Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Faction Territory Borders

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I don't think you understand what the peaceful region tag means.

It doesn't just mean "This region opts out", it means "The people living in this region also opt out."

That being said - aside -

So...

You're saying if I made a horizontal and vertical line of claims across passing through Y-o and X-o I could claim the map?

Or if I say, bought all the land /around/ an empire and built a giant, GoT wall around it, I could?

Yeah, technically, but then people'd just be mad.

I just want my little place in the mountains and for it to be left alone. Why yes the gritty stuff is more realistic but it's not treated properly and after 2+ years I just want to do something different and something collaborative.

That's what the ratings are there for. Not everybody wants the same kind of roleplay you do, and if you get "collaborative storytelling" you'd get why we have a ratings system.
Not 100% what I meant. maybe in a giant Nutshell.
My point in the second part is that some of the claims (and I use claims here deliberately) walk right past towns not belonging to the claimants, ending with several thousand blocks of - nothing - in between their actual towns and coasts/other boarders.

The first part is mainly me not getting why we suddenly can't make our RP claims anymore while they were previously accepted and even kinda directly or indirectly encouraged during the move to the current map.

As for your GoT wall...
Well lets take for example that you built such a wall directly around the the claims of an empire and actually own everything behind it - yes you probably could ;).
Baron#s joke post where he claims the entire world is pretty much hitting it - you can always do it (even in RL) if the other factions will accept the claim is another story though.

To not apply Godwin's law here lets take the separatists in the Ukraine as an example

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I wasn't joking. There's 2, maybe 3 people in the world that can stop me and two of them have expressed in their thread that they'd prefer being neutral. My character is easily powerful enough to subdue any rebelling populations.

ACU20

Legend of Altera
The Senatoor land is actually quite small now. After the treaty they made with Engems a few days ago.

Think of it like this. Senatoor was doing some bad things and got their but kicked. To prevent further but kicking they promised not to expand their power. Like what happened to Germany in the World Wars
plea to House Senatoor:

do not go Christopher Columbus on the entire jungle I don't want my people to be pushed out of their homeland into tiny pittances of their old territory.

No /no no/

Please, for the love of god do not make assumptions. It is annoying me alot seeing you talk like this about my house it is /not/ in a decline, it was just decided that a peace was better rather than a war, we're actually gaining more power than before and we've had a boost of members, and my name is christoffer and i will gladly claim whatever land i wish in the jungle for spain!

@Michcat

The only mountain part we claimed was the southern part of it, closest to Aellyr.

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
No /no no/

Please, for the love of god do not make assumptions. It is annoying me alot seeing you talk like this about my house it is /not/ in a decline, it was just decided that a peace was better rather than a war, we're actually gaining more power than before and we've had a boost of members, and my name is christoffer and i will gladly claim whatever land i wish in the jungle for spain!

@Michcat

The only mountain part we claimed was the southern part of it, closest to Aellyr.
Are you not aware of the treaty your house signed? @BarbarianGaming

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
Correction to Albareth's belly in purple:
upload_2014-7-17_9-25-30.png
- Marr can have the declaimed plains to the north in exchange for getting away from my front door (ie. that bit of forest they claim for hunting grounds).
- That strip of forest to the east is too far from Al'B to be under our direct area of influence but that does not mean the Scottish people can claim it. Consider it a no man's land. Hey maybe Marr can have they're hunting grounds in that north eastern blob of forest. @Tybalt

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Correction to Albareth's belly in purple:
View attachment 49223
- Marr can have the declaimed plains to the north in exchange for getting away from my front door (ie. that bit of forest they claim for hunting grounds).
- That strip of forest to the east is too far from Al'B to be under our direct area of influence but that does not mean the Scottish people can claim it. Consider it a no man's land. Hey maybe Marr can have they're hunting grounds in that north eastern blob of forest. @Tybalt
We will accept the "blob"
But will keep the contested grounds of the forest as a neutral buffer zone at the very least.... Should come see us ic bout dat ;)

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It's also worth pointing out that the island just West of Renatus, cut off into a triangle-like shape is under Renatan control though is not directly ours.
I assume ya mean East? Cause that's Elfland.
Saeredan disbanded.
Tybalt has confirmed Marr doesnt want the desert.
There is no more Hammerfell mwahaha.
There are no farms in that area.
The Engem doctrine has claimed protection over Caparii so they can already be in that land and it still be Engem.
And the jungle has no buildings besides the Temple of Shalherana so I don't think anyone lives there. Besides Falandraal which has already made a post to be apart of Senatoor.
Saeredan may have disbanded but Tauredal is just as large and has just as many residents. It's just a city without a noble governing house controlling it, and has the exact same borders.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I will throttle all of you. Every last one. The problem with saying this is in RP is that it implies that no one may RPly claim land within the borders. And there are towns in there already which have nothing to do with the empires indicated. You see how this is a problem?

