Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Comradex's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Comradex

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Comradex

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using OOC information IC.
Powergaming: When someone acts overpowering against others. IE (Comradex grabs your sword and slits your throat with it.)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Obviously not, it's a hack...

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
I haven't roleplayed in MC for atleast 3 or 4 years, but my friend and I wanted to get into it again. We tried to host our own server but got lazy so now we're joining one haha. Uhm, I like to airsoft (a lot...) I play all genres of video games, except the famous MOBAs. Love anime to death. (I know I'm a weeb...). I used to play Warhammer 40k, but I had to stop because it was expensive. I recently moved out of my house due to lack of electricity so I'm living with a friend haha. Graduating highschool in a couple months... that's my life, haha.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I am very confident in my building skills, but I don't build anything crazy, I'm just good at building villages, castles and whatnot.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
AtomicKittenArmy, he's found this server and we're going to be starting our journey together on it.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Akaidian

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human.

Appearance:
Brown hair, blue eyes, white, 6'3, athletic build.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I attached a picture of my skin.

Written Test!:
Akaidian watches as Noru, his long time friend and business partner steps off the ship and turns to face the sea as he spews vomit from his mouth. "Haha, had a bit of a rough ride, eh?" Smiling while attempting to comfort Noru. "Remind me to never take a ship again." Noru exhaustedly responds while wiping vomit from his mouth with his sleeve. "Why did we end up in such a disgusting place?" Noru complains as Akaidian examines the town. "Yeah... The Northern Kingdoms were much nicer." groans Akaidian. "Well, if you'd prefer to live with the undead, then you should head back." Noru jokes as he begins to walk deeper into the town. Akaidian spots a a lady walking towards them and tugs Noru back as to not cause any commotion so early in the day. "I think we shouldn't cause trouble yet friend. Let us find somewhere to collect our thoughts." Akaidian suggests to Noru, who seems to be deep in thought. "Not now, I'm trying to think." Noru swatting his arm around Akaidian. Akaidian smirks as he points Noru towards a nearby tavern.
"Ah! Newcomers welcome!" A woman says as she walks up to the two while they sit at a table. "How did you know?" Quizzes Akaidian. He did not think they were that noticeable. "Your friend is covered in vomit, and since you just walked into my tavern, it would seem as if you're fresh off the boat!" The barkeep exclaims. Akaidian smiles and says "Well, I guess that would give it away, haha! But we would like some drinks.". The barkeep inquires "What would you two gentlemen like then?". Akaidian raises two fingers "Two specials please.". The barkeep nods and walks away. Akaidian looks over at a puzzled Noru, who immediately looks at Akaidian and says "Let's start here.". "What do you mean?" Akaidian inquires. "I bet you there are tons of people like us, just arriving from the Northern Kingdoms, looking for work! We can hire them and start here!" Noru exclaims. Akaidian scratches his beard and ponders for awhile until he agrees with Noru. "Alright then, you're right, this might finally be our break!". Noru leans back cockily in his chair. "I knew you'd catch on." Just then the barkeep comes back with the drinks. "Thank you." Akaidian says as he pulls out some coins from his pouch and hands them to the keep. "So, how would we start then? We have hardly any money to live, let alone hire people." Akaidian says as he gulps his drink. "Well, I think we should start off by doing some odd jobs, until we have enough to find a place." Noru says, ignoring his drink. "Well, we best get going, day doesn't last forever." Akaidian replies as he makes a loud thud on the table with his drink. "Alright, then, let's finish up here and begin!" Noru says excitedly as he picks up his drink. "Now that's something I can drink to!" Akaidian exclaims as the two toast to a new beginning.
Akaidian and Noru stand outside of the tavern. "Be back here before dark, okay?" Noru tells Akaidian. "Alright, and I'm to search for people to recruit, correct?" Akaidian questions. "Yes and make sure they can get their hands dirty." Noru says as he walks off. Akaidian then turns the opposite direction and heads deep into the town. For a couple hours Akaidian doesn't see find anyone that he thinks could help, "This is going to be harder than I thought..." He sighs. Just as that happens, a man bumps into Akaidian. "Oops, sorry." As he quickly rushes off. "Hold on!" Akaidian shouts. The young man turns around and looks at Akaidian confused. "Y-yes...?". "You look capable enough. What is your name?" Akaidian examines the young athletic looking man. "My name is Zylith. Who are you?" Zylith says, still somewhat confused. "Ah, hello Zylith, my name is Akaidian. By chance, are you looking for some work?". Akaidian inquistively asks. "Uh, yeah, actually I am, I just got off of the boat and haven't had any luck yet.". Zylith scratches his head. "Well, you're in luck, if you'd like, my accomplice and I are wanting to hire people to help us with odd jobs, if you think you have what it takes then I'd suggest you come with me." Akaidian says excitedly. "Uhm, okay... I guess." Zylith shyly says. Akaidian begins to walk back to the tavern as the sun fades. "Before we get back, do you have any money?" Akaidian asks as his stomach growls. "Haha, indeed I do, but, aren't you the one who's supposed to be paying me?" Zylith replies. "Yes... I know, I know... but as of late, my accomplice and I are broke." Akaidian reluctantly says. "Well, how are you going to pay me then?" Zylith asks, feeling insulted. "Well, we have a plan, but we need help. Once we get money, you'll get a fair cut, it'll be worth your while. I promise." Akaidian trying to convince Zylith. "So how about that food?" Akaidian asks once again. "Fine." Zylith reluctantly agrees.
"Mmm..." hums Akaidian as he bites into an apple. "You better pay me back." Zylith rudely says. "Yep, of course. Anyways, let us go to the inn, it is getting dark." Akaidian motions Zylith to follow. After an almost hour long trek, they finally get back to the inn, it is dark and cold. "We already booked our rooms, so you'll probably need to book your own.". "Thanks..." Zylith sighs. Akaidian walks into the inn and goes upstairs leaving Zylith to himself. "Job done..." He groans as he hits the bed.

Attachments

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.