it a bread store or anything else. I'd be more than willing to help donate the project with my earnings.