Not to mention the fact that there are two, possibly three server builds that have been swallowed or otherwise encompassed by claims on this map and I am so not okay with this.

Please, folks. If you'd like a map to use in RP, do some reading on the allowed and established buffers and then do some surveying. Heck, you could commission it and have someone do it IC.

Verfumbo

I think I might like it here
The natives of the jungle have no real.settlement and so that claim is false. We claim the jungle end of.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
The natives of the jungle have no real.settlement and so that claim is false. We claim the jungle end of.
I'm confused by this post. What do you mean? Was this in response to me? If it was, I have news for you: I wasn't referring to the natives.

If you continue to say "such and such claim is false, we claim the jungle" without even trying to listen to me (who incidentally has no stake in any of the territories mapped out except as far as they impinge upon server builds), then I'm afraid I'm going to have to come up with an alternate tactic that would probably involve implementing a rule no one will be entirely satisfied with. I would really rather not do that. I'd rather you follow the rules already in place (a hint: Sally linked them). But this argument is getting entirely out of hand.

Spark

Broken
Expanding your "empire" using the current rules is almost too easy. If your house has as much influence and control as some of you are saying it does, then that means you have a fair amount of players in your house, or at least supporting it. Unless of course your empire is made up of NPCs. Assuming you get 1000 rads from voting (?), and a plot is 2500, then for every 2.5 active members you can get 1 plot per day just from voting. If you have 10 active players that's 4 plots a day. Ez. That's without having to spend all day digging in a dark hole.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Personally I'm fine with this claiming thing, mainly because it will enhance the political roleplay on this server which frankly, has been rather dead compared to how it was before. But what is important to note is that when you make these 'claims' please do some research into what you are claiming and see what is actually there rather than just "I SEE LAND, GIMME LAND"

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
As far as I'm aware it wasn't the community's choice to implement a system that made certain towns peaceful and untouchable... I'm just saying >_>

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
*Ahem*

There is one area of land that can be RP claimed in the way that everyone seems to want. However, it is Dummy's. And if any of you sticky fingered hooligan's get touchy-feely with it, Dummy'll cut your heads off; cuz the RP claim can actually be enforced in such a manner.

I take that back. He'll let you touch the land and stuff. But he'll still cut your heads off; the head cutting has nothing to do with touching the land, though.

This is the land that can be claimed through RP because the claim can be enforced(Some of you may be familiar with it):

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
As far as I'm aware it wasn't the community's choice to implement a system that made certain towns peaceful and untouchable... I'm just saying >_>
No, but it was done in response to player concerns and frustrations. That's the purpose of staff.

*sigh*

Verfumbo

I think I might like it here
I'm confused by this post. What do you mean? Was this in response to me? If it was, I have news for you: I wasn't referring to the natives.

If you continue to say "such and such claim is false, we claim the jungle" without even trying to listen to me (who incidentally has no stake in any of the territories mapped out except as far as they impinge upon server builds), then I'm afraid I'm going to have to come up with an alternate tactic that would probably involve implementing a rule no one will be entirely satisfied with. I would really rather not do that. I'd rather you follow the rules already in place (a hint: Sally linked them). But this argument is getting entirely out of hand.
I wasn't talking to you :/

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

I still don't see the problem with claiming to own something - it still doesn't mean you actually own it.
Why for example should a heretic character care if its a temple?

China also claims territory that belongs to other countries and even harvests oil there.
There isn't really much one can do about people running around saying that they own this and that in either Rp or real life.

Whether they actually own their claims is a totally different story.
The sisterhood can still laugh it off or something like that.
That people IC-claim land is in no way an indicator that others have to accept it IC.