Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

ethane007's White List Application [Accepted - Squidziod]

Ethan Elliott

Lord of Altera
Minecraft Username: ethane007
Nationality: Irish
I have read through all of the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official lore and most of the survival guides.
To me powergaming is Performing actions without giving others the option of reacting, in order to benefit from it. Hard to define, but it's generally quite childish. A good example would be another player attacking you, and you responding with, in a single message-- "I flick the blade out of your hand and plunge a dagger into your heart then steal all of the treasure and leap out of the window". Metagaming to me, it's using any strategies or actions which "averts" the set of rules or limits in the given enviornment. It is also utilizing information that your character does not have or have access to reach a certain goal within the game .Again I have to say it's childish.

Allowing X-ray Mods: No, simply no. It's an unfair advantage which takes away from the experience of the game.

One of the mentors is Glados

So to tell you about myself, I am a coder who specializes primarily in Java. Some of my more outdoors activities include my regular flying and gliding (at least once a month), diving every now and again and almost every second week I will go hiking for the weekend. I do occasionally write but I mean it when I say I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. I don't have a specific genre of music and will listen to whatever comes on as long as it isn't rap or hard rock.

I was referred to this server by multiple people namely CatalystGaming and Paradaux.
My Character
Name: Edward Eldsmar
Race: Human
Appearance: It is a primarily red shirt which looks worn and well used. He wears dark Gray Trousers and is pale skinned. With dark hair and a fringe to one side he also has a dark green eyes. (See attached image)
2017-01-28_21.17.59.png
Written Test:
Born into an exceedingly wealthy and influential Noble house, bordering the Southern Isles, Edward was perhaps among the most privileged-- and certainly lucky-- children in Altera. Unlike most boys of his age, he wasn’t particularly interested in the ways of warriors. He learned to spar and duel to an extent, given his background, but he never truly took to it.
No, his interest lay elsewhere. He combed the family library, studying in the dim silence of the house. Books on business, finance, the thousands of trade routes that laced the land. He became as familiar as counting coins as most his age were with toys and play.
Not that he had to put such skills to much use-- In fact, working on the fringes of the calm Southern Sea, the family's wealth was all but secure. They held a great mine to the South, heaving with machinery and toil. Silver flowed from the place, as from nowhere in Altera at the time, and it made their family wealthy, influential, and bold.
The Eldsmar land bounded across the coast in just a few years. At its heart was a grand mansion, decked in gold and luxury. Edward himself wasn’t to embroiled in the family matters-- Not fond of court, he was content to make smaller deals under his Father's eye. Never with a sense of purpose or satisfaction-- After all, the wealth of the family was secure, waiting to be inherited.
That is, of course, until the mines ran dry.
The grand carts of silver halted jarringly fast. First left the labourers, then the servants. With a dozen debts hanging above the family, their prized mines simply ran out.
The family tried to give the illusion of stability, hurriedly paying off their debts with what remained of their finances. But it wasn’t enough. The grand parties and feasts had stopped, and only a few servants wandered the grounds.
As vultures, the houses circled. Rumours spread, and it was clear it was only a matter of time before their lands were diced apart and consumed by other houses. These matters rarely go without violence.
And so one by one, the dominoes fell. The rising star of the Eldsmars sputtered and died. Edwards more distant relatives fled to the safety of other houses, or were left destitute on the street.
Edward himself-- A quiet, coy and not the least bit aloof former Noble was sent off by his Father with a small sum of money, in order to avoid the conflict that would soon come to the house. He soon lost contact with both his Mother and Father, though one or the other was likely, he knew, taken and imprisoned for the debts.
And so, in a gilded jacket worn by travel, with a rapier strapped to his hip, a young man steps from the gangplank into the harbour of Storm’s Landing, with an unfamiliar and disconcerting lightness in his pockets. There is however, something hopeful in the matter. That lightness has the potential to be filled.
And there is something else. An obligation gnawing at the back of his mind. That the Eldsmar family should rise to be a formidable force once again.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Your application is looking very good to me so far. There's just one thing I'd like you to look at first. Your metagaming definition needs to be more specific; you're on the right track but not quite there yet.

Fix that one thing, then post here. I'll take a second look at your application then. Thanks for applying!

Ethan Elliott

Lord of Altera
Your application is looking very good to me so far. There's just one thing I'd like you to look at first. Your metagaming definition needs to be more specific; you're on the right track but not quite there yet.

Fix that one thing, then post here. I'll take a second look at your application then. Thanks for applying!
I've updated and tried to improve upon my definition of metagaming.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations, Ethan Elliott!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.