Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Eternal_Shadow66's Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

Eternal_Shadow66

Legend of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Eternal_Shadow66

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Both are a similar concept but executed differently
Metagaming is using knowledge that your character doesn't have in order to bend things to your favor. It's a very seductive play style and is used in varied degrees prime examples are Pokemon VG/TCG, and Magic the Gathering TCG.
Powergaming is essentially flipping on god mode your characters are nigh untouchable while at the same time able to land every hit without fail. Much like Metagaming this play style's soul purpose is to break the game and make it unfair along with removes the enjoyment for others.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No you do not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tempy_
8. Tell us about yourself!
I call myself a novice writer though the truth is I'm pretty competent when it comes to writing and usually will do third person though I do have some experience writing in first it just thinks it's not as good, just don't ask me to write anything that's non-fictional because I find it boring and will quickly lose interest. Currently I'm taking care of my autistic little brother while my mother works, you know get him on and off the bus, make sure he's fed, get him in the shower and off to bed. I also do quite a bit of household chores in exchange for living without paying rent. Fianlly the games I'm playing currently would be; The Elder Scroll v Skyrim, Fallout NewVegas, Dragon Age Series, and some MMOs to toss into the mix.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
You'll get an example in the writing test.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope found it while I was searching around for good servers

Character Name:
Nero Dalmascer

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Nero is a athletic young man who stands six feet even. He wears the jacket his mother gave him when he was leaving on his first scouting mission it's base color is grey with a black trim, while the shoulders are designed with a light checkerboard pattern. However the back of the jacket has the design of a blue sword with a golden hilt and ruby jewel at the cross guard.

Looking up one will notice Nero's brown eyes are unwavering all ways transfixed in the direction of his goal, this is however an unfortunate side effect of a curse put on him years ago. His hair is short and messy quite fitting for some one with his life style as grooming can be quite tedious while your always moving around looking for adventure. Finally his ears, because of his human origin Nero's ears are rounded, and because they're smaller then an elves Nero is easily able to cover them should he ever hear a loud sound.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Nero was born to a clan of nomadic people, while his given name is Nero Dalmascer. Though he separated from them after losing sight of the group he was with at the time, an event he doesn't like to bring up willingly or when sober, but if you dig around you might find a journal recounting his exploits, from his diving into ruins, to his narrow escape from death's cold grip though doing with an action like that will cause him to lose all respect for the perpetrator who does this.

Nero's childhood isn't anything special since he was constantly moving around with his clan, he had a mother and father who both cared deeply for him. He learned the basics of survival from the other adults as he and the other children helped with gathering, mostly berries and water, while the scouts taught him basic tips while hunting so he would never get lost.

But Nero would describe his childhood as uneventful because his mid teen years are where he really started to become adventurous. He was always leaving the main camp to go exploring just to see what he could find, and collect what he found to be interesting. Though he never really went too far away from the safety, though he did push further to test just how far he could go, but would often end up being caught by a returning scout and promptly sent back before he got into trouble with the clans' chief.

But Nero's exploits didn't stop when ever he was sent back. Instead he decided that in order to indulge in his own curiosity Nero would join one of the scouting parties allowing him to travel farther away from home finding safe routes for the main camp to travel through. This allowed the young man to indulge in his adventurous fantasies while taking on the responsibility of keeping the people he grew up from going through any dangerous paths.

While Nero was preparing for his first time truly leaving the safety of numbers he grew accustomed to in childhood. In the middle of putting what little provision he had into a small satchel Nero's mother began to approach him asking almost begging for the young man to reconsider fearing that should something go wrong the clan would not only lose one of their own, but she would lose her child. While he understood he concern Nero simply told her that he understood the dangers, and while part of his becoming a scout was to indulge in a selfish need to satiate his own curiosity the reason he truly joined them was to make sure the people he grew up with would make it safely to a new home.

After seeing Nero's persistence and hearing his reasoning his mother simply nodded before leaving his tent allowing the young man to finish packing. While he had a hard time getting to sleep Nero was able to get a sound rest before his departure. As Nero and the group he was accompanying were about to leave they only stopped as Nero's mother approached with parcel that seemed poorly wrapped before handing it over to him. But because he was in a hurry Nero simply gave a small thanks and rushed off to catch up with his comrades.

On his first night out holding the parcel under his right arm Nero let out a defeated sigh, and upon opening his gift upon his lap lay a jacket with a blue sword, with a golden hilt, and a ruby sitting just at the cross guard. After discarding of the wrapping and putting the string into his satchel Nero put the jacket of and to his surprise it fit comfortably on his shoulders, it wasn't tight allowing him to breath and didn't restrict his arm movement.

Over the next week the scouts would attempt to find ways that were safe to travel through with varying degrees of success. Some seemed perfectly fit to travel through routes like mountain paths were either covered in a landslide or were covered with hostile creatures. While forests were more accessible there was still a chance of a hostile creature attacking, or the possibility of a raid on the main camp by bandits who knew the location better. In short things weren't very hopeful with fewer and fewer possibilities with each passing day.

After a week the group was about to throw in the towel and head back to tell every one that they must go back to find other locations. Of course while they were heading off to return to camp Nero found some ruins believing he could explore it and be back before they got to far he went right in, cutting his way through thick vines that rested at the entrance. Not even a quarter of the way into the ruins did Nero realize that he stupidly and willingly separated himself from the others, but when he got to the entrance he noticed he was alone with night time quickly approaching and no one knew he was even there.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey there, sorry it's taken so long. I'll have a look

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-please remove the red eyes, As they're unnatural.
-there can be no mention of magic or curses in the test.
-vengeful character trope
- 29% of the test resulted in plagiarized work.

Eternal_Shadow66

Legend of Altera
A few things to look over:
-please remove the red eyes, As they're unnatural.
-there can be no mention of magic or curses in the test.
-vengeful character trope
- 29% of the test resulted in plagiarized work.
Edited though I don't know which part was plagiarized so I rewrote the entire writing test

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.