Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ConradPokemonFun - Application [Approved - Sally]

Conrad15

Villager
1.Username: ConradPokemonFun
2. Age: 15
3.Gender: male
4.Country: Canada
Please excuse my bad name i know its horrible but my skin is very unique and ive been working on it just for this server :3

5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server? yes.
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game? yes.

6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction: A young elf with long, shining, gorgeous, STUNI- oh ... right, a young elf with long blonde hair met an old women on a path they exchanges greetings and discovered they were going to be heading in the same direction so they set up camp under a quaint grassy hill for the cold night to come and sat by a small fire. The young elf quickly grew bored of the silence so decided to explain to the old women why he was out there. "well you see I am an elven hunter from the clan Niradios, you know Niradios, Niradios of the forest *pfft* everyone's heard of it. WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO CLUE WHERE THE HE- ... you know what never mind i guess we aren't as well known as i thought". (The women said no words but her stare into his eyes said enough. "Like i was saying where I'm from we hunt, we hunt all day we hunt all night we hunt,hunt,hunt,hunt,hunt ... we're hunters is what I'm trying to say, WE EAT WHAT WE KILL but the problem is *pauses* I could never kill a thing". "I mean i know if my life depended on it i would kill to survive i mean who wouldn't but most of the time i felt my clan killed just to kill so i didn't want to take part in it". "I could tell i was becoming a disappointment in my fathers eyes he would never say it because he loved me to much but i could tell". (The young elf sat quiet for a moment then continued. "So anyway i packed my quiver, as many arrows as it could carry and last my bow then i left just vanished, i mean of course i told my father and my sister and well and most of the clan BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT i vanished". Again the women stared with eyes wide open. The young elf continued "Now that ive been out on the road ive had no problem hunting because i know its me that needs it, its to survive and its exactly what i needed to prove to my father that I'm worth something". The elf sat for a moment then with one wide open mouth yelled. "NO, NO i cant, I JUST CANT". "what in Odens beard am i doing! my thinking is all wrong i shouldn't be here trying to kill so i can impress my father ... is that really why i left home?" (he paused once again. "no. no it isn't why i left. I left because my clan was over hunting and wasting food, WASTING LIFE and i couldn't be apart of it, ancient teachings always taught us to never waste a thing but my father was changing our peoples way and i had to leave it behind me. The old women then nodded and layed down upon her side then thought to herself."holy banana flippers what a nut-job! i sure know how to pick em".
I know bits of it are narrated i hope that's OK if not just reply and tell my and ill try to change it
It might be confusing idk i just started righting and got a little inspired i hope its not to long.
I know its a bit of a back story but around the last quarter it all comes back to why hes there who he is and what not.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more: Hi my real name is Connor from the big old Canada and I'm 15 but don't hold that against me I'm still a very good builder. Currently my favorite project is a Jurassic part futuristic thing I'm trying to create with the archeology-mod, i enjoy it the Dino's are cool also the Mo'creatures-mod i really nice i love the expansion of animals. I mostly like building though so it doesn't really matter its fun to create I'm pretty quiet unless building with someone. Anyway I'm trying to join this server because well I'm really into role play and i mean REALLY i just love it. My love for it is the reason i play so many other games with role-play involved for instance WoW (just one example) i just loved it for the longest time but almost every game has its flaws "almost". Most of the games where i got a chance to role-play in some way there's a flaw with "MOST" but not Minecraft. MC is just so simple sure it has bugs ans issues but when i say flaws i mean the actual game play i can play MC for hours on end and look at the clock, eyes crusty and be like "what in the duck muncher just happened???". Anyway that's why i want to join the sever. As far as hobbies go i would say gaming is my hobbie i go to school hang with friends for a sliver of time a week and then go home game do buckets of homework (damn exams coming up so much STUDYING) but ya games are my only escape, my only true hobby.

8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video: sorry i don't really have examples i usually just play alone and make some random things but never really screen cap any or save them i just make em then move on currently I'm doing a small Jurassic park futuristic exhibit with the Dino-mod. But i do have building skill and creativity i would really like to show.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?: I like cake

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?: yes i am aware and will not now nor ever be using dar(rrrrrrrrrr)k magic.

