Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Civilization 5 (4,3,2,1)

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I got this game like two weeks ago and I love it! Anyone else playing it? Id be really interested in knowing what techs you like to grab and what strategies you prefer? :3

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
My strategy on Civ V is usually as follows:

• Just research everything necessary for giant death robot, and divert all resources possible to researching.
  • Build an army, roughly equal in ranged and melee
  • Build a huge navy
  • Overrun all the cities!

If not, I either rush for the Apollo Project or Cultural Completion.

Civ IV, since one could stack armies, I just went and built extreme armies while upgrading them whenever tech allowed it and destroyed the enemy xD

Anithola

Lord of Altera
My strategy on Civ V is usually as follows:

• Just research everything necessary for giant death robot, and divert all resources possible to researching.
  • Build an army, roughly equal in ranged and melee
  • Build a huge navy
  • Overrun all the cities!

If not, I either rush for the Apollo Project or Cultural Completion.

Civ IV, since one could stack armies, I just went and built extreme armies while upgrading them whenever tech allowed it and destroyed the enemy xD
How do you deal with an unhappy population? Whenever i go for a domination victory the unhappiness stacks up horribly fast and I have problems keeping it over 0 :/

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
How do you deal with an unhappy population? Whenever i go for a domination victory the unhappiness stacks up horribly fast and I have problems keeping it over 0 :/
REEESOOOURCESSSSS, YEAH!

My personal favourite path is being an economic powerhouse. Going for things like currency and guilds, then moving on to researching quite the army.

Look through the options for researching, then try and find things that add happiness.

Civ V isn't about building a giant army or being super happy. It's about finding the balance between the two. I've personally found that being rich is a good balance.

Going to war? No problem! Your production is so high that it takes you but a few turns to pump out a unit! As a bonus, you can purchase a bajillion units with your cash money dollah.

Unhappy? Buy luxury resources! Build wonders!

-K9

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
If you adopt the correct social policies you can field a massive army and still have plenty of happiness. I waged a lengthy and large industrial-era war and had 45-58 happiness throughout. Was excellent cuz I kept getting golden ages from it.

Tomtomgags

Lord of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
They/Them
tomtomgags
tomtomgags
Villager
Diplomatic victory is amazing with Brave New World. I really enjoy playing Morocco and making a huge trade empire and buying people's votes and city state alliances.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID! I also had a full money based religion, which generated about 100 GPT

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I got gods and kings. Hopefully I will get brave new world soon.
definitely best of its genre.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I recently started a game as Venice. The downside is that theres absolutely no city states on the northern part of the map that i can trade with, and india is the only civ my caravans can reach... The only thing I could do was send two Merchants of Venice all across the map to take two city states.. Doesnt look bright..

Tomtomgags

Lord of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
They/Them
tomtomgags
tomtomgags
Villager
I recently started a game as Venice. The downside is that theres absolutely no city states on the northern part of the map that i can trade with, and india is the only civ my caravans can reach... The only thing I could do was send two Merchants of Venice all across the map to take two city states.. Doesnt look bright..
Ouch. I usually turn the amount of City States way up compared to the amount of civs, even when I'm not playing Venice :p

Tomtomgags

Lord of Altera
Villager
Pronouns
They/Them
tomtomgags
tomtomgags
Villager
What difficulty does everybody usually play and finish on?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I usually play as Babylon, for all dat science

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
To answer your question more pricesely, you can build special buildings that increase your happiness, get additional luxury goods and adopt the correct policies. As for conquering cities, you can make them to puppets, which add a lower amount of unhappiness, or build courthouses that remove the extra unhappiness from conquered cities.
My personal favourite is razing most conquered cities ^-^