Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

FAQ - New Map

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
player government collapsing is super cool tho
Really? I remember Lavoyard collapsing and from the outside it seemed it died due to inactivity which...is akin to watching grass grow. Maybe it was different because I wasn't involved in that group but thats what it looked like from the outside.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Really? I remember Lavoyard collapsing and from the outside it seemed it died due to inactivity which...is akin to watching grass grow. Maybe it was different because I wasn't involved in that group but thats what it looked like from the outside.
lavoyard collapsed because every single member hated every other member + people got banned + people went inactive. it wasn't an RP collapse, it was people getting fed up.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
lavoyard collapsed because every single member hated every other member + people got banned + people went inactive. it wasn't an RP collapse, it was people getting fed up.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the same thing has happened with both Wolfstadt and Marr since I've been here. With the factors you mentioned playing a bigger or lesser role in each case. Doens't this weaken the case for a player ran spawn due to our servers history of factions collapsing for OOC reasons not RP reasons?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I'm against a central government at all if a player one is unfeasible. I don't want to be told by staff what to do in-character, and I don't want to have to do what a randomly staff appointed faction tells me to do. I'd rather independent city-states and a few factions large enough to be considered true kingdoms.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I'm against a central government at all if a player one is unfeasible. I don't want to be told by staff what to do in-character, and I don't want to have to do what a randomly staff appointed faction tells me to do. I'd rather independent city-states and a few factions large enough to be considered true kingdoms.
I think those not involved in Anhald's faction shares much the same concern as you do only adding the "I don't want other players forcing me to RP a certain way anymore than they already do." Its the same logic only expanded a little more.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I think those not involved in Anhald's faction shares much the same concern as you do only adding the "I don't want other players forcing me to RP a certain way anymore than they already do." Its the same logic only expanded a little more.
Correct. I only expand in places where I get consent from the players involved, like our current northern conquest with Queen's Port and Kane. I can't help that we influence larger stuff by nature (like, if you make something blatantly anti-anhald we've gotta get involved or w/e) and we're trying to slow our roll on getting folks to consent since we're already so large.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
I got a couple questions.

First I was incrediblely excited to see that a copy of the map will be made available for us to download and save our hard work in this world as a keep sake. That is very much appreciated. My question is can/will be a copy of the map be before towns are destroyed by the campaign? Like I have this lovely lovely teashop in Thiil that I would very much like a copy of but Thiil is set to be destroyed and I would hate to loose that.

Second question is if when builds are being WE'd over are items in picture frames and bookshelves and the like be an issue? Are we going to need to put all those items in chest before the WE of builds?

Thanks!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I got a couple questions.

First I was incrediblely excited to see that a copy of the map will be made available for us to download and save our hard work in this world as a keep sake. That is very much appreciated. My question is can/will be a copy of the map be before towns are destroyed by the campaign? Like I have this lovely lovely teashop in Thiil that I would very much like a copy of but Thiil is set to be destroyed and I would hate to loose that.

Second question is if when builds are being WE'd over are items in picture frames and bookshelves and the like be an issue? Are we going to need to put all those items in chest before the WE of builds?

Thanks!
Just to clarify: there won't be a map download, the map will be available at some point for us to come back on it and have a look at the past... Nostalgia nostalgia :)
I guess there could be a way of copying builds to creative if you want to save them, but that would probably fall into the usual WE edit, which means it would cost diamonds. We can't start copying and saving all the individual builds people want to keep, or we would be submerged under demands...

For the second question, it is always safer to take out items you want to save before a WE. Items in frames and chest *may* disappear in the process, so if you want to be safe, just save them elsewhere.
Regarding bookshelves: everything is lost when moving a bookshelf. Books are saved with the coordinates of the bookshelf, which means that /everything/ will be lost for these. Please save them before!

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Just to clarify: there won't be a map download, the map will be available at some point for us to come back on it and have a look at the past... Nostalgia nostalgia :)
I guess there could be a way of copying builds to creative if you want to save them, but that would probably fall into the usual WE edit, which means it would cost diamonds. We can't start copying and saving all the individual builds people want to keep, or we would be submerged under demands...

For the second question, it is always safer to take out items you want to save before a WE. Items in frames and chest *may* disappear in the process, so if you want to be safe, just save them elsewhere.
Regarding bookshelves: everything is lost when moving a bookshelf. Books are saved with the coordinates of the bookshelf, which means that /everything/ will be lost for these. Please save them before!
*We have made a copy of the current map. We'll be looking into making it available OOCly after we change maps, so your work will be preserved.
I don't understand are you saying this line means that the server will just be preserving the work and that the builders who have spent hundreds of hours on towns are not allowed to get a copy to keep their original work? If not to the public can it be made available to town owners who are interested?

Also are you saying we have to move ALL items in chest even to say a pocket or risk loosing them?

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I don't understand are you saying this line means that the server will just be preserving the work and that the builders who have spent hundreds of hours on towns are not allowed to get a copy to keep their original work? If not to the public can it be made available to town owners who are interested?

Also are you saying we have to move ALL items in chest even to say a pocket or risk loosing them?
I think it's the safest to put all your important items in your pocket, yes.
I've World Edited a bunch and it sporadically emptied some chests and/or removed the items from the item frame when copied over.
So it might not affect your chests and item frames but there is a risk.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
We never made the map downloadable, and will never. It will however probably be available to visit, in the future.
If you want to save a particular building as I said, you can have it WE over at the cost of the normal WE diamond cost.

It is the normal process for Exodus times (Exodus is going to a new world for RP, and a new map for us players), and soon enough everybody will have forgotten about that old map we had some time ago...
Why? Because you're going to build new things even more awesome on the new map! So why bother with old dusty things :D

Concerning this: It is advised to save your really important items (very valuables, RP items, as well items on armor stands and item frames) in a place it won't risk anything (your own inventory, your pocket). Because we are dependant on technology, errors might happen, who knows what is happening in a computer's head?

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Concerning this: It is advised to save your really important items (very valuables, RP items, as well items on armor stands and item frames) in a place it won't risk anything (your own inventory, your pocket). Because we are dependant on technology, errors might happen, who knows what is happening in a computer's head?
So items lost in chest such as building materials will be replaced correct?

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
ptiber Can we get a full list of items that don't WE over and need to be removed before WE? Like are flower pots and banners safe? What all isn't safe to leave up for WE?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
ptiber Can we get a full list of items that don't WE over and need to be removed before WE? Like are flower pots and banners safe? What all isn't safe to leave up for WE?
Conservative Answer:
All Entities & objects otherwise containing or holding data or metadata beyond their block type.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Conservative Answer:
All Entities & objects otherwise containing or holding data or metadata beyond their block type.
Yep that is correct, so:
- item frames
- flower pots
- armor stands
- banners
- I probably miss some but these are the most importants.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Yep that is correct, so:
- item frames
- flower pots
- armor stands
- banners
- I probably miss some but these are the most importants.
All signs are also wiped by WE if I recall right.

Bookshelves (Definate yes), some kinds of plants (Ones in certain growth stages)[Depends] and complicated redstone mechanisms.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
rip my estate and all it's enteties

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
All signs are also wiped by WE if I recall right.

Bookshelves (Definate yes), some kinds of plants (Ones in certain growth stages)[Depends] and complicated redstone mechanisms.
No signs are good I think.
Bookshelves content of course, as I said the content is linked to the location, so moving it would make everything disappear.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Also what about pets? How are our horses/dogs/cats getting moved over?