11. How did you find out about our server?I just came across it by accident browsing for a server to play on but if i like it ill really commit

12. Have you voted for us?I haven't voted yet but ill go do it and if i like the server i can happily donate 10-20$

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Your application needs a bit o' the old fixing :p

First off, you should put the questions in their standard format into your application. Just copy/paste everything into place.

Second, your answer to (what I hope will be labelled as) #6 is too short, and is focused more on the backstory of your character than on an in-character introduction that gives us a look at your roleplay ability. You should provide a short story from the perspective of your character that focuses on his emotions, thoughts, and actions, though his internal monologue should be the most important part along with his emotional state. Be as descriptive as possible!

Oh, and please edit your answer so you aren't a former king or some such. It's quite played out, and the admins won't accept any applications with that kind of thing unless you provide an exceptionally good story.

Finally, your answer to #7 is too short. It has to be a minimum of 8 sentences. You should also write about yourself more than your gaming experiences.

That's about it. Good luck with your application!

Conrad15

Villager
Your application needs a bit o' the old fixing :p

First off, you should put the questions in their standard format into your application. Just copy/paste everything into place.

Second, your answer to (what I hope will be labelled as) #6 is too short, and is focused more on the backstory of your character than on an in-character introduction that gives us a look at your roleplay ability. You should provide a short story from the perspective of your character that focuses on his emotions, thoughts, and actions, though his internal monologue should be the most important part along with his emotional state. Be as descriptive as possible!

Oh, and please edit your answer so you aren't a former king or some such. It's quite played out, and the admins won't accept any applications with that kind of thing unless you provide an exceptionally good story.

Finally, your answer to #7 is too short. It has to be a minimum of 8 sentences. You should also write about yourself more than your gaming experiences.

That's about it. Good luck with your application!
thanks ill edit it up

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Please remove all swearing from your application. We take swearing very seriously and wont allow it. However creative swearing is fine, for example: "Harateth's staff!" "Korog's Beard!" "Jax's luck!"

And emotes aren't really good for RP, we usually use *Action* like *Frowns with a concerned incline of her eyebrow*

One last thing, make sure that your answer to 7 is about yourself, and not minecraft.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Much, much better, but you should separate narration from the rest of it to make it clearer. You should also remove emoticons from your answer to #6. It makes it look a bit more serious.

Once again, your answer to #7 has 6 sentences where there need to be 8. Add two more sentences, and if possible edit some of your existing sentences so they aren't about Minecraft. #7 is meant to introduce you as a person to us, not how you play Minecraft, which we'll see soon enough if/when you're accepted.

As Sally says, no swearing. It's a big no-no here.

Conrad15

Villager
Please remove all swearing from your application. We take swearing very seriously and wont allow it. However creative swearing is fine, for example: "Harateth's staff!" "Korog's Beard!" "Jax's luck!"

And emotes aren't really good for RP, we usually use *Action* like *Frowns with a concerned incline of her eyebrow*

One last thing, make sure that your answer to 7 is about yourself, and not minecraft.[/quo I have changed it as specified ( think anyway) :p

Conrad15

Villager
Much, much better, but you should separate narration from the rest of it to make it clearer. You should also remove emoticons from your answer to #6. It makes it look a bit more serious.

Once again, your answer to #7 has 6 sentences where there need to be 8. Add two more sentences, and if possible edit some of your existing sentences so they aren't about Minecraft. #7 is meant to introduce you as a person to us, not how you play Minecraft, which we'll see soon enough if/when you're accepted.

As Sally says, no swearing. It's a big no-no here.
i put brackets on all narration and highlighted it blue so its much easier to read :)

Conrad15

Villager
It doesn't need the colours or the brackets, if it's character description it should fit easily into the story.
all right if you say so i only did it cuz Baron_aron said it might be better
also how to you change your race? i wanna be an elf

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Alright, thanks for fixing that up.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Conrad15

Villager
Alright, thanks for fixing that up.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
thank you so much and trust me i wont be tempted to use any hacks