Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Entmoot

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Dear All, Minecraft_King_ here. As you know I often have town ideas that I never follow through but with my return to Hollowworld I have a new town that I plan to fully and wholeheartedly follow through, so, here goes.

Entmoot

The town will be based around a sacred Entish stone. It will be in the middle of a dense forest or jungle biome. The sacred stone will be in the centre in a type of courtyard and will be surrounded by houses and a huge tree palace at one end. The main material will be wood, logs and stone It will be the Entish capital of Altera. You Do Not Have to Be an Ent to Live Here.

The Sacred Stone of Entmoot (Lore)

Back before the realm of Altera existed the world was inhabited by Ents. Entlings young and Entwives beautiful. There was always an Entish leader who was always crowned on the sacred stone of Entmoot, I was crowned upon this stone over 1,000 human years ago (198 Ent Years) as was my father before me. It was the Ents most sacred and most worshipped object. The Entish leaders lived in the Royal Palace of Entmoot. It is an over 125 block tall tree that is said to be the first tree in all of Altera. So the Ents live contently and peacefully for several hundred years and this was the calm time of the Ents.

As the years went by Altera grew more and more populated, towns built and roads paved. Elves, Dwarves, Elementals, Orcs and Humans spread throughout the land. And with the spread the forests thinned and the Ents began to disappear. Entlings stopped springing up and Entwives began to get sick. It got so bad that the First Entish high council meeting in 100 human years had to be held little did we know that this was going to be the final Entish high council meeting ever in Altera. We decided that no action would be taken against the humans.

The following morning there was no more Ents missing but the Sacred Stone of Entmoot was gone. We looked everywhere only to find that it had been taken as building material in a nearby city. I was the one appointed to the task of retrieving the stone. When I entered the city walls there was nobody there, it seemed almost completely deserted. I managed to heave the stone up with my entish arms and I carried it back to Entmoot.

I returned to Entmoot with the sacred stone expecting a heroes welcome. I did not receive one. The town of Entmoot was empty. I searced every cavern of evey house but to no avail. I saw nothing, no life, no happiness. Nothing but empty air on a cold wind. There was a period of profound silence before it struck me. I, Skinbark the Great, am the last Ent.

I swore then that Entmoot would never fall into ruin. I would not let the Ents die out. I kept Entmoot safe from the comfort of the royal palace. Everyday I though of that moment when I found the stone. I knew it was still sacred, it was the last Entish legacy and it would forever be kept safe.

Entmoot was eventually found by the peoples of Altera and was reinhabited and remains so to this day.

Feedback greatly Welcomed and Appreciated.

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Here are some pics of the town in single player. This is just a snippet town as it has minimal houses and market etc but the tree and the stone are roughly the same.

A market stall.2012-03-24_21.29.29.png

Inside a typical home.
2012-03-24_21.28.54.png

The royal Entish Palace. First alteran tree!
Scaled Image.jpg

The sacred stone of Entmoot.
Scaled Image 3.jpg

Town overhead.
Scaled Image 4.jpg

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
I'm going to throw this out there, this is a very commendable and ent-icing story. Not to mention is lays a solid base for this City of yours. Though I do have a question, how does your Ent-based City work (very basic question, I know). Or is the City meant for the generic races and just based around on the Entmoot stone?..

I'm just curious.

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Its meant for the generic races based around the stone and in keeping with the lore. It will still be Ent themed but as I am the only one I kinda will need generic races as a populace :)

cfdj

Loyal Servant of Altera
Right then where do I apply? (by the way you missed an A in skinbark 7 lines before the end.

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Not really taking apps just now. Im still fundraising atm so Entmoot may be a while as I look to get maybe 100k before I start. Thanks for the typo notice. Also I am taking suggestions for the mode of transport. From Entmoot to PS.

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
Big update to the lore 1st paragraph. It is the new royal palace that is a huge tree. I'll need soebody to build it for me as im poor at doing big trees. It's in the lore atm although i'm only about 75% sure i'll keep it in the towns plans.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
Minecraftking, I'm planning on creating a dense forest surrounding Tauredal (a giant tree town. see the census for more info) and your town could fit in reallyyyyy well there. The forest will be inside of the nation of Myrithias and be somewhat close to Uthrandir.

PM me if you're interested, I've got a lot of stuff planned for the giant forest area if you'd want to join :D

Minecraft_King_

Lord of Altera
I have decided to fully implement the tree palace. It will be enterable by all and also will maybe serve as a library. It too will be around a courtyard which in turn is around the sacred stone.

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
I'm not going to live there, but you'll see me there very often! I bet dryads and ents will be best friends!